FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

hiho wrote:

k did the factory reset now showing 2 ip addys :-) went and tested on

http://ipv6-test.com/  all seems ok i passed both 4 and 6

however i do see this one little thing that i think should show something?

hostname =  none

when all is said and done what should i expect from doing this firmware upgrade :-)

See here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/331...

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I Plan to Stick Around

is there another link that i could use cause all that one does is go to a page and says:   Your request is currently being processed..

and does nothing

I Plan to Stick Around

hiho wrote:

is there another link that i could use cause all that one does is go to a page and says:   Your request is currently being processed..

and does nothing

This is another good one: http://speedtest.xfinity.com/

2016-06-01_19-10-29.png

I Plan to Stick Around

On bridge mode here all good to date so far.

I Plan to Stick Around

when i do the test it only shows the ipv4 

I Plan to Stick Around

hiho wrote:

when i do the test it only shows the ipv4 

Do you live in the same area? http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/332...

Daniel 

I Plan to Stick Around

this new thing is a nightmare now when i do the test it fails the ip6 part of it

i am in TO and the closet server for testing is Boston

I Plan to Stick Around

hiho wrote:

this new thing is a nightmare now when i do the test it fails the ip6 part of it

i am in TO and the closet server for testing is Boston

That's why it's: Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial issues will come up.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

When this update comes out, I'm mainly concerned for people playing video games, because after doing some research, I found out that the majority of modern games don't support IPv6 yet. A game such as League of Legends isn't designed to support IPv6. After this new firmware is ready for mass-scale deployment, IPV6 will be enabled by default. This will cause many gamers connection issues. To provent this from happening is there an option in this firmware that allows to switch back to IPv4?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think you're wrongly assuming that IPv6 replaces IPv4. It doesn't. It's a completely different system that operates in parallel... and will continue to do for decades.

If the games have a problem running on a system that has active IPv6 connectivity (which I doubt - there's a big difference between "we don't provide a way to connect using IPv6" and "our stuff will break on a system with working IPv6"), then the solution isn't to turn off IPv6 at the modem/gateway level - just turn off IPv6 on the computer that is running the game.