Archived Posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Experiencing Issues when Gaming or Streaming? READ THIS!

Hi Community! We're working hard to make your gaming & streaming experience with Rogers the BEST it can be. The next step in our journey is to capture a few specifics from those of us who are experiencing any issues affecting your online gaming and s...

RogersGaming_Batman.png

Resolved! Bridge Mode Setup Guide

Hey fellow forum users. If anyone is willing to help me with this, it would be appreciated. I am wanting to make a 'bridged mode setup guide', pretty much one thread, which goes "smc - how to""Cisco - how to""hitron - how to" And would also put in a ...

Gdkitty by Resident Expert
  • 193 replies
  • 4 likes

Please Read Before Posting

This board is a place for community members to: Ask questions about how things work in the Community i.e. How do I delete my post? How do I edit my profile? How do I change my username? Etc. Provide suggestions to the Community Manager, Community Spe...

Welcome to the Community Lounge!

The Lounge is a place to kick back, relax and chat with your fellow community users. Wanna talk about the Blue Jays? Cool! How about music, movies, sports? Check! Essentially, the Lounge is a place for friendly and casual discussion that is considere...

Rogers’ Burial Process

Rogers’ Burial Process is initiated when a customer is experiencing degraded signal from their existing cable feed to their property. After exhausting all troubleshooting steps to correct or improve the signal, and only as a last resort, the field te...

Burial1.jpg Burial2.jpg Burial3.jpg Burial4.jpg

Navigatr Guide - How To

Navigatr Guide – How To’s This guide is designed to hopefully help walk people through how to manage some of the functions on the new Navigatr guide. Some of these things may be WORK AROUNDS on how to do specific things, until a better way is release...

1.jpg 6.jpg 20.JPG 21.JPG
Gdkitty by Resident Expert
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Easy Fixes to 5 of the Most Common TV Issues

Often times, many of life’s most common annoyances end up having the simplest of solutions, and all you needed was a simple push in the right direction. How do I reset my digital cable box? Start by unplugging the power cable, either from the power o...

RogersDarrell by Community Manager (Retired)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

4 Ways to Personalize Your Rogers TV Experience

Here are four ways Rogers Digital TV customers can make their TV-watching experience even more personalized. Set a default channel When you turn on your TV, you’ll notice that your digital box automatically defaults to channel 1. Try these simple ste...

Resolved! Please Specify Your Location When asking for Help

Hey folks. Because Rogers uses different hardware in different areas of the country, if you're asking for hardware help, please specify the province you live in and the type of hardware you're asking about. For example, in NB, the Nextbox 2 is from M...

Lurker by I'm a Senior Advisor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Archives: FAQs

Hey Community, The Archives board will house all of our past posts and threads that are now deemed out of date or no longer applicable. This board will remain locked and be only viewable. If you have any inquiries or concern about current products or...

Resolved! Change WiFi Password

i need to change my password, cannot log in     ***Edited Labels***

desequeira by I've Been Around
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Internet connection laggy

I don't know how long this has been going on but this past week I tried to play some games on the PC there was a terrible connection, bouncing through the games or sometimes dropping connection. I ran a few tests on DSLreports and the ratings for the...

davej13 by I Plan to Stick Around
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Ooma VOIP phone poor performance on rogers

I have had an ooma telo since 2013 and I was on Bell Fibe and it worked fine. Recently I switched to Rogers and my phone cuts in and out, people can't understand what I'm saying, apparently my voice cuts in and out constantly, rendering my phone almo...

daboss9991 by I've Been Here Awhile
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Internet connection timing out

For the past 3 days or so, my internet have been occationally timing out when browsing web, which requires me to refresh couple times to load the page. The speed is great otherwise. Occured with multiple browsers, so I thought to check out the forum....

Voidcher by I've Been Around
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

DNS Benchmark Results Loss

I am not sure if this is anything to do with the Ping and Latency issues with the Hitron CGN3AC I just wanted to bring this issue to the forums.. every single time I do a dns benchmark search for the fastest server to use every single one of them has...

Vibe by I Plan to Stick Around
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Upload speed dropped in some parts of building

I posted a few days ago as the whole building who have Rogers has been having problems which click in like clock work after5/6 pm. I found out that it is not all customers. I can say with certainity. that both mine and the tenant above me are having ...

