Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Thank you! Looking forward to testing.
I've Been Around

Please add me to this trial. I have had t3 ranging issuses with my GCN3ACSMR modem in gateway mode. Please send me a download link and instructions  for  installing the firmware.

I Plan to Stick Around

This is great news. I will wait until someone tries this update and makes a positive post about it before I try it.

Anyone tried this update yet?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Running this on a CGNM-3552.  No dead LAN ports or any other issues seen.  The modem is running in Bridge mode.

I Plan to Stick Around

Let me know how it turns out for you, robkoh.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Zaphod99 wrote:

This is great news. I will wait until someone tries this update and makes a positive post about it before I try it.

Anyone tried this update yet?

I think that most/all of the REs are running it at this point. I've got it on a CGN3ACSMR, and it seems to work fine. 

Honestly, what I think it comes down to is this - if you're in an area with the Casa CMTSes and you have a situation like last weekend for me, where I had to power cycle the modem 4 times/day due to the Casa/LAN port bug, you want this firmware... yesterday. It can't be worse than .20... 

If you're in an area with the Cisco CMTSes, then it's a different story...

I'm a Regular

Quick question - is this beta available for the Rogers Ignite Gigabit modem as well? My area just got Gigabit and i'm planning on upgrading to it soon. Cheers all
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, trial version 4.5.8.21 is available for both the CGN3ACSMR and the gigabit CGNM-3552.

I Plan to Stick Around

Any firmware updates coming for the CGN3ACR? Currently at 4.2.8.12 but experiencing quite a few random reboots. Was hoping firmware updates would fix this but so far haven't seen any.