Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Have been running mine and seeing mixed speed test, I'm no where near the 800 - 900 mark when I had my existing modem but running around 600 or less now. I'll just tough it out and hope it gets better. But at least got it wall mounted 

20161217_175133[1]-min (1).jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

marco5566 wrote:

Spent over an hour with support for the same issue guys my port reverts to 100 from 1Gb, had my router in bridge mode if that helps. Support put router back in noraml mode and when the modem comes online after setup it changes your pc settings to 100 from 1GB.

Support was clueless about the problem and wanted me to exchange the modem.

I told support to escalate to engineer Team as this is not a hardware issue.

Rogers inform your staff about these forums so they dont waste customer time on the phone and exchanging hardware when the issues is software.

Are you also running the bundled Rogers Cat5E cable?

I remember back when the CGN3 launched, it felt ... sensitive... to cables. I am kinda wondering if maybe this thing is even more sensitive. Do you have anything fancier, e.g. Cat 6, around to test with?

(I am trying to understand why so many people are having problems while mine seems fine... and one thing I do note is that mine is using a new, short (2-3ft), coloured Monoprice Cat6 cable.)

(Yes, there would be something rather ironic if the gateway turned out to be allergic to the bundled Rogers cable...)

I Plan to Stick Around

VivienM wrote:

marco5566 wrote:

Spent over an hour with support for the same issue guys my port reverts to 100 from 1Gb, had my router in bridge mode if that helps. Support put router back in noraml mode and when the modem comes online after setup it changes your pc settings to 100 from 1GB.

Rogers inform your staff about these forums so they dont waste customer time on the phone and exchanging hardware when the issues is software.

I remember back when the CGN3 launched, it felt ... sensitive... to cables. I am kinda wondering if maybe this thing is even more sensitive. Do you have anything fancier, e.g. Cat 6, around to test with?

(I am trying to understand why so many people are having problems while mine seems fine... and one thing I do note is that mine is using a new, short (2-3ft), coloured Monoprice Cat6 cable.)

(Yes, there would be something rather ironic if the gateway turned out to be allergic to the bundled Rogers cable...)

As a rule of thumb I never used bundled cables, they are all junk and some are copper clad ferris metal, they even sick to a magnet lol 

I Plan to Stick Around

VivienM wrote:

marco5566 wrote:

Im using the same cable you are (monoprice).  My speeds are under 400/12 consistently.

I'm Here A Lot

I've changed cables no help, I put the modem back into bridge mode and now the ports at 1gb speed but my overall internet speed is slower then before stuck around 400mb. I will monitor this to see if my ports go back into 100mb, rogers needs to fix these issues before making these modems available to customers.

Poor part on Rogers like always.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

marco5566 wrote:

I've changed cables no help, I put the modem back into bridge mode and now the ports at 1gb speed but my overall internet speed is slower then before stuck around 400mb. I will monitor this to see if my ports go back into 100mb, rogers needs to fix these issues before making these modems available to customers.

Poor part on Rogers like always.

I suspect deployment of this thing was a little rushed because of the CGN3/Puma6/etc latency issues... but... 

This thing does seem to work just fine for some people (myself included, but I'm on the 250 plan). The best thing we can do is try to isolate for @RogersDave what's different about the people who are having problems... 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

How do we disable the WMM(QOS) settings as it does not appear we can turn it off.  This alone would cause bottleneck issues.  I always turn this stuff off.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am getting unsually inconsistent and high PING since I installed the new modem Rogers today.

With the previous modem, I would constantly hit 800+ Mbps and less that 15ms PING.

With the new one I get 10Mbps to 500Mbps with too much variation to the lower end. Also, I get 20ms couple of times and then 70ms+. This is all wired.

It is even worse on WIFI. I get 350ms+ PING. I have 2 computers set up wired. But I have plenty other devices like tablets and laptop wirelessly connected. It is impossible to open pages sometimes. Just keeps on 'connecting' with white blank.

With the new modem, I have noticed somthing different when testing the internet speed. During the speed the test gets stuck for 2-3 seconds (or more) for 5 or 6 times. I have never noticed this weird phenomena before. Even when loading pages: one moment it is stuck and does nothing, and next minute its just loads fast.

I have a tech coming from Rogers coming this Monday. I just wish I knew what is going on here beforehand. May be I could fix the issue myself if the issue is not big of a deal?

I've Been Here Awhile

Can ipv6 be disabled on this modem ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hukumuzuku wrote:

Can ipv6 be disabled on this modem ?

IPv6 is disabled on this modem until January... 

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.