Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

RyzenFX

@tjmd wrote:

So now that i've got my 2dot modem with .24 up and running i'm noticing the same issue where the speed slows down over time and requires me to reboot the modem.  Is this common, or should I try to replace it yet again.  While gaming i noticed severe ping spikes last night that seem to resolve themselves, but when playing an FPS online, moments of lag can really ruin your experience.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Prior to rebooting my modem just now my speed was down to about 100mbps on rogers speedcheck, i could not even get a test to get started on speedtest.net

Thanks!

Tom

Interesting. I'm assuming you rebooted the modem after being updated to .24? If not, do that as soon as you can. Regarding the speed slowdown, does it go down to 1-2Mbps?

Also, if you don't mind, it would be great if you can log into your modem, under STATUS navigate to DOCSIS WAN, and copy and post your Downstream, OFDM Downstream, and Upstream stats.

kozhitnrun
I plan to stick around
I did notice a drastic slow down on down and up speeds when playing fps on pc .i was able to gain lost fps by shutting the dam ubi app off and closing steam while i played.also is your gaming machine set as priority 1.cause if your gaming and there 9 devices online as well youll get lag and slow speeds

RyzenFX

I don't really notice any speed slow downs because I'm connected to the modem VIA ethernet. Are you connected through WiFi, if so, are you connected to the 5G band? 

kozhitnrun
I plan to stick around
All gaming stuff is wired.everything else is on 5g 2.4g

RyzenFX

Can you log into your modem, under STATUS navigate to DOCSIS WAN, and copy and post your Downstream, OFDM Downstream, and Upstream stats. It should give me a good idea what's causing the issue.

tjmd
I'm here a lot
I just turned it into bridge mode (well I tried and the couldn't access the internet at all after so had tech support fix for me - somehow it messed up my provisioning on the server end?).
I was using a router off of port 2 so maybe that was causing issues? I did have my PC wired into port 1 (before I turned to bridge mode). Anyway thanks for the help! I guess I'll see how this goes.

tyreman
I plan to stick around

Have IPV6 now and good signals but no DOCSIS 3.1 showing up yet.

On original modem no black dots and in bridge mode with 68U Asus router

Am In Cambridge area is that why DOCSIS 3.1 not here, enabled yet?

Thanks much in advance

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@tyreman wrote:

Have IPV6 now and good signals but no DOCSIS 3.1 showing up yet.

On original modem no black dots and in bridge mode with 68U Asus router

Am In Cambridge area is that why DOCSIS 3.1 not here, enabled yet?

Thanks much in advance

Most areas will be upgraded to DOCSIS 3.1 within a few weeks. There is no fixed schedule and where you live doesn't matter either, it's based on how many subscribers are running the new CODA Modem on that CMTS.

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

With all the Modem issues.... we all should know the various reset options. However, this may help those still unsure:Modem or Router Reset_Page_4.jpg 

tyreman
I plan to stick around

Thank you sir!

joepeps
I've been here awhile

what speed should i expect on wifi? I swear I was getting atleast 300-700 on the black gigabit modem

on this new white wifi modem I get 60-200

rogers says this is normal?

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

@tyreman wrote:

Thank you sir!

You're welcome. Also don't forget, if you have a splitter and amp inside your house....and it shows a VOIP out line.....do Connect your Modem cable to it. The Intek guy who installed mine....didn't know and connected the modem to an amplified Cable out port. It works but can/will cause Packet (data) loss.....so just FYI. IMG_1434.JPG 

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@joepeps

@joepeps wrote:

what speed should i expect on wifi? I swear I was getting atleast 300-700 on the black gigabit modem

on this new white wifi modem I get 60-200

rogers says this is normal?

WiFi is VERY unpredictable. If you used the exact same settings as your old black gigabit modem then you should be getting roughly the same speeds. For me, my speeds both wired and using WiFi stayed exactly the same when I exchanged my black gigabit modem for the new white CODA. This is because I used the exact same settings and set the modem up in the same spot. 

SolidWill
I've been around

There should be some option on the modem to set the time to upgarde the firmware. I've upgraded the firmware twice recently and both times I was doing stuff when it started the upgrade. Really annoying.

Dlucas905
I plan to stick around

Just a quick question, does the New CODA-4582 modem/router allow DNS Port-Forwarding?  The previous modem did not.

Thanks,

Derek

Dlucas905
I plan to stick around
Basically, is it DD-WRT compatible...

@Dlucas905 wrote:
Basically, is it DD-WRT compatible...

@Dlucas905

No ISP Provided Gateway supports DD-WRT Firmware, however you can put the Gateway into Bridge Mode and use a third party router with DD-WRT.

tester2013
I plan to stick around

I am using the 4582 for my wireless. How do you increase the speed if possible. Im on my 2011 MacBook Pro about 20 feet away from the modem. There is a wal. On 5Ghz network I am getting about 150 mbps down..any way to make this number better?

@tester2013 make sure to use WPA2 for security, with AES Encryption. Also set the Channel to 149 or higher.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

@tester2013

If this is the spec of your Macbook Pro, your network card is only 2.4 Ghz:

https://support.apple.com/kb/sp619?locale=en_US

Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible

The speed you are getting now is as good as it gets with the existing network card.  This link from Apple could help you out as it talks about the issue you have:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7418648?start=0&tstart=0

You could check with the local Apple store to see what they suggest.  Alternatively, you can check out the local Best Buy or Computer store to see what the options are.  Keep in mind that most external USB based WiFi cards are USB 3.0 and your system has USB 2.0 which will slow down the speeds.  You would be better off looking at FireWire 800 or Thunderbolt WiFi cards but they won't be very cheap (welcome to the Apple world). 

Depending on how you use the Macbook Pro, you could go with a Powerline connection and plug one of them close to the router and one where you usually sit and use the 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector) that you have to get the max speed.  It is not elegant, but it will give you better speeds.  The key is to get a GOOD powerline adapter and this link will help you with what you should get:

https://www.cnet.com/topics/networking/best-networking-devices/power-line-adapters/

tester2013
I plan to stick around