Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@Double_K wrote:

@markopas wrote:

Sorry, but that makes no sense.  I've had 5 devices plugged in to the cable modem for testing purposes when I initially had the issue of my 3552 modem not surpassing the 250Mbps threshold.  At that time, my 3552 modem was giving out IP's on bridged mode to my router without issue.

I also had a Rogers service tech come out to check the lines to do tests on the line with another Rogers rep testing out on the back end the speeds and other troubleshooting to figure out what's going on until he told me that they were coming out with a new modem and just sit patiently until it's available after the New Year.  Luckily the email came out last week and picked up the modem right away which fixed my speed issue.

Like I said, I dont think Rogers DHCP servers care, at the end of the day and think this is a firmware bug of sorts because if the 4582 modem can give out IP's when in gateway modem (because it's using its own DHCP to hand out IP's then why would it be any different to hand out my router an IP in bridged mode.

My apologies.  Personally, I have never seen a modem give out IP addresses in bridge mode, so I'm surprised to hear that the 3552 could do that.  My understanding of bridge mode is that the device is only acting as a modem, and not a DHCP server.  I have the 4582 operating in bridge mode, and it is not giving my router/firewall an IP address.  My router/firewall gets its IP address from the Rogers DHCP server.

What I was referring to in my post was that when the modem was in bridge mode that you would be getting an IP from the Rogers DHCP server - there are four ports on the back of the modem, you can plug in multiple devices and see out of the four, how many IP's the Rogers DHCP server is handing out.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

They should be able to clear the ARP table to get you to get another ip. We used to do that a decade ago lol

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With a modem running in Bridge mode, you can expect to see 2 x IPV4 addresses and an unlimited number of IPV6 addresses. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so did the test, no matter what I do it shows 100mbps. I've been getting really terrible speeds on wired.

Firmware: 2.0.10.13

Wifi speeds: Max out at 50mbps on 2.4ghz (G/N mixed), 150mbps (b/g/n)? and 250mbps on 5ghz (a/n/ac)

Why is this modem so squirrely?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Abspatel Looks like Ethernet Port 1 & the 2.4GHz wireless might have issues - correlating with your testing with auto-negotiation failing & defaulting to 100Mb.  Please see this post in the firmware thread;

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/384...

I Plan to Stick Around

Is the fact that we are told to use port 1 on the modem set by the firmware? The reason why I ask is I have tested all my ports and never found a difference in the ports - they all acted the same.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had this exact same issue yesterday. I ended up installing DD-WRT on my DIR-895L to resolve this.

I Plan to Stick Around

@paulj wrote:

I had this exact same issue yesterday. I ended up installing DD-WRT on my DIR-895L to resolve this.

That's fantastic news - I was reading up on the DD-WRT firmware but didn't know if I wanted to go that route.   It still doesnt make sense on why the modem refuses to hand out an IP in bridged mode.  It can't be the D-LINK router because I had no issue with my previous gigabit modem.

I Plan to Stick Around

Quick question, how do you set this modem to the bridge mode?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Big8D wrote:

Quick question, how do you set this modem to the bridge mode?

Once you have logged in to the modem by connecting to the default gateway (usually it's 192.168.0.1), you will enter the username of cusadmin and then the password which with the new modems after processing the easyconnect setup right from the start the wifi password you create will be your password for the cusadmin account.

Then go to the basic menu option up top, the window will switch and you will see Residential Gateway is enabled, set it to disabled and follow the on-screen prompts and it should restart - takes about 3-7mins to complete.

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.