Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Again I really appreciate that you communicate the info with us @RogersDave

As a gamer it's frustating again yesterday I was playing CSGO with some of my friends ( they are all with Bell), while they have 15-20 ping.. I am sitting with 75-90 depending on server locations.. speed is great with rogers but latency for gaming horrible right now, hopefully you guys will manage to get this down so we can enjoy online gaming with Rogers too.

Thanks for the insight I really appreciate as a Rogers customer that you are aware and working on it making it high priority.

jalalinator
I plan to stick around

Hey Dave, One thing in terms of peering to look into would be peering to valve servers (viriginia on the east coast) , also chicago and new york peering which are the main servers we all use

the other reason I am replying is because I just experienced yet another dropout of my internet, full modem reboot, my logs are literally FULL of timeouts (t3 and one t4 timeout), a few of the logs have date stamps of 01/01/70 , this is not the first time this has happened My snr is borderline but my line has a 6db bandaid pad on outside on the line, if possible you can look at my signals and my logs.

Regards

hapatoronto
I've been around

Hello,

I just got the new 1 gigbite Hitron Modem and I called chromecast to resolve a problem. I have 7 chrome cast that were connected to the network, which they all are not working now ever since the change. They told me to contact you guys to get this fixed.  Is there something i can do to fix this?

Yea that was my argument like months back. All my friends have Bell and all have better ping/ latency then me and rest of friends on Rogers while playing same game ! Hopefully there is a fix soon. Thanks ks.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@lethalsniper 

I remember back in the CISCO CMTS days our ping was bad not as bad as with the CASA CMTS.

I was under the impression that CASA would improved the bad ping we had on CISCO but.. I was quite surprised when I seen it go even higher than it was previously on CISCO.

But it's the first time I heard that they are actually working on the isssue.. so hopefully we see a fix soon!

RobChang
I've been around

We enrolled in the trial for this firmware in order to fix the problem with we were having with the chromecast. It seems the problem has been fixed and best of all, it was all done remotely with no input or effort on our part. Thank you for a job well done!

how can u upgrade the modem for chromecast ?

still not working

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @ArtG1,

Please refer to the first post of this thread for instructions on how to participate in the firmware trial.

Cheers,
RogersCilio

gagankinra
I've been here awhile

Hi,

This firmware 4.5.8.22 seems working fine now. However I observe one strange thing, like I cast from my device to TV, its working fine and then if I switch off the TV, device casting keeps on working and after  I switch on my TV again, casting will resume from what is device is casting at that moment.

I feel expected behaviour should once I switch off the TV casting should stop as destination device is OFF.

This I feel is not a big issue and have a workaround to disconnect the casting from the device always. So everything will work fine.

ytwytw
I've been here awhile
I have upgraded to the beta firmware for my modem

After factory reset, I got IPv6 address no problem
Then I turn off the commercial gateway to enable bridge mode, I got IPv6 address but next day I lost the IPv6, and reboot modem doesn't help

Anyone has similar issue?

Jeffwcronk
I've been around

Please sign me up for this. 

Jeff 

ytwytw
I've been here awhile

Maybe Let me clearify my IPv6 issue

I am using the device on Bridge Mode

I have connected a Cisco 2800 series router as my main router

First time, I can get DHCP Client v6 to got IPv6 assignment from the WAN port.

but say after 15 minutes, after reboot the Cisco Router

I can no longer get IPv6 Assignment from the WAN Port

I have to reboot the Rogers Modem in order to again get IPv6 address assignment.

Any fix from this?

What are you signing up for ? Is there a new firmware coming out to fix the latency issues ?

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave

For the last week I can't even get close to my speeds posted here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/333...

This is what I'm getting for the past week and the only thing I noticed is my IP address has changed which doesn't happen very often.

Any reason why such a fall off in speed? I have the 250/20 plan.......!

Daniel Smiley Mad

Which firmware are you guys signing up for and why , I have 4.5.8.21

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

4.5.8.22 for my CGN3ACSMR and why because I like testing things.

selbourn
I've been here awhile
Update on my previously stated issue (Wi-Fi disconnecting when phone screen goes off):

So far today, this has not been happening on either Moto G Android phone in my home.

I still see the .22 firmware and no change to the post at the beginning of the thread, so I'm not sure why it's changed, but I'm happy to report that everything now seems to be working as it did a couple of months ago, before the Chromecast issues began.

Bobbywang
I've been here awhile

Hi there,

I wold like to join the firware trial as I am having issues with using Chromecast with my Rogers Wi-Fi Modem.  Thanks.

Bobby

user12343543
I plan to stick around

Guys, what the heck? These new modems have broken:

Ping

VPN

Chrome cast

WEBUI

Wifi light on

ports dying

@RogersDave could you consider letting us bring our own modems? I've had zero issues with my motorola surfboards for over a decade! These hitron modems break everything!

@user12343543 I'm assuming that your referring to a CGN3ACSMR.  Here's a quick summary:

Problem:                 Fixed in Version:

Ping                         4.5.8.16

VPN                         4.5.8.16

Chrome cast          4.5.8.22

WEBUI  (?)

Wifi light on           4.5.8.20 or .21

ports dying            4.5.8.21

If for some reason you have a CGN3ACSMR with 4.4.8.14 loaded, then yes, you will see those problems.  By now I would expect any CGNAC3SMRs to be updated to 4.5.8.21 across the network with 4.5.8.22 available on request.  If you have .21 loaded, then the only problem you should be seeing is Chromecast connectivity and latency due to the introduction of the Casa CMTS equipment, which Rogers and Casa are resolving.  

@ytwytw the first thing I would do is remove the Cisco 2800 from the network, kick the modem back into Gateway mode and determine if a connected pc or laptop retains an IPV6 address longer than 15 min.  If so, reboot the device and determine if it picks up an IPV6 address as its rebooting.  You could do the same in Bridge mode, just have to keep in mind that your pc firewall is protecting the pc instead of the router.  I would run a connected pc or laptop in that configuration only as long as it takes to do the test.

If the test is successful, especially if its in Bridge mode, then I would assume that the problem is with the router settings or scripts for IPV6 operation.  If so, then you should probably post your question to a Cisco forum.  I suspect that you will see some response.  I don't think you will see another response here unless someone else happens to be running a Cisco 2800 router. 

If the test is not successful, and the connected pc or laptop loses the IPV6 address, that is something that could be looked at.  That would point to a modem or CMTS problem of some type.  It would help to run the test with two devices to rule out any issue with one specific device.