Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

What is the main difference between the U series and the previous version?

updates to 3.1?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The U series is not branded with the Rogers logo, etc, etc.  Other than that, its the same modem.  

Highlighted
I've Been Around

New Modem- Ports limit to 100M

The ports on my Modem are limited to 100M, not giving me the ability to go to 1000M, 

I have tested with devices confirmed of 1000M crossover to eachother. 

MY switch is a 1000M tested and confirmed, the old Modem work on the switch at 1000M, 

Is there a backdoor to alter it? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Datalink

I had looked about and couldn't detect much difference

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm using production FW on this modem. When I switch Gateway feature off, Rogers server assigns a new IP to my 3rd party gateway router, which is from a different slow IP pull compare to the internet IP assigned to the modem in Gateway mode. As a result, Rogers Speed Test shows internet speed dropped twice below the original level. Once I switch the modem back to Gateway mode, it gets its original IP from Rogers server, and speeds increases back twice, despite my router is still hooked to the modem-router, so nothing else changes on LAN. My question is, why my 3rd party router gets an IP from a slow pull, and how I can trigger hand over of the modem gateway IP to it when switching Gateway feature off, or at least an IP from the same fast pull?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@arnym21 when you get these slower speeds, are you connected to the router or to the modem, and how are you connected? (WiFi or Ethernet cable?). If the speeds you are experiencing are when you are connected to the router, it is likely that you need to reboot the router after you turn off gateway mode.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I even factory reset the router to no avail. Connected both ways via wired Ethernet PC adapters - directly to the router, and to the modem. All adapters shown twice slower speed once I switched gateway off on the modem. The IP pull changed to totally different range. Once I activated Gateway on the modem, the IP range was back and the speeds too after yet another router and also modem factory reset.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@arnym21 what router do you have?  

When you have modem in Bridge mode, is the router running in full router mode?

When the modem is running in Gateway mode, is the router running in full router mode again, or as an Access Point?

Do you have IPV6 enabled in the router for either modem mode, Gateway or Bridge mode? 

Edit:  the change in external WAN address for the router is understandable.  When the modem is in Gateway mode and the router is running in full router mode, the router's external WAN address will be some address from the modem's IP pool.  When you change the modem to Bridge mode, the router's external WAN address will be as assigned by the Cable Modem Termination System.  There should be no change in the observed data rates unless there is a setting in the router that is causing slow rates when the modem is running in Bridge mode.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm trying to get the speeds I subscribed to on a Gigabit sub, so testing various configs in only wired setup for now. The router is configured in full router mode in both cases, and in reviews this model gives 960Mbps wired full duplex with optimized settings. Its not really a router issue, but either modem FW issue in Bridged mode, or Rogers IP pool segmented by broadband speed brackets. I should clarify the router in modem Bridged mode is assigned IP by CMTS from 98 range, while the modem in Gateway mode from 140 range, and these ranges seems to have different max speed limits on Rogers network. It may be a security or marketing measure, since Rogers doesn't offer G-subs to TPIA, and probably segregates its network accordingly, looking for certain MACs at IP assignment. Or it may be modem FW issue, but IPs are assigned by CMTS anyway. Another reason it may be a handshake issue possibly due to router FW less compatible with Rogers network. I noticed that when it struggled to negotiate speed with the modem on Port 1, so I had to set it manually.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, but, what router model is it?