Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Windwalker
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 37

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@Double_K wrote:

@Windwalker wrote:

@Double_K  - What did the TV tech determine was your problem?


1st Internet Techs (there was 2 of them) - replaced modem

2nd Internet Tech - added -6dB filter to back of modem

3rd Internet Tech - replaced grounding connector outside and change ends of cable at tap, ground, and wire into house

Internet Telephone Support - replaced modem again at local store

 

1st TV tech - was here to fix an older 4250HD STB not re-authorizing on the cable.  After fixing that by replacing the ends on the cable, instead of calling it done, he then proceeded to test the whole house - "Hey, your signal levels are really high - are you having issues with your Nextbox 3.0?"  Which was "yes, and our internet"...

When I showed him what was wrong, he went into action.

He took me through all of his testing, showing me the signal levels at the tap, at the ground, at the wire into the house, at the modem, at the TV STB.  Said that my line had an incredibly strong signal.  He swapped out splitters, removing the -6dB filter from the back of the modem (which was causing upstream signal to spike, and T3 timeouts), getting me down to -7dB on the first splitter into the modem, and -10.5 dB into the STBs.

By reducing the connections between the modem & the tap, using 1 signal reducer / splitter, it fixed my upstream, which fixed my disconnects (still have T3 timeouts, but no disconnects since switching to the new CODA modem).


@Double_K  -  Thanks for the detailed reply!  It's amazing how many things can affect the signal and unless you have a knowledgeable tech, the issue won't be resolved.  Seems like the CODAs are very sensitive to off spec signal.

I need to get a tech in to check my lines.  Fingers crossed.

I'm still amazed that after all this time a lot of us are still having issues with the modem and network.

By the way how is your modem performing now?

 

prateeck7
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 85

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

hmmm...So Rogers lied to me when I called in to check 'if my area was Docsis 3.1 enabled?'

 

My modem doesn't have purple light on and 'OFDM Downstream Overview' is Na/Na and No/No.

Shame.

 

Edit1 : Anybody here is Scarborough area with Docsis 3.1 enabled?

 

Edit2: Nevermind. Is Docsis 3.1 enable or not for me?

 

OFDM Downstream Overview
ReceiverFFT typeSubcarr 0 Frequency(MHz)PLC lockedNCP lockedMDC1 lockedPLC power(dBmv)
0NANANONONONA
1NANANONONONA
Upstream Overview
Port IDFrequency (MHz)ModulationSignal strength (dBmV)Channel IDBandwidth
123700000ATDMA - 64QAM31.00026400000
238596000ATDMA - 64QAM38.50033200000
330596000ATDMA - 64QAM31.25016400000
OFDM/OFDMA Overview
Channel IndexStatelin Digital AttDigital AttBW (sc's*fft)Report PowerReport Power1_6FFT Size
0DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K
1DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K
Windwalker
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 37

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@prateeck7 wrote:

hmmm...So Rogers lied to me when I called in to check 'if my area was Docsis 3.1 enabled?'

 

My modem doesn't have purple light on and 'OFDM Downstream Overview' is Na/Na and No/No.

Shame.

 

Edit1 : Anybody here is Scarborough area with Docsis 3.1 enabled?

 

Edit2: Nevermind. Is Docsis 3.1 enable or not for me?

 

OFDM Downstream Overview
ReceiverFFT typeSubcarr 0 Frequency(MHz)PLC lockedNCP lockedMDC1 lockedPLC power(dBmv)
0NANANONONONA
1NANANONONONA
Upstream Overview
Port IDFrequency (MHz)ModulationSignal strength (dBmV)Channel IDBandwidth
123700000ATDMA - 64QAM31.00026400000
238596000ATDMA - 64QAM38.50033200000
330596000ATDMA - 64QAM31.25016400000
OFDM/OFDMA Overview
Channel IndexStatelin Digital AttDigital AttBW (sc's*fft)Report PowerReport Power1_6FFT Size
0DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K
1DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K

@prateeck7- I'm in the Pharmacy and Eglinton area.  This is what you would see if 3.1 is enabled.  And my download light is a lighter blue.

 

OFDM Downstream Overview

ReceiverFFT typeSubcarr 0 Frequency(MHz)PLC lockedNCP lockedMDC1 lockedPLC power(dBmv)
04K275600000YESYESYES5.800003
1NANANONONONA
prateeck7
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 85

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@Windwalker

Yep, Rogers agents definitely lied to me on two seperate occasions then.

I hear Rogers will roll full Docsis 3.1 by the end of February. But, I don't trust them. Probably, will take 1 more year to implement in my area if I am lucky. I live at Markham-Sheppard area.

 

Thank god this community exists that I now know how I am being duped.

 

 

Double_K
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 146

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@Windwalker

My modem is great now.  I'm on the original launch white CODA-4582, in bridge mode, getting 130+/10+ on a 100u package.  I don't get any disconnects.

Have no idea what I would get if I was on the Gigabit plan - but I haven't found a need for that kind of speed yet.  We consumed over 1.6TB - yes terabytes - of video streaming, games, voice over IP, and regular data on multiple devices last month, and didn't have any issues with insufficient bandwidth or latency or jitter.

 

prateeck7
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 85

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Anybody know if there is a map or something to see Docsis 3.1 enabled area. I would like to see it if area close to me are on it in the hopes it might just get to me sooner than later. I am 14km away from @Windwalker's docsis 3.1 enabled area.

gp-se
I'm an Advisor
Posts: 1,145

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@prateeck7 wrote:

Anybody know if there is a map or something to see Docsis 3.1 enabled area. I would like to see it if area close to me are on it in the hopes it might just get to me sooner than later. I am 14km away from @Windwalker's docsis 3.1 enabled area.


No Map, but the rollout is happening at a very fast pace, it shouldn't be longer than a month or two for most areas to be DOCSIS 3.1

RyzenFX
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 590

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@gp-se wrote:

@prateeck7 wrote:

Anybody know if there is a map or something to see Docsis 3.1 enabled area. I would like to see it if area close to me are on it in the hopes it might just get to me sooner than later. I am 14km away from @Windwalker's docsis 3.1 enabled area.


No Map, but the rollout is happening at a very fast pace, it shouldn't be longer than a month or two for most areas to be DOCSIS 3.1


Spoke to a rep yesterday about DOCSIS 3.1, and he said that they are targeting to have the rollout completed by the end of Q1. This means that the rollout will pretty much completed by March 31st.

gp-se
I'm an Advisor
Posts: 1,145

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@RyzenFX wrote:

@gp-se wrote:

@prateeck7 wrote:

Anybody know if there is a map or something to see Docsis 3.1 enabled area. I would like to see it if area close to me are on it in the hopes it might just get to me sooner than later. I am 14km away from @Windwalker's docsis 3.1 enabled area.


No Map, but the rollout is happening at a very fast pace, it shouldn't be longer than a month or two for most areas to be DOCSIS 3.1


Spoke to a rep yesterday about DOCSIS 3.1, and he said that they are argeting to have the rollout completed by the end of Q1. This means that the rollout will pretty much completed by March 31st.


That's the time frame I was thinking, because the hardware is already in place, it's just a configuration change to the CMTS to enable it. However the more Hitron CODA modems on the CMTS the faster they will deploy 3.1, because using 3.1 takes channels away from 3.0

 

tyreman
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 40

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Is the a list of fixes and or changes for FW .23?

Thanx in advance