Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

I know, but when it is turned on next year I would like to know if it can be disabled. The 3552 I am using does not have that option so im running it in bridged mode for that reason.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@prateeck7 can you try setting your wifi settings for the 2.4 Ghz to wireless N only and see if that makes a difference for the tablets?

I Plan to Stick Around

Not bad. I'm running in bridge mode. Any tip to bring the ping down?

Sketch.png

I Plan to Stick Around

CODA-4582 - Can no longer access my NAS over the network - please help!

Hi Guys,

I switched to the CODA-4582 and I'm using it as my router as well instead of the D-Link I was using before. Since using this modem as the router, I can no longer access my NAS and I'm hoping someone can help - I assume there is something I can set to allow it to work. Here is what happens:

1) The configuration page at the IP of the NAS is fully accessible

2) If I open File Explorer and expand the 'Network' tab on the left, I see the NAS listed there

3) When I click on the NAS, Windows tells me the the device is not accessible. Similarly, when I try to configure my backup software, it sees the NAS but cannot access it.

I've tried placing the NAS in the DMZ and that didn't work. Any other ideas? Thanks alot Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting the so many can run the CODA-4582 in bridge mode. I tried several times and my router will not get an IP from the CODA. I called tech support who consulted with a Level 2 tech and was advised there is a known issue with the new modem that is causing the LAN ports to shut off when the modem is bridged. I'm back to running it in gateway mode. Anyone else had this problem?

jjunge wrote:

Interesting the so many can run the CODA-4582 in bridge mode. I tried several times and my router will not get an IP from the CODA. I called tech support who consulted with a Level 2 tech and was advised there is a known issue with the new modem that is causing the LAN ports to shut off when the modem is bridged. I'm back to running it in gateway mode. Anyone else had this problem?

@jjunge  I run mine in bridge mode.  My personal router/firewall gets it's IP from the Rogers DHCP server.  I've verified that all 4 of the LAN ports on my modem operate in bridge mode at 1.0Gbps connection speed (was actually testing this yesterday to try to replicate abspatel's issue).

I Plan to Stick Around

That is really interesting. Maybe there is a problem with certain routers obtaining an IP from the CODA but mine definately does not. Level 2 tech support was definately aware of this issue though - not sure if it is only in certain scenarios or not. I am quite content using this box in Gateway mode as it seems to work very well - if I could get access to my NAS through it that is really all I need Smiley Happy

jjunge wrote:

That is really interesting. Maybe there is a problem with certain routers obtaining an IP from the CODA but mine definately does not. Level 2 tech support was definately aware of this issue though - not sure if it is only in certain scenarios or not. I am quite content using this box in Gateway mode as it seems to work very well - if I could get access to my NAS through it that is really all I need Smiley Happy

@jjunge In Gateway mode, the modem gets a public IP address (99.x.y.z) from the Rogers DHCP server.  It then runs a DHCP server itself (in Gateway mode) to give your computer(s) a private IP address (192.168.y.z).

In bridge mode, the device connected to the modem gets a public IP address (99.x.y.z) from the Rogers DHCP server (essentially, the modem is just a modem).  This is typically a personal router / firewall, but can also be your PC.

Here's the catch:  In bridge mode, the Rogers DHCP server captures the MAC address of the first & second device(s) connected.  It then holds these MAC addresses in its database for some amount of time (not sure how long).  If you try to connect a 3rd MAC address, the DHCP server won't give it a public IP address.  Is this what you are trying to do?

I'm Here A Lot

Apparently my 4582 was not provisioned on the back end and fails connection test. The "@" light is not on. Any idea how long this provisioning process takes?
It's been almost 20 hours without internet and I'm thinking of returning this modem.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll check this when I get home. I'd don't have another router, but I'll test out the bridge vs gateway as well. Hopefully that's not the problem as I do need wireless functionality.

Worst part is that I can get +200mbps on my iPhone 6 running a speed test next to the modem.