Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@lethalsniper

For online gaming, very small improvements like I said it's more stable but the ping is still high, good news is that it's stable and not as much jitter.

I am confident that with DOCSIS 3.1 and future firmware updates the ping will finally go down.

Hybrid_Noodle
I plan to stick around

@markopasquick question on the D-Link's what is the internal IP address range it uses for the LAN side by default (192.168.x.x/xx)? Could it maybe be a subnet issue between the devices as once you change the modem to bridge mode you can still access it via 192.168.100.1.

Also something to try as you seem ontop of things would be to clone the mac address of a PC that functions if you plug it in directly and spoof the routers MAC address (If possible on the D-Link)

garym1
I've been here awhile

I had issues for ages with my rocket modem and nat issues on my Xbox. I just recently resolved it by putting the Xbox in a DMZ. Have had zero issues with gaming. I'm hesitant to start from scratch with a new modem. How is the CODA for NAT issues? Or too early too tell?

markopas
I plan to stick around

@Hybrid_Noodle wrote:

@markopasquick question on the D-Link's what is the internal IP address range it uses for the LAN side by default (192.168.x.x/xx)? Could it maybe be a subnet issue between the devices as once you change the modem to bridge mode you can still access it via 192.168.100.1.

Also something to try as you seem ontop of things would be to clone the mac address of a PC that functions if you plug it in directly and spoof the routers MAC address (If possible on the D-Link)

D-Link's default IP is 192.168.0.1 but I change it to something non-standard.  I didnt know about the 192.168.100.1 address till today, I will give that a shot once I get home from work and see what happens.

It has the ability to clone MAC addresses and see if that works, nothing something I figured I would need to do but worth a shot.

Hybrid_Noodle
I plan to stick around
@markopas I agree none of these things should need to be done but this seems like a strange situation.

14N
I plan to stick around

a workaround is disable all the wifi on the modem and remain as the gateway if you want to use your router as your access point. Not sure if will affect the internet speed though.

Patrick9591
I plan to stick around

Hello,

@markopas I believe it is being caused because your modem has locked to your PC's MAC address. It happened to me last night. Definitely try spoofing that MAC address in your router.  If your router is 192.168.0.1 there should not be a subnet conflict with 192.168.100.1 once the modem is bridged.

@garym1 I do not use my CODA-4582 as a router but just as a modem in bridge mode. If you port forward the ports you need for your xbox I am certain you will achieve an open NAT. You can use the following website https://portforward.com/ to find the game/ports needed and how to set it up. Placing the xbox in DMZ can work because it is no longer behind a firewall.

Hseth
I've been here awhile

I am looking for some advise on a couple of things. I had rogers ignite 100u, during a recent promo renewal I was told getting rogers ignite gigabit would be the better option. So I did and got a new modem, I noticed some issues with the speeds over the course of a few months (getting download of 30-50 range and upload 5-10 range wired and even slower wifi). They send over a tech after some checks the tech decided to swap to the new white modem. My speeds dropped to 1-7 mbps download, after several calls and more techs over 2 days, the rogers agent at the store realised the modem was never activated. Great now we got it activated and I am still getting speeds of  36 mbps download and maybe 3-5  all of these tests are done wired. So now rogers is telling me my lap top is only capable of receiving download speeds of 100 mbps. I am still not getting 100 mbps and is this even a real thing, that my lap top is limiting my speeds? Or just another reached by Rogers, any one ever heard of this?

Thanks

markopas
I plan to stick around

@Hseth wrote:

I am looking for some advise on a couple of things. I had rogers ignite 100u, during a recent promo renewal I was told getting rogers ignite gigabit would be the better option. So I did and got a new modem, I noticed some issues with the speeds over the course of a few months (getting download of 30-50 range and upload 5-10 range wired and even slower wifi). They send over a tech after some checks the tech decided to swap to the new white modem. My speeds dropped to 1-7 mbps download, after several calls and more techs over 2 days, the rogers agent at the store realised the modem was never activated. Great now we got it activated and I am still getting speeds of  36 mbps download and maybe 3-5  all of these tests are done wired. So now rogers is telling me my lap top is only capable of receiving download speeds of 100 mbps. I am still not getting 100 mbps and is this even a real thing, that my lap top is limiting my speeds? Or just another reached by Rogers, any one ever heard of this?

Thanks

It's possible, what speeds were you getting on your previous modem with your 100u?

Do you know if the tech who came out tested the connection and speed before leaving?

If your laptop/desktop is using a 10/100 network card then it's definitely your network card but if you are using gigabit network card then that's not the limit factor - there are other things that you can do to determine this.  Sometimes (depending OS) with MS, you can make you network card speeds set to either 10/100/1000 but no one really ever sets it to this and is usually set to auto.

If you can share your network card make and model, it will help determine if that's where the fault lies.

Patrick9591
I plan to stick around

Hello @Hseth,

Please try reaching out to @RogersDave as he is the best person to assist you on this forum in regards to speed. If you click start or windows key + R and type in ncpa.cpl, right click your network adapter and click status. It should state your speed. I would definitely try another wired device. If signal modem levels etc. are good the next step would be to check the advanced settings on your ethernet controller if anything is out of the ordinary.

markopas
I plan to stick around

@Patrick9591 wrote:

Hello,

@markopas I believe it is being caused because your modem has locked to your PC's MAC address. It happened to me last night. Definitely try spoofing that MAC address in your router.  If your router is 192.168.0.1 there should not be a subnet conflict with 192.168.100.1 once the modem is bridged.

