Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 43

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@VivienM wrote:

(That being said, I should point out that my 4582 has been perfectly reliable in bridge mode. The only Rogers CPE I've had real problems with was my CGN3ACSMR which had to go on the beta firmware for the Casa CMTS-related crash.)


Not perfect. TP-Link C2600 cannot get an IP when CODA is in bridge mode, D-Link also.

There was no issue with the previous modem. With the .20 firmware, this is not yet fixed.

I'm a Regular
Posts: 873

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

I have the Tplink archer c7 router would that work with the coda once in bridgemode ?
Network Architect
Network Architect
Posts: 611

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@soundwave80 wrote:
Can anyone from Rogers chime in here and give us a update on what's going on with this second recall?

Modems are not being recalled per say, we simply asked stores to return their current inventory so that we can perform additional testing on these modems.

 

We are replacing them with fully tested "black-dot" modems. Customers that already received their unit will not need to return them (unless they are experiencing an issue with the one they have).

 

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 43

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@lethalsniper wrote:
I have the Tplink archer c7 router would that work with the coda once in bridgemode ?

could you try it? the issue is the router cannot connect to the Internet since it cannot get an IP address. You can check in the LAN setting of the C7, if set to dynamic IP, it should show the IP otherwise just 0.0.0.0


 



 

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 98

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

RogersDave has posted up a thread for current outstanding issues and possible fixes on upcoming firmware releases posted here: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3928...

 

He updates the first post - read it thoroughly and if there is an outstanding issue that is no listed on the first page then post up a reply in that thread and just be patient.

 

I am sure the Rogers architecture team is huge but they all have different responsibilities in different areas of the company just like any other org.  I understand how people can be frustrated but at least I know my issue is being looked at and will be posted on the next up coming firmware release .21

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 207

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@14N wrote:

@lethalsniper wrote:
I have the Tplink archer c7 router would that work with the coda once in bridgemode ?

could you try it? the issue is the router cannot connect to the Internet since it cannot get an IP address. You can check in the LAN setting of the C7, if set to dynamic IP, it should show the IP otherwise just 0.0.0.0


 



 

Thanks


Archer C7 works fine with the CODA modem i can personally vouch for its functionality. 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 43

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@Jeffj wrote:

@14N wrote:

@lethalsniper wrote:
I have the Tplink archer c7 router would that work with the coda once in bridgemode ?

could you try it? the issue is the router cannot connect to the Internet since it cannot get an IP address. You can check in the LAN setting of the C7, if set to dynamic IP, it should show the IP otherwise just 0.0.0.0


 



 

Thanks


Archer C7 works fine with the CODA modem i can personally vouch for its functionality. 


with TP-link firmware or flashed with Open-WRT/DD-WRT? What is your coda, the one with black dot? The ones reported to have issue with coda is TP-Link C2600 with the first coda, it might be the same as the one with black dot since both have the same firmware.

 

Thanks

I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 623

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@RogersDave

 

My CODA white dot, no issues since day 1, no missing channel no problem with wifi, no issues with speed.

Latency is normal ( for a hiltron modem with rogers routing on D3.0) 

 

So glad to hear I can keep it and keep receiving firmwares updates along with D3.1 eventually and it can only get better at this point.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 39

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

I got a cougarmountain device that is connected to my network running 4 services and got an IP out of dhcp range 192.168.0.254. I am not sure what device is this. Anyone know what is this? I got the CODA modem in gateway mode.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 6,284

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@hptouchdroid13, Cougarmountain is the ARM processor in the chipset.  Its interesting that you can actually see that.  You could try a factory reset to see if that changes the end results.