Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@Japetto wrote:
How do I put this in bridge mode?

Once you put it in to bridge mode, this screen will cease to work after the restart, the only way to get back to it is to reset your modem back to factory so if you have settings that are setup on the modem, you may want to back them up before starting this process.

I'm Here A Lot

I tried putting this router/modem into bridge mode to use another router but once I disable the Residential Gateway Function the 3rd party router no longer has access to the internet.

Anyone able to successfully but this model in bridge mode and use their own router?
I Plan to Stick Around

@dirtydenim86 wrote:
I tried putting this router/modem into bridge mode to use another router but once I disable the Residential Gateway Function the 3rd party router no longer has access to the internet.

Anyone able to successfully but this model in bridge mode and use their own router?

I personally haven't since the release of this modem which is a shame since it worked previously on the 3552 modem.  I have put in a request for with support to put this bug in for the new 4582 modem seeing as I was not the only one having this same issue.  

I now have a $400 paperweight which I can't use @RogersDave

I Plan to Stick Around

@markopas you can still access the modem after it has been put into bridge mode with the IP of 192.168.100.1.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Do you experience the same symptoms as me when enabling bridge mode? Where the rogers modem doesn't send the internet to your 3rd party router?
I Plan to Stick Around

@dirtydenim86I do not see those same symptoms. What port are you plugging into on the modem? What type of Router are you using? Do you have the router set to the correct settings for obtaining an IP address?

I'm Here A Lot

when it's bridged I am using port 1 on the rogers mode/router and connecting it to the internet port on my d link router. I am using the dlink DIR-880L.
I Plan to Stick Around

@dirtydenim86 wrote:
when it's bridged I am using port 1 on the rogers mode/router and connecting it to the internet port on my d link router. I am using the dlink DIR-880L.

I have the DIR-895L and have the same issue.  I wonder if Hitron has issues with D-Link routers in general.

@Hybrid_Noodle wrote:
you can still access the modem after it has been put into bridge mode with the IP of 192.168.100.1.

Thanks for the tip, good to know.

I Plan to Stick Around

@dirtydenim86 wrote:

I have the same issue. I exchanged my modem yesterday, once I put the CODA in bridge mode my router (TP-Link Archer AC2600) cannot get an IP address from Roger's DHCP server thus no internet connection. My router had no problem with the previous modem.

Anyone experience the same and exchange the modem again?

I Plan to Stick Around

@14N wrote:

@dirtydenim86 wrote:

I have the same issue. I exchanged my modem yesterday, once I put the CODA in bridge mode my router (TP-Link Archer AC2600) cannot get an IP address from Roger's DHCP server thus no internet connection. My router had no problem with the previous modem.

Anyone experience the same and exchange the modem again?

I exchanged the modem twice just in case if it was hardware issue, same both times.

Try the other three ports on the back and see if that makes a difference.