Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@mahomed wrote:

Hello @RogersDave and others

Could someone please tell me what the fastest speed the Rogers Coda modem supports for wifi? I need to get a USB 3.0 wifi card and wanted to know what speed to get.

Also, any recommendations for a wifi card would be appreciated. I currently have this one and want to upgrade it: https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-AE3000/

If your budget allows, I would suggest you look for something 3-stream, like the Asus USB-AC68.

I can't remember if the CODA will do 3-stream, but even if it can't, the higher-end equipment with more antennas, etc. will probably perform better...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mahomed

@mahomed wrote:

Hello @RogersDave and others

Could someone please tell me what the fastest speed the Rogers Coda modem supports for wifi? I need to get a USB 3.0 wifi card and wanted to know what speed to get.

Also, any recommendations for a wifi card would be appreciated. I currently have this one and want to upgrade it: https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-AE3000/

Thank you

AC1300 is the fastest speed. Get a 3X3 AC device and you'll be good.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks for the info everyone.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Datalink

Sorry for not responding, things got busy and didn't get a chance to test 😞 You are understanding my speeds correctly, I think I'll send off an email to Actiontec to see what they say about having 2 adapters connected.

I have a bigger problem though... I'm getting 4-500 down and ~5 up right now, MoCA disabled, connected directly to modem. I even just swapped my modem (so now running .27 firmware) and getting the same speeds 😞

Are you in Toronto? Maybe I can lend you the adapters to test for a couple weeks or something. Shoot me a PM 

@RogersDave I'll send a PM to the Rogers team to readd my "new" modem, do you have any idea why I'm seeing such poor speeds though?

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersDave any ETA for when 4+TB NTFS USB3.0 drives will be supported on the USB port?

Even a 500MB NTFS USB2.0 thumb drive is not being recognized, so looks like NTFS support is still lacking.

I've only managed to get smaller FAT32 USB2.0 drives to work so far with 20+ variations I've tried...

I'm running .27 firmware and the "USB Storage" functionality appears under the Admin tab.

(Yes, I've changed the default gateway from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 - just a personal preference)

coda usb testing001.jpg

I'm an Advisor

@ep7 wrote:

@RogersDave any ETA for when 4+TB NTFS USB3.0 drives will be supported on the USB port?

Even a 500MB NTFS USB2.0 thumb drive is not being recognized, so looks like NTFS support is still lacking.

I've only managed to get smaller FAT32 USB2.0 drives to work so far with 20+ variations I've tried...

I'm running .27 firmware and the "USB Storage" functionality appears under the Admin tab.

Why would you WANT to run NTFS on a Hitron gateway?!

NTFS is a complicated, complicated beast. I'm not sure where the Linux community is at in terms of having a stable read-write-capable NTFS driver; I think they finally got one working a few years ago after over a decade of work. Apple does not include write-capable NTFS support in OS X, so they clearly don't want to touch it for some reason (you can get commercial, third-party NTFS drivers for OS X). And these are developers with a much better record of quality code than Hitron's gateways...

I guess the bottom line is - I don't understand why you'd ever want to trust data to a non-MS NTFS implementation. I see the risk of data loss as being too high.

Are the Hitron gateways Linux-based? If yes, I wonder whether a ext4 drive would work?

I've Been Here Awhile

ytwytw9, I have this same issue where the modem suddenly stops handing out IP4 addresses.  Sometimes I can go for a full week no issue, other times only a few hours.  Only fix is a factory reset.  My modem is operating in gateway mode.  Did you ever find a fix for it?  Forcing one of the devices to hard code an IP4 address only fixes it on that device.  I don't have any other devices running DHCP.

I Plan to Stick Around

Would like to know the same as a previous poster: how do I update my software version? What is the trials program and how do I join it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The trial program will install beta firmware on the modem. To join the program send a PM to @CommunityHelps with the subject Coda firmware trial. Include your Rogers account number, modem serial number, and modem mac address. You can find the last two when you log in to the modem.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, I was able to join the trial program but my router has not received a new firmware/software version yet. I have hard rebooted the device by unplugging the power for 10 seconds, and also hard reset to factory default by pushing the reset button on the back for 10 seconds. Is there anything else I should try?