cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Home Network Not Visible

Mainardguy12
I've been here awhile

For some reason my home wi-fi network is not visible when the list of available networks is searched on my devices. It can be accessed using the "OTHER" tab and manually inputting the network name and password. Part of the problem is sometimes the ignite TV  doesn't work and it asks us to reset the modem. When we do reset the modem we then have to reconnect all our devices. I cant see anywhere we can make network visible. 

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wi-Fi Home Network Not Visible

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@Mainardguy12 wrote:

For some reason my home wi-fi network is not visible when the list of available networks is searched on my devices. It can be accessed using the "OTHER" tab and manually inputting the network name and password. Part of the problem is sometimes the ignite TV  doesn't work and it asks us to reset the modem. When we do reset the modem we then have to reconnect all our devices. I cant see anywhere we can make network visible. 

*** Edited Labels ***

log on to your gateway... (probably http://10.0.0.1 ... if you have not changed the default)

It will enter at the "gateway -> at a glance" page.

Select the "connection"  item (down the left side)

It will drop-down more items.

Select wifi

You will see the names of the Gateway's wifi networks ("your" networks)... for the 2.4 and 5 ghz bands, with an "edit" button on the right

Select the edit button for one of the networks.

You will get a "network configuration" page.

Scroll all the way to the bottom, and you will see a checkbox for "broadcast network name ... enabled"

My guess would be that in your case, that checkbox is not checked.

If your gateway was set up via the "wifi hub" app, it is probably that you will have to go back through the app to get this checked.  But if you can check it right there on the page and "save". , so much the better. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mainardguy12
I've been here awhile

has nobody else had this issue before?

Good day, @Mainardguy12!

Thanks for sharing your concern with the rest of the community! I can certainly understand how this would present a problem for you. 😞

To start, I would suggest a modem reboot and then check again to see if your WiFi network reappears.  If no luck, then I'd recommend trying a factory reset of your modem and then go through the set-up process once more. This should resolve the issue. Kindly keep us posted on the results! 

If anyone else in the community is/has experienced this, please feel free to chime in! 

RogersLaura

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@Mainardguy12 wrote:

*** Edited Labels ***

log on to your gateway... (probably http://10.0.0.1 ... if you have not changed the default)

It will enter at the "gateway -> at a glance" page.

Select the "connection"  item (down the left side)

It will drop-down more items.

Select wifi

You will see the names of the Gateway's wifi networks ("your" networks)... for the 2.4 and 5 ghz bands, with an "edit" button on the right

Select the edit button for one of the networks.

You will get a "network configuration" page.

Scroll all the way to the bottom, and you will see a checkbox for "broadcast network name ... enabled"

My guess would be that in your case, that checkbox is not checked.

If your gateway was set up via the "wifi hub" app, it is probably that you will have to go back through the app to get this checked.  But if you can check it right there on the page and "save". , so much the better. 

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@Mainardguy12 wrote:

has nobody else had this issue before?

following up my previous.

Yes, you will have to change the check mark via the wifi hub app, if the gateway was set up that way.

I recommend that you use a PC and log in to ignitewifi.rogers.com, rather than using the app.  It is a lot easier.

It should come with, showing your network

Select the following:

view network details

See Network

Edit Wifi (This will be on the black bar at top right)

Then scroll down until you see the checkbox "Broadcast wifi name".   It must be checked for your SSID to be visible.

Let us know how it went.

hsheng
I've been around

Hi,

I'm struggling with this problem today when setting up my new ignite wifi modem.

Two of my machines cannot see the ignite wifi network, the other machines can see it and can connect to the internet. The two machines that cannot see the wifi network cannot connect via the hidden network either.

I'm now using a HITRON modem (from a resell provider) to connect to rogers network, the HITRON modem has two wifi networks, 2.4G and 5G separated. The two machines can see the 2.4G network, but not the 5G. I've using the 2.4G network to connect to the internet for the two machines.

I called Rogers support and separated the 2.4G and 5G into two networks on the ignite modem, but still the two machines do not see any of the ignite wifi networks. The two machines all have 802.11n wifi adapter.

Rebooted the machines a couple times, no luck.

All windows 10 machines, what settings should be checked to get it to work, other than get a new wifi adapter?

Thanks,

Harry

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

That implies just a weak signal. 2.4 will normally be visible before 5.

Have you tried a wifi analyzer app,... there are lots of free ones out there.  I have "Airport Utility" for iOS.  It shows that 5G channels are "visible" to it at about -90 db signal strength, but I am sure that some devices will have trouble at about -75 dB or lower.  Anything in the -60s should function fine for the Rogers boxes. 

Burnaby
I've been around

I have the same problems, reset, unplug, on the phone with rogers for hours,

nothing worked, i couldn't go back to old moden, so I won't have wifi until the technician comes in 5 days.

I don't know if rogers don't train the staff, or hired anybody from street,

Nobody seems know what they are doing.

Very very disappointed.

Hello, @Burnaby.

I appreciate you joining this conversation, and welcome to our Community!

Based on your post, it's unclear whether your modem stopped working or you have migrated to the Ignite platform, and the new modem won't connect to the network. 

• What's the model of the modem?
  • Is the modem still plugged in?
  • What's the status of the modem's light? Is it flashing white?

By reset, do you mean factory reset? If yes, then you have to use your HomeConnect app to configure your WiFi network. 

Please provide us with more details of the problem so we can help. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation