tester2013
I plan to stick around
My MacBook has both network. 2.4ghz and the 5Ghz

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@Alex4161 wrote:

@tester2013

If this is the spec of your Macbook Pro, your network card is only 2.4 Ghz:

https://support.apple.com/kb/sp619?locale=en_US

Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible

Huh? 802.11a is 5GHz; if you see something that says IEEE 802.11a/b/g or IEEE 802.11.a/b/g/n (or, of course, .ac for the newest stuff), that means it can do dual-band wifi.

Apple has always been very good about dual-band wifi cards. Maybe the PowerPC machines had single-band 802.11b/g back in the day, but every Intel-based MacBook/MacBook Pro has had dual-band... (and, as crazy as it is and as old as it makes me feel, the Intel Mac transition was 11 years ago)

@tester2013 wrote:

@Alex4161

This is my MacBook

https://support.apple.com/kb/sp645?locale=en_US

Based on the spec sheet - "Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n specification);" - your computer supported N as the fastest wireless connection and given the time frame and phrasing -"based on" - quite likely an early draft version. 150 Mbps with a solid wall inbetween is pretty respectable on that. 

You could invest in an AC adapter but for me that's hard to justify when you've also got a Gigabit Ethernet port. When you really need to fly/download something large, just plug in and avoid all the fun of wireless interference altogether.

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@CommunityHelps @RogersDave

Is anyone else getting the following errors lately...

CODA-4582 Router - Hitron Technologies

1402/28/2017 07:39:1990000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;
1502/28/2017 07:39:2873025103criticalRegistration RSP rejected unspecified reason;
1602/28/2017 07:39:2873027100errorT6 Timeout and retries exceeded;
1702/28/2017 07:39:2873000200criticalREG RSP not received;
1802/28/2017 07:39:5082000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;
1902/28/2017 07:39:5668000401warningToD request sent - No Response received;
2002/28/2017 07:39:5990000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;

AtlantisSRT4
I plan to stick around
Yes, I'm glad im not alone

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Yes.

mine is loaded with these errors as well No ranging respsonse, Lost MDDtimeout warning mimo event mimo

critical error 

17 of them..

on D3.0

Hi Dave : Could you please provide an update on this for me ?

bhaskarp
I plan to stick around

what you dealing with daveSmiley Indifferent

icunxtime
I'm here a lot

I just checked in to see if this has been fixed yet but I guess not, I will stick with my black modem still for now, speeds wired are in the 800 range 150-180 still wireless which is fine, I do have that one on a timer though to power off and on at 3:45 am each day as I find it boggs down if I don't. 

I hope they fix this Hiltron modem or replace it soon I'd like to hit my 1gb speeds one day!...... But better than what you guys are experiencing, Kudos to you for sticking with this model,testing and working out the issues !

I had 2 white modems before I went Black and haven't been back 🙂

ONeill88
I've been here awhile
Anyone else having issues with the USB port not working since .24?

I've always been able to stream to Apple TV using a USB stick connected to the Coda's USB port but it's stopped working.

Any ideas?

@ONeill88 

Have you tried a factroy reset?

Use a pen tip or similiar and press and hold the reset button on the back of the CODA for 20 seconds.

Wait 2 minutes for the modem to reboot and run setup.

darekj24
I've been around

I've called Rogers tech multiple times and they still could not give me a straight answer as to why I was not receiving my 50Mbps upload speed on the Gigabit plan. He even told me that people around my area were getting that speed no problem on the same plan. I have been sitting around the 20Mbps mark for over 2 months now with no increases. The last time I called they confirmed that I was receiving the advertised speeds and also would not provide me with a legitimate screenshot proving so.....what is going on here guys? Here is my most recent speed test. 859 down is actually the highest I've reached so far. BTW I only have 2 connections going into the modem, a VOIP phone and to my PC. Port 1 is PC port 2 is VOIP. I even tried unplugging my VOIP phone to see if it would make a difference but it wouldn't.

rogers2.pngrogers1.png

coldkick
I've been here awhile

@WestPoint

MIMO errors are negligable. Just Wifi antenae connecting to a device. The RRSP rejections and T6 timeouts are more concerning. Basically, your modem attempts to send the RRSP three times and all three fail. This triggers the T6 response which will restart the cable interface on the modem. 

The No Ranging Reponse T3 Timeout means that Rogers isn't responding on the CMTS (basically the node where Rogers serves your cable subscription from) and this could be due to a number of factors:

1) For some reason your modems MAC isn't synced to what Rogers has. Seems unlikely, since you just have intermitent loss.

2) The CMTS is hitting some issues with congestion and can't respond to your requests

3) Something really funky is happening with the router firmware and it's issuing falsy requests... seems unlikely but possible.

viciouslancer
I plan to stick around

Since the CODA-4582 has built-in bonded MoCA 2.0 support, can I just connect an adapter to another coax outlet? or do I have to go ethernet(modem)>adapter#1>coax(room1) and then coax(room2)>adapter#2>ethernet(pc/extra router)?

