Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@jjunge wrote:
It shows up as 'LINKSTATION' in the network list and I can't access it like that or if I try to navigate to the IP. How can I go about looking into whether or not things are cached causing the problem? The odd thing is that I can access the config page through edge navigating to the IP but can't navigate to it within windows - very frustrated... 😞

What happens if you try to put \\1.2.3.4\ (replacing that with the right IP, obviously) in a Windows Explorer (not a web browser) location bar?

jjunge
I plan to stick around

If I put the IP into windows explorer - it errors out saying the device is not found. The only way I can access the NAS is using Edge and surfing to the IP.

zachg
I'm here a lot
Yep! I was seeing 700mbs with the other gigabyte router. With this new one, I'm lucky to see 50mbs wired, or wireless. I tried replacing the unit and still the same issue. Not fun.

marco5566
I plan to stick around

It's not the unit guys its the firmware and the rogers network not working with this modem correctly.

Rogers better fix this issue as were paying for gigabit speeds and not getting them.

@buttman I agree with @Double_K.  Take the modem back to the store and ensure that the CSR has completed the transaction that assigns the modem to your account.  If that isn't done for some reason, you won't be able to get the modem online.  I've had that happen to me at one point.  Tech support and Customer support couldn't do anything until that transaction was completed. 

It isn't a provisioning issue. It's a firmware issue on the new modem. Taking mine back now and downgrading to the old gigabyte modem. Sadly.

buttman
I'm here a lot
I did go back to the store with the modem and confirmed with CSR its been swapped in their system correctly. The 5 the Tech support guys a spoke with over last 24 hours tell it's an issue on the back end and they are "working on it". They advise not to swap the modem at this point as it may confuse the system even more by introducing another serial/ model number into the mix.

Ok, sorry to hear that.  Strange that the simple steps of adding the new modem to the account and provisioning the modem works for others.  

Funny thing is. I'm in the store now, and gigabyte is now coded ONLY for the new modem. They can't downgrade me to the old modem. So I'm stuck with horrible speeds until it's fixed. As per I'm told in store and with their phone support.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@zachg, so according the store computer, that modem is only available if you are already running gigabit, or stepping to up Gigabit?  That doesn't agree with @RogersDave's earlier statement that the modem was essentially available for lesser speeds as long as it was an unlimited service.  Something isn't right somewhere along the line...

@Datalink wrote:

@zachg, so according the store computer, that modem is only available if you are already running gigabit, or stepping to up Gigabit?  That doesn't agree with @RogersDave's earlier statement that the modem was essentially available for lesser speeds as long as it was an unlimited service.  Something isn't right somewhere along the line...

@I read it the other way around, i.e. the 4582 is the ONLY allowed modem for gigabit now, and so @zachg cannot get a 3552 back... 

They said that gigabyte SOC code would not allow the old gigabyte modem. They sorted it out because they found that under the 'non-promotional services' tab the old code was there. I truly hope that Rogers stops giving these out until they find the issue and fix it.

tyreman
I plan to stick around
Just went in and switched mine today. Got 4582 running in bridged mode with RT AC 68U

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Been running the 4582 in bridge mode (connected to an RT-AC68U) for a few days now and I'm very happy. I'm on the 100/10 profile. Pings have been consistently under 10ms. Download speed tests are consistently around 200Mbps and uploads remain unchanged from when I had the cgn3acsmr (at 11Mbps).

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

I still don't see how we can disable the QOS.  Anyone notice that when doing a speedtest, it seems to pause for a bit and then throttle down?  I suspect QOS is kicking in and doing some throttling.  Hopefully the new firmware can turn this off and then it should give us the max speed without filtering.

Yes I notice that on the cgn3acmr

@Alex4161 wrote:

I still don't see how we can disable the QOS.  Anyone notice that when doing a speedtest, it seems to pause for a bit and then throttle down?  I suspect QOS is kicking in and doing some throttling.  Hopefully the new firmware can turn this off and then it should give us the max speed without filtering.

Not so sure its throttlilng.. though it is possible.

When/where do you see this.  After the first like 1/5-/14 ish of it?

That is fairly normal across all packages.  Rogers still supports 'speed boost', where they actually give an accelerated speed for the first like 10% or something like that, to help with quicker streaming loading, etc.  
EG: On my 100u package, you see a 130ish on the first little bit, then settles down to the 100 for the rest.

markopas
I plan to stick around

New Rogers HITRON CODA-4582 Gigabit modem refuses to hand out an IP to a router in bridged mode. I will allow a laptop to connect but not a router. Have dealt with support and last step was to replace the modem just in case it was a hardware issue, still experiencing the same issue.

markopas
I plan to stick around
I should also mention that I am plugging modem in to my brand new DLINK DIR-895L and it will give out an IP address if it's not bridged which is what is even more boggling. Both modem and router reset back to default to see if that made any difference and it didn't after switching to bridged mode.

Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor

@markopas wrote:

New Rogers HITRON CODA-4582 Gigabit modem refuses to hand out an IP to a router in bridged mode. I will allow a laptop to connect but not a router. Have dealt with support and last step was to replace the modem just in case it was a hardware issue, still experiencing the same issue.

@markopas see this post on page 8 for info on how IP addresses are handed out: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/383...

It's possible that the Rogers DHCP server has locked in your laptop MAC address, and 1 other MAC address, and thus why it won't allow your router to get one.  If you set your router to spoof your laptop MAC address, it should connect.  You just need to determine what the other MAC address is, and if Rogers tech support can flush it from the DHCP server's reservation table.  They may tell you to wait 48 hours for it to flush itself.

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

@Double_K wrote:

@markopas wrote:

@markopas see this post on page 8 for info on how IP addresses are handed out: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/383...

It's possible that the Rogers DHCP server has locked in your laptop MAC address, and 1 other MAC address, and thus why it won't allow your router to get one.  If you set your router to spoof your laptop MAC address, it should connect.  You just need to determine what the other MAC address is, and if Rogers tech support can flush it from the DHCP server's reservation table.  They may tell you to wait 48 hours for it to flush itself.

Are you certain this behavior is fact? because i was using 3 seperate devices  (router laptop and tower) in bridge mode and testing all 3 of them for speed  and latency, and had no issues rapibly switching bethween the 3 and getting a public ip assigned (each device was assigned a different public ip as rogers DHCP server binds the address by mac)