Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

One small bug, Connected Devices List doesn't show, anyone or only me?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Big8D wrote:

Can you elaborate?

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@Big8D wrote:

Not just you and being tracked accordingly.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Under Basic, at the bottom there is a function called "List Connected Devices" but when you click it there is nothing showing up. Worked with .13.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah yes, I recall that feature, works great on the 4582 modem under the .14 f/w.   Haven't checked it since.

That never feature never really worked or worked well under the 3552 modem.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @Patrick9591,

I have since tried a few wired device's with the tech's lap top when he came in and 2 other I had at home. I also simultaneously did a wife test on an Ipad and Samsung phone. All the devices were getting no more then 60-80Mbps, the wifi devices alot lower something around 30mbps. I've since been told the gigabye speeds was a combined of all devices both wifi and wired.  I am still not getting that, and now I've been informed Rogers is no longer handing out these modems. I am not sure why, maybe there is a common speed issue, any news on that, I could not confirm with Rogers.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @markopas,

With the old 100u I was getting much faster speeds, I even passed the speeds set sometimes getting 150mbps or even 200mbps a few times with the same lap top connected wired. The lap top I used is an HP I think maybe 3 year old, and has had windows 10 when doing both the gigabit test and 100u test. I am not sure what the network card is though.

The tech did a test on his laptop and showed speeds at 400mpbs while i ran a wifi test and go about 80mpbs on my Iphone. That last a total 8 hours, I later found out it was because the agent never activated the modem. Not sure how we were able to run a speed test, I can only assume it was bc of the home phone modem (not sure). It took 2 techs to figure out it was not activated and 2 modem swaps. After activation I never got any where near the speeds on the tech's laptop.  I will likely go back to the 100u or get the black modem back.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Hseth wrote:

Hi @markopas,

With the old 100u I was getting much faster speeds, I even passed the speeds set sometimes getting 150mbps or even 200mbps a few times with the same lap top connected wired. The lap top I used is an HP I think maybe 3 year old, and has had windows 10 when doing both the gigabit test and 100u test. I am not sure what the network card is though.

The tech did a test on his laptop and showed speeds at 400mpbs while i ran a wifi test and go about 80mpbs on my Iphone. That last a total 8 hours, I later found out it was because the agent never activated the modem. Not sure how we were able to run a speed test, I can only assume it was bc of the home phone modem (not sure). It took 2 techs to figure out it was not activated and 2 modem swaps. After activation I never got any where near the speeds on the tech's laptop.  I will likely go back to the 100u or get the black modem back.

• What plan are you currently signed up for? 
  • What modem is currently installed in your home? (I only ask this because people still bring up their non-4582 modems in to this thread).
  • What firmware is the modem you are currently using?

I refuse to accept the fact that if I am promised 1Gbps on my ISP plan and I am the only one hardwired to the modem with no Wi-Fi enabled whether it be in bridged mode or not, I should still recieve something very close to this speed.

Now, if I am using the modem as router as well and have wi-fi enabled then I can understand not reaching the max potential of 1Gbps and have to share this with my other devices currently hardwired and on wireless, this is normal.

The time of day and neighbourhood could also saturate your speeds so this could also be another factor.

Hardware is also another limiting factor, if you are on hardwired then you need to see which your network card falls under in one of these three categories 10/100/1000.   Most newer hardware that is typically I would like to say that is about 10yrs or newer usually came with 1Gb (1000) card standard.

Wi-Fi is a different animal all together, we are now just getting in to the 802.11ac band where as the previous 802.11n was the main leader for the past 5-6yrs. and prior to it was a/b/g, they all have their limit factors and limited to speed and then you have to fight with other wireless devices using the same bands and frequencies which can cause speed issues.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hey Guys,

I swapped out my moddem and still no improvement in speed stuck in the 500-600mb range.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just chiming in with my current results/issues

I had the 250Mbps package hooked up yesterday (wednesday Jan 4th) and even up until this morning I had an average speedtest of 330Mbps, though as of tonight, I've been stuck at 5-10Mbps Down.

Not sure what I should provide here, but I'm currently running firmware 2.0.10.19

Hopefully this is resolved soon, as it leaves a really bad impression to be having issues like this on the second day of service.

Good luck Dave with finding the solution, if possible, I would like to participate in any advanced/beta programs for firmware, if that is related to the issue.

Thank you!