Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

.19 was bliss for me.

.23 has been a nightmare.

I'm now down to 2h reboots in order to get the signal levels back to normal.

As a reference note - all was great on my 250 plan - rock solid.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just picked mine up today. Plugged it all in... and the '@' light doesn't stay lit. Can detect the network on my iMac but it says it can't connect to the router. On with support now, but I can't imagine how this is going to get fixed. Traded in my CGN2 this morning which worked fine. Maybe a hardware issue... We'll see!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@VinceMc wrote:
Just picked mine up today. Plugged it all in... and the '@' light doesn't stay lit. Can detect the network on my iMac but it says it can't connect to the router. On with support now, but I can't imagine how this is going to get fixed. Traded in my CGN2 this morning which worked fine. Maybe a hardware issue... We'll see!

Sounds like a provisioning problem, or I guess hardware... 

I've Been Here Awhile

All fixed up. The guys at the Rogers Store didn't complete the work order. Andy via FB messenger got me rolling. Dealt with him a few times. Great dude to deal with!!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@VinceMc there are problems with connecting a router to a CODA-4582 with anything prior to Firmware version 2.0.10.23.  The modem would not connect to a D-Link router for example due to some unique way that the D-Link router communicates with a modem.  That problem should be resolved in V2.0.10.23, so, what you should do is request .23, which is outlined below.  Do you have something other than a D-Link router?  If so, can you specify the make and model number so that this can be examined.  

To request V2.0.10.23, have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting an earlier trial version.  In your case, its the same procedure, just a different modem and firmware version.  

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message. The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem. The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.  Put "Request V2.0.10.23 for CODA-4582" in the message title.  That might take a day or two to load onto your modem. That will also place your modem on the trials list, so that updated versions of the firmware will be loaded when it becomes available, instead of waiting for the network wide general release. 

Edit:  I see that the issue has been resolved.  If you interested in the trial version, don't hesitate to request it.  Here's the change log and issues log:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/331...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/392...

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks very much!! I will certainly look into that as well. Smiley Happy Glad to be up and running. On the 100u plan and my old speed on the CGN2 was about 60ish dl. Up to a about 120 now which is more than advertised. A happy camper. Smiley Tongue
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@timfolkins 

@timfolkins wrote:

.19 was bliss for me.

.23 has been a nightmare.

I'm now down to 2h reboots in order to get the signal levels back to normal.

As a reference note - all was great on my 250 plan - rock solid.

Do you experience any issues when the signal levels change? or is this strictly a cosmetic thing? I'm on .23 and haven't had any issues, in fact it fixed a lot of issues I was having with .19

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes - download speeds decrease from 900+ to 15

So I'm glad .23 was great for you. For me... it's been back to dial-up.

Signal levels (downstream) go from a sweetspot +-1.0 to > -11

No 3.1 in my area yet.

This only started with .23

If it was cosmetic I wouldn't care in the least. But this is dismal.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@timfolkins wrote:

Yes - download speeds decrease from 900+ to 15

So I'm glad .23 was great for you. For me... it's been back to dial-up.

Signal levels (downstream) go from a sweetspot +-1.0 to > -11

No 3.1 in my area yet.

This only started with .23

If it was cosmetic I wouldn't care in the least. But this is dismal.

Have you tried swapping the modem or sending a PM to @CommunityHelps to see if they can remove you from the Beta program and put you back on .19?

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow .. Finally .. Modem went down for 10min and came back up .. Logged in and guess what ?? DOCSIS 3.1 !!!!

North Brampton 

CODA Black Dot .23 FW Bridge to Asus RT-87U on Asus DDWRT-Merlin

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png