Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Just wanted to remind everyone of the following:

A small percentage of modems were subject to an issue that results in the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network having a negative impact on the overall speed.

A hardware fix was implemented.

New modems featuring the hardware enhancement to correct this issue will have a small, circular black sticker on the outer box next to the serial number/MAC information. The same black sticker is also place directly above the power connector on the back of the modem.

Make sure your modem has the hardware fix before troubleshooting speed issues.

This issue would not affect bridged modems.

Yea this has been happ to me to

Yea I got the one with a black sticker almost a month ago , is there a new one now with improvements ?

With all due respect, many of us are reporting issues that are independent of the 2.4GHz issue that seem to be firmware related. 

For example, I have a black-dot modem, bridge mode, on DOCSIS 3.1, FW .19, and my internet consistently loses reliable connection every 12 hours.  It looks a lot like a memory leak.  I can still ping sites, but browsing doesn't work.  Technical support says nothing wrong with the signal levels.  It sounds like the "fix" in FW .23 is to program it to reboot periodically.  Despite signing up for the trial firmwares (12 days ago), it hasn't been pushed to me.  

Also tried non-bridge mode, and disabled 2.4GHz.  Same result.  

I'm at the point where if it isn't fixed soon, Bell FTTH is looking very attractive.  

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Wait.. Bell FTTH is available to you , why are you bothering with cable then lol

Kbursey
I've been here awhile

anyone have any issues with xbox live speeds? i get 900+ on my pc on speedtest but on xbox live i only get around 150Mbps. any help would be awesome

yyzsam
I plan to stick around

Just speculating but XBL probably throttles connections.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@Kbursey wrote:

anyone have any issues with xbox live speeds? i get 900+ on my pc on speedtest but on xbox live i only get around 150Mbps. any help would be awesome

More info please? What connection?

Gateway

Bridged

Hard Wired

2.4 GHz Wi-Fi

5 GHz Wi-Fi

Kbursey
I've been here awhile
i have the unlimited gigabit and both my pc and xbox are hard wired in with cat6

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@Kbursey wrote:
i have the unlimited gigabit and both my pc and xbox are hard wired in with cat6

Interesting even with it hard wired. I get my full plus on my 250/20 plan mostly 320/22, I even get over 200/20 with my new Moto Z phone via Wi-Fi 5 GHz.

Kbursey
I've been here awhile
when you go to detailed network statistics you get 250mpbs download?

@Kbursey, there is a ticket in with Microsoft regarding XBox performance over Rogers Network.  When @RogersDave returns to the forum, hopefully he will be able to update XBox users on any progress that has been made, if any.  Dave is rather busy these days with the CODA-4582 and Hitron, so, don't when he will be able to pop back in to answer the questions that many people have for various issues.

Hybrid_Noodle
I plan to stick around
@Kbursey along with the ticket for performance issues the detailed diagnostics test is based on a server in Seattle which would cause some speed degradation. There may be some underlying parts that do not allow the NIC to function at full Gig speeds. I know the wifi card in the Xbox one while it is a 5Ghz it is a very poor quality one.

traghipp
I plan to stick around

I have just ordered MoCA 2.0 adapters which I intend to use with the CODA 4582. I'd like to know whether I need to purchase a MoCA "POE" filter or whether Rogers has already placed a filter on my line given I have whole home PVR enabled. 

Thank you in advance for your help

If you have Whole Home installed, there should already be a MOCA POE filter at the cable entry point.  It might be built into an amplifier or splitter, or it could be an inline filter.  If you have a look at the point where the cable splits, you should see either an inline POE filter, or an amp or splitter that is marked as MOCA compliant. 

The key word here is "should".  We've run into installations that had Whole Home but did not have a MOCA POE filter installed, in which case the user could see other PVRs and had shows deleted off his or here PVR.  If you're never had that happen, then there is a very high probability that there is a MOCA POE filter installed.  A quick look should confirm that. 

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I think the Rogers SHM router is interfering with my wifi , is there any way around this? Can i ditch the SHM router and just run on the cellular back up?

You need the Netgear router for your home monitoring. Make sure the netgear isn't right beside it and ensure your CODA is on a different 2.4ghz channel then the netgear and you should be fine.

themaneeeeeee
I've been around

im havin the same issues, modem updated to this hiltron and ever since i have swapped 6 times and still the modem needs rebooting throughout the day.  Tech support wont admit to the issue and keep telling me to swap. I should have kept my old modem.  THis is a joke.

EMS-Medic
I've been here awhile

CODA-4582 - List of Connected Devices

Evening,

I am experiencing an issue with the CODA-4582 modem, where when I try to load the "List of Connected Devices", it does not show anything (shows no devices at all).

I have 1 device with a wired connection, 2 devices connected to 5G and 2 devices connected to 2.4G and nothing is shown.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

Hi EMS-Medic,

To solve this issue you are going to need to enroll in the firmware trial for the CODA-4582. The firmware being distributed to all trial participants contains the fix for the connected devices bug. However, If I were you I would wait untill early March becasue the firmware being destributed to all trial participants would be certified and deployed network wide by that time.

MackyG
I've been here awhile

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has had issues with their wireless printing? I have an HP officejet 8620 and it keeps stating on multiple computers that the printer is offline and unreachable, but when i chek the printer it is connected to the network. Ive shutdown all computers and the printer and even reinstalled the software but to no success. It has been happening since I got the new CODA modems with the black dots on them. Piror to the blackdots everything slowed down. Only reason I swapped em was becacuse I got SHM and they said I needed the black dot modem.

Thanks