Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

DJKAOS_ wrote:

Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware & internet speed issues Smiley Sad

Hello all,

I am in the Orillia area, and currently using the Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware.... Prior to using it, i was getting fast download speeds of around 600mbps, but since connecting the Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware my download speed has slowed right down to 100mbps.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to get my internet speed back? 

Are you in bridge mode by chance?  I am, and had the same problem, and simply rebooting my router solved the problem.

I've Been Here Awhile

How can I tell if I am in bridge mode?
I Plan to Stick Around

I would think so .. 

So is anyone seeing any speed improvments ? I know ping values came down .. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Interesting.

Until now, I've been using an Ignite modem (I'm guessing the CGN3 family? Whatever they give you for gigabit), in bridge mode, connected to an Apple Time Capsule for Wi-Fi.

It *sounds* like it may be time for me to consider switching to using the CODE-4582's built-in Wifi, as I may get better 802.11AC rates than I do now with my Time Capsule (The time Capsule does 3×3:3 dual-band w/beamforming, but it sounds like this may actually have better reception?)

Interestingly the Time Capsule and this new router have nearly identical dimensions, as well, probably a function of antenna layout.

@Double_Kor @RogersDave any thoughts on the likely throughput differences, if any? I'm not sure if I still have the FCC Id's for power output handy anymore for the Time Capsule/Airport Extreme.

I've Been Here Awhile

DJKAOS_ wrote:
How can I tell if I am in bridge mode?

Bridge mode is when you disable the routing features of the Rogers device, so it only acts as a modem, and then you hook up your own router instead.  So unless you've hooked up your own router, you're not in bridge mode.

I Plan to Stick Around

what's the password for the login info?

cusadmin password doesn't seem to work

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The first time that you fire up the modem and connect to it, it will step you through a setup process to set the wifi network names and passphrase.  That passphrase is also the modem password.  After that is set up you will be able to log in and change the network names, network passphrases and modem password.  The user name is still cusadmin when you go to the usual login page. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

orenwolf wrote:

Interesting.

Until now, I've been using an Ignite modem (I'm guessing the CGN3 family? Whatever they give you for gigabit), in bridge mode, connected to an Apple Time Capsule for Wi-Fi.

It *sounds* like it may be time for me to consider switching to using the CODE-4582's built-in Wifi, as I may get better 802.11AC rates than I do now with my Time Capsule (The time Capsule does 3×3:3 dual-band w/beamforming, but it sounds like this may actually have better reception?)

Interestingly the Time Capsule and this new router have nearly identical dimensions, as well, probably a function of antenna layout.

@Double_Kor @RogersDave any thoughts on the likely throughput differences, if any? I'm not sure if I still have the FCC Id's for power output handy anymore for the Time Capsule/Airport Extreme.

If you're happy with the TC's range, my suggestion would be to stay with the TC for now as your Wireless Access Point.  That doesn't stop you from changing your current CGN3 modem for the CODA modem & put the CODA in bridge mode. @RogersDave has confirmed that there is a firmware change coming for the CODA-4582 to improve the 5GHz range.

However, that being said - why not have both?  Using the Rogers modem in Gateway mode enables a Wireless Access Point.  Connect the Time Capsule to it via an ethernet cable from the other side of your house and set it up as a bridge (not a router).  Make sure they are the same SSID & security configuration (ie. same WPA2PSK AES password) on different channels, and not overlapping with your neighbours.  Then you'd have 2 wireless access points providing coverage for your house, potentially improving your connection speeds in 802.11ac.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

sstackho wrote:

Can this modem be set into bridge mode? 

Yes. It's no different from the CGN3 family in that respect...

I Plan to Stick Around

Wasted my whole day with this new modem. Swapped the unit twice, and still having the same issue: getting 20mbps down if I'm lucky, instead of the 800 that I usually average. I've noticed that my upstream power levels are way below spec. My old modem was between 41-43, now it is 31-35 (35 is min recommended)

I've created a ticket with engineering and requested that a tech come out to try and fix my upstream power levels. 

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.