Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Besides the improvement on WiFi is there any benifit to customer on the gigabit service to upgrade to this unit?

Also looks like this can not be wall mounted, anyone confirm?

I Plan to Stick Around

My first test result: 

5879931527.png

Lowest ping I've seen in a long time. Project Cars online feels noticably better, which is great as I just got a Rift this week. Smiley Very Happy

I'm a Reliable Contributor

AccordXTC wrote:

Besides the improvement on WiFi is there any benifit to customer on the gigabit service to upgrade to this unit?

Also looks like this can not be wall mounted, anyone confirm?

From a known issues perspective, the CGNM-3552 uses an Intel Puma 6 processor, which has a current issue with latency with TCP & UDP traffic (pretty much most of your internet traffic).  If you are doing any latency-sensitive traffic, such as gaming or VoIP, you'll see an immediate benefit.

From a cost-savings perspective, the new modem may actually save you money on your hydro bill.  The CGNM-3552 uses 21W typical, whereas the CODA-4582 uses 18W typical, and only 5W in power save mode (this could be bridge mode, but I'm not sure).  At a minimum, typical savings is 3W/hr x 24 hours x 365 days = 26.28kWh/yr.  My hydro averages $0.20/kWh after all charges including taxes, so that'd be at least $5.26 savings per year.  Compared to power save mode, the difference could be 16W/hr x 24 hours x 365 days = 140.16kWh.  At $0.20/kWh, that's ~$28/yr in electricity savings.  Actual savings could vary, but there are some.

From a speed perspective, the CODA-4582 comes with the MxL278 Receiver & MxL236 Amplifier.  You can read about the benefits here: http://www.maxlinear.com/maxlinear-mxl278-full-spectrum-capture-docsis-3-1-cable-receiver-and-amplif...

Essentially, the main benefit will come when Rogers moves to DOCSIS 3.1 (which they are already testing) which may result in higher upload speeds in the (near) future.

No it cannot be wall mounted - it must be oriented per the picture for both airflow & wireless antenna orientation.

I Plan to Stick Around

The data pdf clearly shows a black version i'm hoping rogers will offer this one to.

White will look terrible with all my gear that is black!

I Plan to Stick Around

I have never known them to offer different SKUs in hardware for vanity, they chose white for their branding and i'd expec thats all we will get. It's ugly and looks terrible on my entertainment stand but the benifits far outweigh my preference in color and opinion of how terrible it looks :/

I Plan to Stick Around

Smiley Happy not acceptable for me.

I would go as far as removing the external casing and getting it professionally painted black.

My only concern is rogers would have to allow me to buy it because I wouldn't mod rented equipment.

I Plan to Stick Around

Mod the rented equipment and they will insist you pay for it. Problem solved lol

I Plan to Stick Around

Perfect that works lol.

With this thing being 225 millimeters or 8.86 inches in height.

And the CGN3ACSMR

200 millimeters or 7.87 inches.

Its roughly an inch taller so it will fit inside the rack where I have the current modem.

I Plan to Stick Around

mine didn't fit, looks even worse then expected now lol
I Plan to Stick Around

@Double_K Thanks for the info and not worried so much about the wireless as I have always run better hardware for WiFi coverage. Guess I'll be using a shelf for it. I'll be swapping it out tomorrow.

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.