Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coder_1990
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Did you try another browser? Or does your browser need an update? I'm using Google Chrome, I was getting the same reduced speeds until I updated the browser after getting the .23 fw update.
Double_K
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@hardretro wrote:

@Double_K The appointment was bumped to tomorrow morning due to a change of schedule. Hope he can make sense of it as I haven't had an explaination elsewhere.

@hardretro When I had issues in October, ironically it was the tv tech who helped improve my signalling issues after having multiple internet techs visit.  

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

@coder_1990 wrote:
Did you try another browser? Or does your browser need an update? I'm using Google Chrome, I was getting the same reduced speeds until I updated the browser after getting the .23 fw update.

yes my chrome is updated .. everything was fine until .20 got pushed to my modem 😞

Called rogers tech support and they said .19 is the production safe version and anything else is beta and they tried pushing me .19. I think i was part of the beta and i got again upgraded to .23 

My download speed test results are locked at 400mbps for some reason .. Can anyone help pls ?

Also how to find out that i am on DOCSIS 3.1 version ? My download and upload icons are blue ... 

yyzsam
I Plan to Stick Around

Up & Down light will be the same Blue for D3. If the Down light is a lighter Blue then it's 3.1

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

@effff wrote:

Up & Down light will be the same Blue for D3. If the Down light is a lighter Blue then it's 3.1

Thanks .. is there any other method to find if i am on D3.1 ? 

DaveFro
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mayoo wrote:

@effff wrote:

Thanks .. is there any other method to find if i am on D3.1 ? 

On your modem signals, if the section below for either receiver has anything other than NA as a value for FFT, then you are on 3.1

ScreenShot3.jpg

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For Docsis 3.1 on the modem, if it is up and running, the Downstream LED at the front of the modem will be cyan in colour, the Upstream LED will be blue.  In the modem's STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page, the OFDM Downstream section will indicate one, or two channels up and running, most likely one at this point.  If both channels indicate "No", then Docsis 3.1 is not running on your modem. 

fearless90
I Plan to Stick Around

So it has been couple of days with the .23 revision and I still get the mdd timeouts pretty often. @RogersDave can you help?
Windwalker
I Plan to Stick Around

@Double_K  - What did the TV tech determine was your problem?

Double_K
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Windwalker wrote:

@Double_K  - What did the TV tech determine was your problem?

1st Internet Techs (there was 2 of them) - replaced modem

2nd Internet Tech - added -6dB filter to back of modem

3rd Internet Tech - replaced grounding connector outside and change ends of cable at tap, ground, and wire into house

Internet Telephone Support - replaced modem again at local store

1st TV tech - was here to fix an older 4250HD STB not re-authorizing on the cable.  After fixing that by replacing the ends on the cable, instead of calling it done, he then proceeded to test the whole house - "Hey, your signal levels are really high - are you having issues with your Nextbox 3.0?"  Which was "yes, and our internet"...

When I showed him what was wrong, he went into action.

He took me through all of his testing, showing me the signal levels at the tap, at the ground, at the wire into the house, at the modem, at the TV STB.  Said that my line had an incredibly strong signal.  He swapped out splitters, removing the -6dB filter from the back of the modem (which was causing upstream signal to spike, and T3 timeouts), getting me down to -7dB on the first splitter into the modem, and -10.5 dB into the STBs.

By reducing the connections between the modem & the tap, using 1 signal reducer / splitter, it fixed my upstream, which fixed my disconnects (still have T3 timeouts, but no disconnects since switching to the new CODA modem).