cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting Wi-Fi channels on 3rd Gen white/silver modem

ultrasuperman
I'm here a lot

I just got the new 3rd gen modem and I need to change the wireless channels, it says to use the app but the app doesn't have those settings. I have tried factory resetting and setting up through the web service and it works for 30 seconds, then it locks down and says to use the app.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adjusting Wi-Fi channels on 3rd Gen white/silver modem

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ultrasuperman wrote:

I just got the new 3rd gen modem and I need to change the wireless channels, it says to use the app but the app doesn't have those settings. I have tried factory resetting and setting up through the web service and it works for 30 seconds, then it locks down and says to use the app.

Unfortunately, I don't know any way to regain manual control over your Wi-Fi settings.  Presumably, Rogers did this (actually, this is Comcast's doing; Rogers just went with the change as well) to cut down on WiFi-related tech support calls.  Most of the time, the modem actually does make sensible channel choices.  The problem is that if you strongly disagree with those choices, there is no override.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Adjusting Wi-Fi channels on 3rd Gen white/silver modem

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ultrasuperman wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't know any way to regain manual control over your Wi-Fi settings.  Presumably, Rogers did this (actually, this is Comcast's doing; Rogers just went with the change as well) to cut down on WiFi-related tech support calls.  Most of the time, the modem actually does make sensible channel choices.  The problem is that if you strongly disagree with those choices, there is no override.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation