Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@Datalink I see. So it is part of the CODA device? That is odd. I am currtenly connected to it thru telnet and it has a Poky linux distro in it. I will try to factory reset it then.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

@soundwave80 wrote:
Can anyone from Rogers chime in here and give us a update on what's going on with this second recall?

Modems are not being recalled per say, we simply asked stores to return their current inventory so that we can perform additional testing on these modems.

We are replacing them with fully tested "black-dot" modems. Customers that already received their unit will not need to return them (unless they are experiencing an issue with the one they have).

Dave

So in other words, if a rogers store is issuing a black dot modem as of today - it's guaranteed to be from a new, properly tested/fixed stock?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, thats interesting, the ports aren't closed off, allowing you to use telnet, very interesting indeed.  Thats a different situation.  I was thinking that if you were using a Windows network scan and seeing the Cougermountain ARM processor that would be unusual. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink Yes it is interesting. I am using an Android App to check connected devices in my network and reported it got 4 services runnning 23, 111, ,139 and 445 services. I will try to fatory reset it later.

I'm a Regular

No I think there all good including the ones that first came out
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink Already factory reset the modem and the device still exist. First I am detecting it as a WPS service then I turned off the WPS and it changes to COUGARMOUNTAIN hostname. Telnet is still open. I am using Android Fing app to scan the network

@RogersDave Could you please check my modem and see if it is a possible to add it as an open issue of the hardware.

I've Been Here Awhile

I see Cougarmountain in Fing as well on my Android phone, on 192,168,254

Netbios Domain Hiron, Netbios Name cougarmountain  Netbios Role Fileserver

I Plan to Stick Around

I recall Dave saying that Cougarmountain is the arm cpu used in the modem and it's not an issue, however after the phantom wifi band on the previous ACR modems that has not been fixed yet and is seriously affecting the wifi performance according to some reports -- I would not be surprised to find out something other "phantom" on this new hitron. Smiley Indifferent

I Plan to Stick Around

I see. I am not the only one having this issue. Now my modem keeps restarting and I don't know if someone from Rogers is checking it.

I'm a Regular

Yea the happ to me last night when we where all on we all got disconnected for no reason looked at modem no lights on then back on I asked rogersdave if there was any work being done he said no
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.