Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@buttman The provisioning process should be instant.  I've had techs at my house do it instantly, and agents in store do it instantly.

Take it back to the store and have them provision it on the spot.

I'm Here A Lot

I spoke with three different techs from Rogers already and they couldn't resolve it. I have a ticket oped and received a small credit for the inconvenience. I guess I can wait a few more hours, then ask for my old modem back - we are burning through cell data fast.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

jjunge wrote:

CODA-4582 - Can no longer access my NAS over the network - please help!

Hi Guys,

I switched to the CODA-4582 and I'm using it as my router as well instead of the D-Link I was using before. Since using this modem as the router, I can no longer access my NAS and I'm hoping someone can help - I assume there is something I can set to allow it to work. Here is what happens:

1) The configuration page at the IP of the NAS is fully accessible

2) If I open File Explorer and expand the 'Network' tab on the left, I see the NAS listed there

3) When I click on the NAS, Windows tells me the the device is not accessible. Similarly, when I try to configure my backup software, it sees the NAS but cannot access it.

I've tried placing the NAS in the DMZ and that didn't work. Any other ideas? Thanks alot Smiley Happy

Don't put the NAS in the DMZ; that's basically telling the gateway to forward all ports to the NAS. Very unlikely to be what you want... 

Are you trying to access the NAS using a name or an IP? I suspect that your CODA-4582 may be running a different subnet, or even if you have it set up as the same subnet, your NAS was assigned a different IP. And I think your client machines could be caching the old IP behind the NetBIOS name...

I Plan to Stick Around

It shows up as 'LINKSTATION' in the network list and I can't access it like that or if I try to navigate to the IP. How can I go about looking into whether or not things are cached causing the problem? The odd thing is that I can access the config page through edge navigating to the IP but can't navigate to it within windows - very frustrated... Smiley Sad
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

jjunge wrote:
It shows up as 'LINKSTATION' in the network list and I can't access it like that or if I try to navigate to the IP. How can I go about looking into whether or not things are cached causing the problem? The odd thing is that I can access the config page through edge navigating to the IP but can't navigate to it within windows - very frustrated... Smiley Sad

What happens if you try to put \\1.2.3.4\ (replacing that with the right IP, obviously) in a Windows Explorer (not a web browser) location bar?

I Plan to Stick Around

If I put the IP into windows explorer - it errors out saying the device is not found. The only way I can access the NAS is using Edge and surfing to the IP.

I'm Here A Lot

Yep! I was seeing 700mbs with the other gigabyte router. With this new one, I'm lucky to see 50mbs wired, or wireless. I tried replacing the unit and still the same issue. Not fun.
I'm Here A Lot

It's not the unit guys its the firmware and the rogers network not working with this modem correctly.

Rogers better fix this issue as were paying for gigabit speeds and not getting them.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@buttman I agree with @Double_K.  Take the modem back to the store and ensure that the CSR has completed the transaction that assigns the modem to your account.  If that isn't done for some reason, you won't be able to get the modem online.  I've had that happen to me at one point.  Tech support and Customer support couldn't do anything until that transaction was completed. 

I'm Here A Lot

It isn't a provisioning issue. It's a firmware issue on the new modem. Taking mine back now and downgrading to the old gigabyte modem. Sadly.
What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.