I was hoping to have modem centralized in house, moca adapter in garage, moca adapter in another room.

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@coldkick yea i know what it is now, only took about 20 calls to rogers and 40 posts here in the forums, over the last 3 weeks, before someone finally got to the bottom of this, and it would seem you got it right...

Rogers informed me that the CMTS is hitting some issues with congestion and can't respond to the requests, apparently this issue has been escalated from an individual, per call in issue, finally, too a group/community issue and that this SHOULD help them to get more senior techs working in the area to try and get services back up.

But just out of curiousity, how many people are in my area, because I seriously dont think this issue is just contained to my little area of Toronto.... Im near Eglinton and Jane street, and even my friends in Mississauga, on ehas the new gigabit modem, the other the ignite modem still, and BOTH of them have been getting signal degridation or complete loss for the last few weeks, confirmed with them both yesterday that its still happening on both modems.

Anyways, all we can do is keep testing and try to help them find the issues.... I know I've done about all I can do for them, on multiple occations I have stated and basically proven that its being cause by long-term connections, such as gaming online, or large file download, the service will start great, nice high download speed, but then will drop by close to half then again and again it will drop over about a 2min period, and then cut right out and never come up again without a manual reboot..... Tested with a 42GB file, tried to download to my desktop and failed and then my Xbox as well and failed, both on Cat6 cable connections....

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor
I've been observing my modem reboot several times during the week. Two reboots occurred during the morning around 2AM, and one was during the morning around 10AM.

Could there be some memory leak causing the modem to reboot? Overheating?

@RogersDave keep on losing wireless 5g on all my devices not showing up the only way to get it back is to reboot the modem ?

viciouslancer
I plan to stick around

Is there going to be a hardware replacement program? or is the firmware going to fix the speed degradation issues? Is MoCA enabled or can it be enabled?

@coldkick wrote:

@WestPoint

MIMO errors are negligable. Just Wifi antenae connecting to a device. The RRSP rejections and T6 timeouts are more concerning. Basically, your modem attempts to send the RRSP three times and all three fail. This triggers the T6 response which will restart the cable interface on the modem. 

The No Ranging Reponse T3 Timeout means that Rogers isn't responding on the CMTS (basically the node where Rogers serves your cable subscription from) and this could be due to a number of factors:

1) For some reason your modems MAC isn't synced to what Rogers has. Seems unlikely, since you just have intermitent loss.

2) The CMTS is hitting some issues with congestion and can't respond to your requests

3) Something really funky is happening with the router firmware and it's issuing falsy requests... seems unlikely but possible.

@coldkick

MIMO isn't talking about WiFi, it's a DOCSIS error

http://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-does-the-mimo-event-mimo-log-message-mean-393

Silence
I plan to stick around

So I got a text message last week from rogers stating that in order to continue to get the best from my sevice, I'll need a modem upgrade. At the time I was using the the Hitron CGN3ACR (The one that has AC on the front side panel) it came with it's issues but surely enough after updating to the latest trial firmware most issues have been resolved, that being said I couldn't resist knowing there's a more "advanced" modem out there without trying it in hopes it's everything I currently have and more (better, more predictable/reliable speeds and ping etc) everything was looking great at first. I was getting better download speeds but still not close to what I pay for, upload speeds have gotten worse. less than half what it should be, not sure if this is due to the modem or just plain rogers buffoonery. Pings were improved but sadly the wifi signal is weak compared to my last modem. I can't get any connection to the rooms furthest from the modem on the second floor and this wasn't a problem with my last modem... Does the trial firmware address this issue? I was told this new modem (CODA-4582) was suppose to be superior to the last, is there a setting I could change to improve this or is the predecessor really better in terms of wifi signal strength.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

Hi Silence, can you log into the modem (192.168.0.1) and confirm the software version of the modem? It should be on 2.0.10.24, as it is the network wide version.

To improve your WiFi range, nativate to WIRELESS, and under Basic Settings there should be a 5G tab. Open it up and you should see "Wireless Channel." It should say something like (Auto 44). Click on it and select 149-153-157-161. These channels use stronger transmitting power on the 5G band which extends the range of the 5G band, and should resolve your WiFi range issue.

In terms of your download speeds, can you please navigate STATUS, and navigate to DOCSIS WAN. Your downstream Signal Strengths should be between -10 and +10. If you have a downstream signal strength of -10 or below, and +10 and above, I would reccomend calling Rogers and book a technician to come over to your place and clear up any signal strength issues.

In regards to your upload speeds, you can also check your upstream Signal Strength by scrolling down to "Upstream Overview." Your upload signal strength should be above 28.

As always you can call Rogers or speak to them VIA live chat to have them run a line test to see if the signal levels and everything else is alright.

P.S: There is no new trial firmware for the CODA-4582; version 2.0.10.24 is the current trial firmware, but was deployed network-wide so everyone has it.