Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

huh666
I plan to stick around
Thank you! Looking forward to testing.

robkoh
I've been around

Please add me to this trial. I have had t3 ranging issuses with my GCN3ACSMR modem in gateway mode. Please send me a download link and instructions  for  installing the firmware.

Zaphod99
I plan to stick around

This is great news. I will wait until someone tries this update and makes a positive post about it before I try it.

Anyone tried this update yet?

Running this on a CGNM-3552.  No dead LAN ports or any other issues seen.  The modem is running in Bridge mode.

Zaphod99
I plan to stick around
Let me know how it turns out for you, robkoh.

@Zaphod99 wrote:

This is great news. I will wait until someone tries this update and makes a positive post about it before I try it.

Anyone tried this update yet?

I think that most/all of the REs are running it at this point. I've got it on a CGN3ACSMR, and it seems to work fine. 

Honestly, what I think it comes down to is this - if you're in an area with the Casa CMTSes and you have a situation like last weekend for me, where I had to power cycle the modem 4 times/day due to the Casa/LAN port bug, you want this firmware... yesterday. It can't be worse than .20... 

If you're in an area with the Cisco CMTSes, then it's a different story...

Quick question - is this beta available for the Rogers Ignite Gigabit modem as well? My area just got Gigabit and i'm planning on upgrading to it soon. Cheers all

Yes, trial version 4.5.8.21 is available for both the CGN3ACSMR and the gigabit CGNM-3552.

Themeril
I plan to stick around

Any firmware updates coming for the CGN3ACR? Currently at 4.2.8.12 but experiencing quite a few random reboots. Was hoping firmware updates would fix this but so far haven't seen any. 

@Themeril wrote:

Any firmware updates coming for the CGN3ACR? Currently at 4.2.8.12 but experiencing quite a few random reboots. Was hoping firmware updates would fix this but so far haven't seen any. 

Themeril,

Although the CGN3ACR is not officially part of the firmware trial program, the firmware is compatible and will require testing on this platform as well.

You can follow the instructions in post #1 of this thread on how to register. Simply make sure that you mention in your message that you have a CGN3ACR modem.

Themeril
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the reply! Message sent. 

Raji
I'm here a lot

HI, i got the trial firmware, did a factory reset. Now i cannot able to login to my router at 192.168.0.1, default username/password is not working. I already went through the setup wizard, it just asked me to create wifi name and password and nothing about admin password. Any suggestions?

@Raji wrote:

HI, i got the trial firmware, did a factory reset. Now i cannot able to login to my router at 192.168.0.1, default username/password is not working. I already went through the setup wizard, it just asked me to create wifi name and password and nothing about admin password. Any suggestions?

The username has not changed and is still cusadmin.

The password will be same one as your WiFi network as configured during the setup wizard.

Thanks Dave

And... you can always go into the settings after the wizard runs if you want to change either password.

Square
I'm a reliable contributor

If I can't get the trial version, how do I get a better firmware?  I still have version 4.4.8.14 and it's terrible.

Thank you.

Max101
I've been around

I am interested in the Firmware trial for my 1G rogers Rocket wifi modem.

thanks,

Max101

seadooxp30

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

• Security enhancements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Hi all,

I am on beta list already and wondering how I can log back into CGNM-3552 (Gigabit Router) to check the firware version if the modem is set to bridge mode?

When I connect my laptop directly to the Rogers and type 192.168.0.1 i get nothing?

Is there anyway to get to the setting without resetting the router back to factory mode??

Thanks

seadooxp30

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

• Security enhancements

Hi all,

I am on beta list already and wondering how I can log back into CGNM-3552 (Gigabit Router) to check the firware version if the modem is set to bridge mode?

When I connect my laptop directly to the Rogers and type 192.168.0.1 i get nothing?

Is there anyway to get to the setting without resetting the router back to factory mode??

Thanks

Never mind I got my answer 🙂

In bridge mode, the modem ip 192.168.100.1 with same login credentials

@Max101 please have a look at the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

To send a private message to @CommunityHelps follow this link to the communityhelps page, and then on the right hand side follow the link to "Send this user a private message" which takes you to the message composition page.  Fill in the title and text and hit send on the lower right hand side . 

For the update, I'm guessing that you would need the HFC MAC address and serial number for the modem, both of which may be copied off of the Status page, which is the first page that comes up after you log into the modem.