Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

markopas
I plan to stick around

@pateldax wrote:

@markopasYes I did. They are not giving back the old modems.

Even after you told them the new modem is nothing but frustrating? they are making no exceptions?

looks like the Modem/Router updated last night to 2.0.10.14.

I haven't tried the bridge mode with my d link but I'm going to assume the issue still persists.

longhau
I've been here awhile

@threepiecewhite same here. Tech came onsite and swapped modems for us and now my speeds are anywhere from 60-120mbps. My upload has never looked better though. Hitting the full 50, so there is that!

@pateldax wrote:

I swap this so called new router for 3 times, 2.4 wifi giving me no more than 8-9 Mpbs, 5G around 30-40 and wired connection arounf 200-300Mpbs. My old router was amazing. Techincal rep on the phone have no clue what's ha[penning. Service rep already mentioned this new router are useless and thet are serving 15 customers a day for same issues. Thatis it now, I am cancelling my service as I am without internet for about 10 days now. Very frustating and No more ROgers in my Life now, going to cancel everything I have with Rogers - Home Monitoring, Cable and Cell phones. ENtire family is very annoyed. Rogers have no clue how to help.

@RogersDave may be Rogers should have tested this useless router before handling to customers. Rogers is creating inconveinence to 1000 of familes during holidays.

I understand your frustration, but did you check the thread and follow these steps to eliminate the issues?

-First if using LAN devices don't use port 1, use port 4-3-2.
-Disable 2.4Ghz band, and run some tests to see if your issues improve. If it improves you can try to re-enable 2.4Ghz, but set the Channel Width to 20Mhz ONLY.

as always, reboot the MODEM after making changes.

Rogers right now is on the cutting edge with these modems, they were released in a very short time frame because of the issues with Intel Puma 6. They are one of the only Networks in the World running DOCSIS 3.1

Try the work arounds I posted, Dave and the team at Rogers are working very hard to fix the issues, and I can assure you they have some fixes in the works, they are just doing more internal testing before releasing it to the public.

pateldax
I've been here awhile
Guess what I did. I swapped back with old CGNM -3552 and my original speeds are back. Wired around 800mpbs, 5G around 450 mpbs. Finally relaxed after 2 weeks without internet.

Rest in Piece CODA-5582, never ever will get those modems

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Thanks Guys for the Hard work @RogersDave @Datalink and all Rogers staff and our beta tester team.

I am sure next year will be amazing and in the meantime I wish you all good time with your family and friends!

Cheers! 

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Just swaped the modem. Still running .13 with Bridge to Asus RT-AC87U 

Seeing a loss on Upstream Power levels 

6.30PM - Today - CGNM-3552 

CGNM-3552_2.png

CGNM-3552_1.png

8 PM Today - CODA-4582

CODA-4582_1.png

CODA-4582_2.png

Big8D
I plan to stick around
2.0.10.18 is pushed out last night, hope this one will fix some issues.

gp-se
I'm an advisor
are you in the beta program, what changes have you noticed?

Big8D
I plan to stick around
No, I don't think so. I didn't test anything yet so I don't know what changes they have made with the new release.

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Still on .13 how long it takes to push the new firmware ?

bonanza
I plan to stick around
Same here. I just got the router today and speeds on 5GHZ are abysmal. Hoping to get the newest firmware ASAP

chiuchoo
I've been around
I am on 2.0.10.18 and am glad to see my issues with 2.4 GHz have been fixed. I was previously only getting 8 mbps but am now consistently hitting over 40 mbps.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

2.0.10.18 (December 23, 2016)
Improvement to LAN switch port autonegociation protocol

Any clue if this firmware will fix the bridge issue?

markopas
I plan to stick around
Did we jump firmware on the 4582 from .14 to .18?

There is a .17 and .18 version that is being loaded onto modems with specific issues.

thesky
I've been here awhile
Since Dec 13, I am getting less than 10 in 2.4g and and up to 20 in 5g. Currently on .14

thesky
I've been here awhile
Just opted for beta and hoping lastest firmware is pushed promptly. Happy Holidays!

bonanza
I plan to stick around

What's the beta version number? If .14 is still giving you the issue, which I have too, I want to be pushed into another firmware as well!

AaronMT
I plan to stick around

Count me as one who just ran into a DHCP issue in bridge mode with my RT-AC87U which seemed to happen after I manually rebooted the modem. I was able to resolve this issue by factory restoring my CODA-4582.

Seemingly at the same time, a new firmware update was available for my Asus RT-AC87U. Applying that, factory restoring the modem, I am now back online.

Speeds are still pretty dismal on the .14 firmware update with my Gigabit connection only reaching peak ~700Mbps on Rogers Speedtest.