Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Well goodbye ASUS RT-AC86U.

You had lot of promises, but....but you keep dropping Wifi signal few times in a day and that was your basic job for a mid-range router.

So back you go and my search for a good router continues. Might have to give the TP Link Archer a try or just get a replacement and give AC86U another chance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nav2004 try this for the 86U wifi settings:

I'm assuming that you're already using WPA-2, AES for the encryption setting.

For the 2.4 Ghz Professional settings, set the following:

Roaming Assistant:  Disable

Bluetooth Coexistence:  Disable

Optimize AMPDU aggregation:  Enable

Airtime Fairness:  Disable
Multi-User MIMO:  Disable
Explicit Beamforming:  Disable
Universal Beamforming:  Enable

For the 5 Ghz General Setting:

Channel Bandwidth:  20/40/80

Control Channel:  149   (For higher output power in the higher channels)
Extension Channel:  Auto

For the 5 Ghz Professional Settings:

Roaming Assistant:  Disable

Bluetooth Coexistence:  Disable

Optimize AMPDU aggregation:  Enable

Airtime Fairness:  Disable
Multi-User MIMO:  Disable  (Assuming that you have no MU-MIMO devices in the home)
802.11ac Beamforming:  Enable  (Assuming that you have 802.11ac devices in the home)
Universal Beamforming:  Enable

Give those a try and see if they make any difference.  Of course, you might already have those set.  Next step would be to check out the wifi environment to see who you're competing with.  Are you running stock firmware or Merlin's Asuswrt?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

It has been a while since my last post here but whenever in trouble I know where to turn and look for answers.

Recently I have upgraded my internet 500u package to gigabit speed. The wired speed definitely is in the range of 700-900mb/s while wireless is more likely around 500-700ish if lucky...

I am currently using the Hitron CODA-4582U (1A) modem with the firmware v. 2.0.10.36T4...and it has been OKAY, not the best thing out there, but I notice a lot of signal drops from time to time, same as speed on and off.

Now I realized rogers has rolled out the new "Ignite" modem which I believe is  the Arris XB6 Advanced Wi-Fi Modem.

Has anyone encountered any difference? is it better? same? worse?

All my devices at home are connected wirelessly. (only use a wired connection to test things).

Any help would be appreciated it if its work switching the modem.

Thanks everyone!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Coda 4582 Bridging Issues

Got a new package recently and had to swap from the old CGN3  to the new one.  I tried bridging the connection by turning off the gateway residential setting so that I could use my own router instead. The connection works for like a couple of mins I would say around 5 before the internet cuts off. When this happens all the lights are still lit on the modem. I swapped the modem for a new one and had the same issue. I also factory reset my router in case it was some setting that was causing it. My router is a Asus AC68U.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lyfe12 wrote:

Coda 4582 Bridging Issues

Got a new package recently and had to swap from the old CGN3  to the new one.  I tried bridging the connection by turning off the gateway residential setting so that I could use my own router instead. The connection works for like a couple of mins I would say around 5 before the internet cuts off. When this happens all the lights are still lit on the modem. I swapped the modem for a new one and had the same issue. I also factory reset my router in case it was some setting that was causing it. My router is a Asus AC68U.

Keep the modem in gateway mode for a day and see if the connection still drops. This will rule out the Rogers modem, or your Asus

I Plan to Stick Around

I went to Rogers today to try and swap my old CGN router to this one (checked of course to see if it was in stock, it was) and I was denied the upgrade. Is it only for new activations? I was under the impression my 150u plan was eligible? The rep said I would need a work order for them to process me one. I’m a little bit confused.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am not able to logon to CODA-4582U modem, using default user ID / password.  Can I have the User ID / password for this model?

Hi @WBarras & @TNR,

@WBarras, I realize the CODA modem has been quite popular with many of our customers.

When it comes to swapping your modem at the store, a work order is needed if swapping to a different model, so this would apply in your situation. If it is a "like for like" modem swap (same model), and your plan or promotion isn't changing, then no work order is required.

Please note that the CODA modem requires you to have a minimum of Ignite 500u internet or higher. Is there a specific reason you wanted to swap to a CODA modem? As the rocket modem and Advanced Wi-Fi modem should work fine if you have our Ignite 150u internet package.

@TNR, welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

If you have setup your Wi-Fi network using EasyConnect the default Username remains the same (cusadmin), but the Password that you need to use is the same as the Wi-Fi passphrase that you use to connect to your Wi-Fi Network.

Keep the Community updated if you continue to experience issues using those credentials!

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a question about this.

The CODA (Puma 7 Modem)

Is the best modem you offer outside of the one bundled with Ignite TV.

Why is there this artificial limitation put in place locking its use only the the Higher Tier plans. There is no technical reason that the lower tier's can't use it.

And for me personally I would never use the service with anything lower.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just got the CODA-4582 modem, never had it before, can someone please take a look at my signals? I only have 1 upstream channel is that normal? I thought there are supposed to be 3? Also what do the colors mean on the front LEDs? My downstream is purple and upstream LED is green.

The modem is in bridge mode atm. And I lost signals completely (modem rebooted itself) 2 times in 3 days.

Firmware version is 2.0.10.34T6.

There is an attenuator installed from a previous tech visit, however that was when I had the CGN3 modem.