Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Anyone else having issues with the USB port not working since .24?

I've always been able to stream to Apple TV using a USB stick connected to the Coda's USB port but it's stopped working.

Any ideas?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ONeill88 

Have you tried a factroy reset?

Use a pen tip or similiar and press and hold the reset button on the back of the CODA for 20 seconds.

Wait 2 minutes for the modem to reboot and run setup.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've called Rogers tech multiple times and they still could not give me a straight answer as to why I was not receiving my 50Mbps upload speed on the Gigabit plan. He even told me that people around my area were getting that speed no problem on the same plan. I have been sitting around the 20Mbps mark for over 2 months now with no increases. The last time I called they confirmed that I was receiving the advertised speeds and also would not provide me with a legitimate screenshot proving so.....what is going on here guys? Here is my most recent speed test. 859 down is actually the highest I've reached so far. BTW I only have 2 connections going into the modem, a VOIP phone and to my PC. Port 1 is PC port 2 is VOIP. I even tried unplugging my VOIP phone to see if it would make a difference but it wouldn't.

rogers2.pngrogers1.png

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@WestPoint

MIMO errors are negligable. Just Wifi antenae connecting to a device. The RRSP rejections and T6 timeouts are more concerning. Basically, your modem attempts to send the RRSP three times and all three fail. This triggers the T6 response which will restart the cable interface on the modem. 

The No Ranging Reponse T3 Timeout means that Rogers isn't responding on the CMTS (basically the node where Rogers serves your cable subscription from) and this could be due to a number of factors:

1) For some reason your modems MAC isn't synced to what Rogers has. Seems unlikely, since you just have intermitent loss.

2) The CMTS is hitting some issues with congestion and can't respond to your requests

3) Something really funky is happening with the router firmware and it's issuing falsy requests... seems unlikely but possible.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Since the CODA-4582 has built-in bonded MoCA 2.0 support, can I just connect an adapter to another coax outlet? or do I have to go ethernet(modem)>adapter#1>coax(room1) and then coax(room2)>adapter#2>ethernet(pc/extra router)?

I was hoping to have modem centralized in house, moca adapter in garage, moca adapter in another room.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@coldkick yea i know what it is now, only took about 20 calls to rogers and 40 posts here in the forums, over the last 3 weeks, before someone finally got to the bottom of this, and it would seem you got it right...

Rogers informed me that the CMTS is hitting some issues with congestion and can't respond to the requests, apparently this issue has been escalated from an individual, per call in issue, finally, too a group/community issue and that this SHOULD help them to get more senior techs working in the area to try and get services back up.

But just out of curiousity, how many people are in my area, because I seriously dont think this issue is just contained to my little area of Toronto.... Im near Eglinton and Jane street, and even my friends in Mississauga, on ehas the new gigabit modem, the other the ignite modem still, and BOTH of them have been getting signal degridation or complete loss for the last few weeks, confirmed with them both yesterday that its still happening on both modems.

Anyways, all we can do is keep testing and try to help them find the issues.... I know I've done about all I can do for them, on multiple occations I have stated and basically proven that its being cause by long-term connections, such as gaming online, or large file download, the service will start great, nice high download speed, but then will drop by close to half then again and again it will drop over about a 2min period, and then cut right out and never come up again without a manual reboot..... Tested with a 42GB file, tried to download to my desktop and failed and then my Xbox as well and failed, both on Cat6 cable connections....

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I've been observing my modem reboot several times during the week. Two reboots occurred during the morning around 2AM, and one was during the morning around 10AM.

Could there be some memory leak causing the modem to reboot? Overheating?
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

@RogersDave keep on losing wireless 5g on all my devices not showing up the only way to get it back is to reboot the modem ?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there going to be a hardware replacement program? or is the firmware going to fix the speed degradation issues? Is MoCA enabled or can it be enabled?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@coldkick wrote:

@WestPoint

MIMO errors are negligable. Just Wifi antenae connecting to a device. The RRSP rejections and T6 timeouts are more concerning. Basically, your modem attempts to send the RRSP three times and all three fail. This triggers the T6 response which will restart the cable interface on the modem. 

The No Ranging Reponse T3 Timeout means that Rogers isn't responding on the CMTS (basically the node where Rogers serves your cable subscription from) and this could be due to a number of factors:

1) For some reason your modems MAC isn't synced to what Rogers has. Seems unlikely, since you just have intermitent loss.

2) The CMTS is hitting some issues with congestion and can't respond to your requests

3) Something really funky is happening with the router firmware and it's issuing falsy requests... seems unlikely but possible.

@coldkick

MIMO isn't talking about WiFi, it's a DOCSIS error

http://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-does-the-mimo-event-mimo-log-message-mean-393