Joseph2007 by I Plan to Stick Around
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Constant disconnects for the last couple of days

I live in London Ontario and for the last couple days I have been getting constant disconnects. Every 2 to 5 minutes the internet will disconnect for anywhere from 2 to 30 seconds. I am on a desktop with a Cisco modem. I am wondering if it is just th...

Resolved! Bridging questions

I have the Cisco DPC3825 Gateway, and have it bridged. All my PC's and devices in the house are wired connected. I have switches to accommodate the extra inputs that I need. For the past few weeks, service has been dropping frequently - sometimes for...

gwilki by I Plan to Stick Around
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Proper setup for modem router + wireless router + voIP

Hi, I have a Cisco DPC 3825 modem, a TP-Link TL-WR841ND wireless router, and an SPA2102-R phone adapter. What is the correct way to set up these three devices? I would like to use the wireless router as my home network/access point, but all the confi...

hjklqw by I've Been Around
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Setting up a Minecraft Server

I have the Cisco DPC3825. Behind it I have a Linksys WRT-54g running DD-WRT, and behind that I have my PC. I can do port forwarding to my webserver running on the PC and all works fine: external people can surf to http://MY_PUBLIC_IP and they see my ...

perkey by I've Been Around
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Cisco DPC3825 Gateway Still broadcasts WIFI signal when bridged

I bridged the default router that Rogers gave me so I could use my router. It still broadcasts a signal and I'm still able to connect to it via wired connection. I could still connect via wireless but I cannot remember the password. I tried re-gainin...

Resolved! Potential in-home internet problems

Hey Community Forums, For the past few days my internet has been down to 7% speeds of its average (well, average when working properly). From speedtest I get around 30Mbps while now I've been getting anywhere from 1 to 3Mbps. These type of issues hav...

aFuoco by I've Been Here Awhile
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Internet cutting out every 2 minutes

Last two months, I've had no problems at all with my connection (Hybrid 60). This morning, though, I wake up and I can't do anything. The internet connection drops every minute for about 10-20 seconds. I can't even ping my modem (192.168.100.1) when ...

ahm2307 by I Plan to Stick Around
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! defective modem - swapping

Rogers tech support this morning confirmed that my intermittant internet availability is due to a defective Cisco DPC3825 modem. Since it's a rental, it's off to the Rogers store I go to swap it out. When I got this modem - not all that long ago - th...

gwilki by I Plan to Stick Around
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Internet Dropping wifi connection

Drops 10-15 times a day Router is a CISCO DPC3825, located on 2nd floor We are new to Rogers Not sure if router issue or Internet into home issue I do not think location of router is issue as have had two previous homes over 8 years, with router on 2...

FreddyD by I'm Here A Lot
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection Issues - slowness and internet dropping

Hi folks, There's a couple of issues I keep running into my home internet. First off, I've got the 500GB Extreme internet, CiscoDPC3825 modem, bridged toBelkin N600DB Wireless Router. And to top it off, I use unblock-us to get American Netflix (thoug...

Resolved! Wifi slow to connect when booting up laptop

Over the last few weeks my wifi has been taking a very long time to connect when I turn on my laptop and even longer to get Chrome to open; once connected everything runs fine and speed is great. I've run security scans, unistalled and reinstalled Ch...

KWoo by I Plan to Stick Around
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! WIFI NOT WORKING!

So I'ev have rogers wifi internet for a few weeks, its worked perfect, woke up this morning and no wifi... the power did clicker last night maybe thats part of it. My Imac is plugged into the wireless modem via ethenet and it works fine. The wireless...

brp360 by I've Been Here Awhile
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Third Party Modem Wifi, or range extender

Hi, I am subscribed to the Rogers 250gb 50mbps plan. I've recently noticed extremely slow connections with 2-3mbps max. This was odd as my internet is usually at the advertised speeds. I've realized that the range of the Cisco DPC3825 default modem i...

Resolved! Modem has been hacked

My Rogers Cisco DPC3825 modem has been hack by my neigbours. They are viewing the websites I go to and my emails and banking information. After I factory reset that modem, when i went to change the default password for the cusadmin account, a prompt ...

ED1900 by I've Been Here Awhile
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
Labels