Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

I don't know what happening with my service. As I mentioned in my  previous replies about my issue. I contacted technical support again and they told me let's swap a new modem. I did it but the problem still happen again. I'm tired of that. :(Woman Sad

Unknown.png

Unknown2.jpg

I Plan to Stick Around

Similar problem over the last 4 days for me too. Tech service set up a case number to monitor my performance. When I called this morning for an update they informed me issue was identified as a software update problem with the modem and that they would be pushing out an update to resolve the issue for me and many others with same problem, probably over the next day or so. Hopefully this solves the issue because it's a real pain, I need a stable and well performing connection

I Plan to Stick Around

Folks, Rogers support is extremely fragmented - even their head office isn't in the loop.

This is a direct quote from Facebook chat, who as far as I've seen, are the most candid and informed of all of the different touch points you can have with Rogers:

---

I did take about 10 minutes to read the work ticket for the incident that is affecting our network in New York and can tell you that there was a small explosion and fire in a manhole that carries our main internet fibres through New York. Though this happened back on Thursday, there was a couple of days that the environment was not cleared to be worked in due to toxic conditions, since then, a lot of work is being done by several companies all awaiting their turns in this manhole. The splicing of the fibre lines continues today as it has for the past couple of days as the majority of our traffic could not be rerouted. The repair does look like it's still at least a couple days out.

---

You're wasting your time engaging with support right now. There's nothing they can do.

I Plan to Stick Around

status update - still disconnecting several times a day.

Two service visits over the weekend and modem swapped, no improvement. This morning woke up, internet down, reboot modem. Rinse and repeat several times a day!

The last service visit was yesterday, tech ordered maintenance on the external box on street in front of my home. He thinks that should resolve the issue since apparently two other homes in my visinity experiencing similar internet disruptions. He could not do the maintenance himself, needed to call in maintenance crew.

Not sure when the maintenance will be done, some time soon I hope!

I've Been Here Awhile

So I upgraded to this due to upgrade to 500u service. Worked for about 6 weeks and started having problems. Internet will work for a while after a modem reboot for example in the evening but in the morning all wired devices would be dead. Not using their wireless.

1. I was using a R700 router behind it and started having issues. Rogers refused to help as they said it is the router. The router has been functioning for 3 years with no problems.

2. Tried with a ASUS AC1750 brand new router. Same issues. Again no help from Rogers.

3. Added a switch behind the modem. Still same problem. Rogers again blaming the switch. 

4. Swapped the modem yesterday. Started using their wireless. 2 Devices connected wirelessly and 2 hard wired into the modem. Everything works but 45 mins later everything disconnects. Almost like the modem went to sleep.

5. Rogers updated the firmware last night. Still no resolution.

So my question is how can Rogers just say only thing connected to the modem is supported. This is not possible in real world. Netgear R7000, Asus 1750 and 2 switches show the same issue. 

So frustrated. The first level support is useless.

I Plan to Stick Around

i'm in bridge mode with a R7000 though  i'm using Asus WRT firmware on it not netgear stock. And I have no stability issues and go months with uptime until I decide to do a firmware upgrade on the router.

If you are having the same issues with the CODA in gateway mode then something else is going on there.

For the wired device have you checked the lan cables or swapped them?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@doonboy can you log into the modem, navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN tab, copy the signal level table, from the first Downstream line all the way to the bottom of the OFDM upstream data and paste that into a post.  Ignore the upper modem specific data table.  The copy and paste process will paste in the text contents of the table.  Lets start with that and see if any problem is blatantly evident. 

I Plan to Stick Around

The maintenance I mentioned above appears to have resolved the issue. My internet has been stable for a couple of days. Hopefully it stays that way 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply. After 4 modem exchanges and Rogers not doing anything I went back to Rocket modem and it has been solid for the last 2 days.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Personal opinion, that indicates that there is some issue with the OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiplexing) channel between the CMTS and the modem.  The use of OFDM should result in better performance, however, a lot can happen over the span of 192 Mhz.  As modem users, we don't have the tools available to judge the performance of the OFDM channel, beyond a simple speed test.  In cases such as yours, where something is obviously going wrong, the end user is hooped and completely reliant on the techs to solve the problem.  I've already pointed out to @RogersSergio that OFDM performance such as what you experienced is an issue for a good number of customers.  No OFDM, no problem.  That pretty well sums it up.  Rogers is going to have to improve its oversight of the OFDM channels to detect problematic areas, and spend the necessary resources to correct the problems.