@Patrick9591 - thats not possible, in both instances my router was the first thing to connect to the modem after installation and setup.  I only used my laptop after the fact to see if there was a fault on the modem itself rather than my router.

If the laptop was truly locked to my modem then I wouldnt be able to connect any other device on any other port on that modem. 

I don't use the standard b-class private ip range that everyone else uses so the big thing will be once I get home, plug my router back in and then surf to the 192.168.100.1 address and see what comes up (if anything).

Hybrid_Noodle
I plan to stick around
The strange thing is if you start looking into the 3rd party router not getting an IP from a modem it goes across all types of devices for a number of years.

Other suggestions that appear to have worked is Turning off the router and modem, disconnect the Coax from the modem. Wait an undetermined amount of time (5-20 minutes). Plug back in the Coax and turn on the modem only. Let the modem come online and sit with nothing connected into it for another undetermined amount of time and then connect and power back up the router.

I feel as though this is something that has been done numerous times but the biggest variable is how long people wait before plugging in and powering on as IP/ARP/Routing/DHCP/ETC tables take time to timeout which could lead to the device coming back online prior to the information clearing from the tables and being stuck back in the same state.

Patrick9591
I plan to stick around

@markopas It most certainly can happen. If the DHCP lease was renewed it could have locked to your PC's MAC. It is still worth trying to spoof your PC's MAC address on your router.

iamleoliu
I've been here awhile

Anyone got the USB (smb) to work on this modem? Did not see that menu.

14N
I plan to stick around

@Hybrid_Noodle wrote:
The strange thing is if you start looking into the 3rd party router not getting an IP from a modem it goes across all types of devices for a number of years.

Other suggestions that appear to have worked is Turning off the router and modem, disconnect the Coax from the modem. Wait an undetermined amount of time (5-20 minutes). Plug back in the Coax and turn on the modem only. Let the modem come online and sit with nothing connected into it for another undetermined amount of time and then connect and power back up the router.

I feel as though this is something that has been done numerous times but the biggest variable is how long people wait before plugging in and powering on as IP/ARP/Routing/DHCP/ETC tables take time to timeout which could lead to the device coming back online prior to the information clearing from the tables and being stuck back in the same state.

Tried it for an hour, no luck

Hybrid_Noodle
I plan to stick around
Thanks for trying @14N.
Realistically we would need a packet capture between the router and the modem at this point in time to figure out what is happening as stated by @Datalink earlier in this thread.

markopas
I plan to stick around

@Patrick9591 wrote:

@markopas It most certainly can happen. If the DHCP lease was renewed it could have locked to your PC's MAC. It is still worth trying to spoof your PC's MAC address on your router.

See, that would've been an interesting theory if I had ever plugged my laptop into the modem directly the first time around.

I just finished running some tests.

1. Confirmed I am running the latest firmware 2.0.10.14 that was just pushed out at 00:00:31 Thursday morning.
  2. I had factory reset the modem and plugged my router in to port 1 and then continued to setup the easyconnect @RogersDave (if you can find a way for us to bypass this it would highly appreciated).
  3. I then set the modem in to bridge mode and waited for it to finish restarting and then checked the internet connection (no internet).
  4. I then proceeded to clone my computers MAC address previous recommendations, this rebooted the router and waited for it to come back up, I then connected to the status page where it stil showed no internet connection 
  5. While I am plugged in to my router (cable) and have the modem in bridge mode, I then tried to connect to 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1 and neither was accessible  I disconnected the cable from my router and plugged it into the back of the modem, waited for an IP to be assigned and then use the 192.168.100.1 address which gave me access to the hitron splash page, logged in and enabled the residential gateway.

As it stands, the new firmware has not really shown me fix for the current router connectivity issue and have just powered it back off for the time being. 

I plan on trying the DD-WRT firmware which the router is capable of using and has proven success by another user on this thread.

Are there any other thoughts or suggests others would like me to try?

tyreman
I plan to stick around

Got .14 here this AM.

All good bridge with 68U router

pateldax
I've been here awhile

I swap this so called new router for 3 times, 2.4 wifi giving me no more than 8-9 Mpbs, 5G around 30-40 and wired connection arounf 200-300Mpbs. My old router was amazing. Techincal rep on the phone have no clue what's ha[penning. Service rep already mentioned this new router are useless and thet are serving 15 customers a day for same issues. Thatis it now, I am cancelling my service as I am without internet for about 10 days now. Very frustating and No more ROgers in my Life now, going to cancel everything I have with Rogers - Home Monitoring, Cable and Cell phones. ENtire family is very annoyed. Rogers have no clue how to help.

@RogersDave may be Rogers should have tested this useless router before handling to customers. Rogers is creating inconveinence to 1000 of familes during holidays.

markopas
I plan to stick around

@pateldax wrote:

I swap this so called new router for 3 times, 2.4 wifi giving me no more than 8-9 Mpbs, 5G around 30-40 and wired connection arounf 200-300Mpbs. My old router was amazing. Techincal rep on the phone have no clue what's ha[penning. Service rep already mentioned this new router are useless and thet are serving 15 customers a day for same issues. Thatis it now, I am cancelling my service as I am without internet for about 10 days now. Very frustating and No more ROgers in my Life now, going to cancel everything I have with Rogers - Home Monitoring, Cable and Cell phones. ENtire family is very annoyed. Rogers have no clue how to help.

@RogersDave may be Rogers should have tested this useless router before handling to customers. Rogers is creating inconveinence to 1000 of familes during holidays.

Have you tried going back to the store asking for the old modem back or atleast the same make and model that use to work.

pateldax
I've been here awhile

@markopasYes I did. They are not giving back the old modems.