Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

It was posted somewhere on this forum

RyzenFX

From what I heard previously, RogersDave did mention that he wanted to push a firmware update before the holidays, but I am not completly sure what the fixes are. I do however, know for sure that there are improvements coming for the 5GHz band.

14N
I plan to stick around
I was on bridge mode on the previous modem, I just exchanged my modem with the new one, CODA. When I put it in bridge mode, there is no internet with my router. Rebooted modem and my router several times but still no internet connection. Any idea what is the problem?

Murky1
I've been around

hi all,

I've tried, but is it possible to have the same ssid for 2.4 and 5g? I keep getting repeated ssid name is invalid.

Also, haven't gone past 100mbs yes, using a Rogers speedtest, just installed the modem however.

Thanks!

Double_K

@14N wrote:
I was on bridge mode on the previous modem, I just exchanged my modem with the new one, CODA. When I put it in bridge mode, there is no internet with my router. Rebooted modem and my router several times but still no internet connection. Any idea what is the problem?

@14N - Sounds like a provisioning problem.  edit: Have you tried Gateway mode?

Maybe the store agent didn't provision it properly.  @buttman just went through this.  Try taking it back to the store to get re-provisioned.

Double_K

@Murky1 wrote:

hi all,

I've tried, but is it possible to have the same ssid for 2.4 and 5g? I keep getting repeated ssid name is invalid.

Also, haven't gone past 100mbs yes, using a Rogers speedtest, just installed the modem however.

Thanks!

@Murky1

Technically, yes it is possible - the hardware supports Band Steering per the datasheet.

Don't know if the firmware supports Band Steering or not - which may be the issue you're running into.  Hopefully another member can confirm if they've tested yet (I run in bridge mode, so don't use the wireless in the gateway).

For the 100Mbps speed limit, that's a known issue per the firmware thread - potentially with port 1 at least.  Try another port on the modem.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/384...

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@lethalsniper wrote:
So tomorrow is the big day new firmware ! Dec 22

Where is the proof please? Link to the post?

14N
I plan to stick around

@Double_K wrote:

@14N wrote:

Maybe the store agent didn't provision it properly.  @buttman just went through this.  Try taking it back to the store to get re-provisioned.

@Double_K What does provisioning mean? I have an internet if not in bridge mode but none if in bridge mode. I was in bridge mode with my previous modem. I was expecting after setting up the new modem and put it in bridge mode, my router should have no issue

Double_K

@14N wrote:

@Double_K wrote:

@14N wrote:

@Double_K What does provisioning mean? I have an internet if not in bridge mode but none if in bridge mode. I was in bridge mode with my previous modem. I was expecting after setting up the new modem and put it in bridge mode, my router should have no issue

@14N Provisioning as in the Rogers backend computer system being setup with your new modem's MAC address to replace your old modem's MAC address on the Rogers network.

So, to confirm, you have internet access if you're in Gateway mode, but not in Bridge mode.  That is very odd.  Probably have to call Tech Support to have them diagnose.

14N
I plan to stick around

@jjunge wrote:

Interesting the so many can run the CODA-4582 in bridge mode. I tried several times and my router will not get an IP from the CODA. I called tech support who consulted with a Level 2 tech and was advised there is a known issue with the new modem that is causing the LAN ports to shut off when the modem is bridged. I'm back to running it in gateway mode. Anyone else had this problem?

@@jjunge were you able to fix this? I have the same problem, my router could not get IP from the modem, no internet, when the modem is in bridge mode

2.0.10.14 was just pushed to mine.  Only noticed because my modem suddenly rebooted 

Wish there was a change log.

BigMac9000
I'm here a lot

I also just got .14 firmware pushed to my modem and I would also be very curious to know the change logs.

but anyways, @Datalink once mentioned that he does a factory reset after each firmware push.  So I just did a factory reset and put my modem in bridge modem again. I don't see anything visually new in the modem's internal menu.  I also never wrote down my signals, so I can't compare changes. 

I did some speed tests with the new firmware. I never had the problems that a lot of people here are having with the CODA.  I'm on 250u plan, and my speed tests have been a consistent 330 down/ 22 up/ 30 latency/ 2 jitter, and after this firmware push, those speed tests remain about the same. 

one very minor thing, and I'm sure that was already mentioned, but I don't see a "time setting" when the modem is put into bridge mode.  I don't know if this is intentional, but it would be nice to see events recorded correctly and not have to -5 hours on the event page.

Keep an eye out for updates to the second post in the following thread to see what has changed in the newly released firmware versions:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

longhau
I've been here awhile

I was playing a round of CSGO with my work mates and four of us got thrown back to desktop at roughly 12:00AM. 

Checked my status page and am still on v.13 - Did something simiular happen to anyone else?

No word of a lie, we lost that game 16-14. The four of us all upgraded to Gigabit at the same time. Three of us have the 4582 and our other mate is on the 3552. The feels....

Rebooted router, Factory reset, only using port 4 and disabled all wireless bands on modem. Tried everything. Been this way for the past six days for me. 

Big8D
I plan to stick around

This thing has a lot of trouble.

Getting this error, anyone knows what's it mean?

criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersDave

Hello, I just received my new CODA-4582

Firmware is: 2.0.10.13

Can I have .14 pushed to my modem please? 🙂

I will start to run tests as soon as I am on .14

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

I just received my firmware update on .14 now thank you Dave!

slakster
I've been here awhile

Does this modem allow google chromecast to work. I have the older modem with .21 update, but chromecast doesn't work. Wanted to know if it was worth the upgrade. Thank you

Japetto
I plan to stick around
How do I put this in bridge mode?

jjunge
I plan to stick around
Please push .14 to me as well

AaronMT
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave

Hello,

I too would like to have .14 pushed to my CODA 4582. Not sure if this an opt-in firmware for the time being or a staged rollout. I would be happy to test .14.

My Gigabit down speeds have thus far only reached the ~600Mbps range, and am hoping for any kind of fix.