Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Why would I need to purchase it to begin with? I'm surprised you pay so little attention to the question before giving comments like this. Smiley Surprised

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@arnym21 wrote:

Why would I need to purchase it to begin with? I'm surprised you pay so little attention to the question before giving comments like this. Smiley Surprised

You asked if there is another modem for gigabit, that is cheaper to rent but faster. I thought you meant to purchase, because I haven't heard of anyone asking for a cheaper but faster modem before. Regardless there is only two modems for Gigabit: CGN3ACSMR or CODA 4582. Both cost the same to rent, the CODA is faster because it uses DOCSIS 3.1, so less latency and uses OFDM. 

Those are the only two modems, both will provide 960Mb/s over Ethernet when used in bridge mode, or gateway mode. 

Hello @arnym21,

I totally understand why you'd be interested in purchasing the modem outright to avoid monthly rental fees. Regrettably, our Gateway Modems are not available to purchase outright.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Can someone please tell how to set the CODA to use a router for wired/wireless. I just want to use the Coda as a modem. I tried disabling both wireless and disable Residential gateway and that does not give a signal to the router. Asus RT-AC1750

What exactly else should I be doing? Should I have to change setting at DCHP. I'm looking for a clear cut answer just to get the wired/wireless thru the router to prevent disconnection of the WiFE  (that's right you read it correctly) Wireless work whenever it feels like. Very Frustrating.

Back In the day when I had my SB5100 and Linksys WRTGN, they would run for years without ant issue. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Menthol, to run the modem in Bridge mode only:

1.  Log into the modem, navigate to the BASIC .... GATEWAY FUNCTION tab.

2.  Disable the Residential Gateway Function.

3.  Save the setting.

The modem will reboot into Bridge mode.

4.  If you're arriving from another ISP or from another modem, run a factory reset on the router to clear out the previous settings that were used with the previous modem. 

5.  After the factory reset, reboot the router with the ethernet cable connected from the modem's bottom port to the WAN port of the router.  

The router should pick up its IP address from the modem after the router reboot is complete. 

Have a look at the back of the modem, specifically the connected port LED.  It should be flashing amber indicating a 1 Gb/s connection with the router.  A green flashing LED indicates a 10/100 Mb/s connection. Those colours as used on the Hitron modems appear to be backwards when compared to every other device in use. 

If for some reason, you can see via the connected port LED that the modem and router are communicating at 1 Gb/s as expected, but, the router doesn't pick up an IP address, leave the router powered up and restart the modem.  Pull the power from the modem, and 10 to 15 seconds later plug it back in to force a restart.  I've noticed on my 4582 that plugging a pc into the modem, with the modem up and running in Bridge mode, results in no IP address on the pc.  So a modem restart usually resolves that.  The restart shouldn't be required, but, it appears that there is some issue these days with the DHCP server in the modem.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you kind Sir. I was using the top port. I guess you always have to start at the bottom and work your way up...lol.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is anyone able to confirm that Rogers is still experiencing this weird issue of people not being able to activate their new modems? 

I upgraded my internet service last week and was told to get the new modem in order to experience the higher speeds.  I got this modem Sunday afternoon and have been without internet access since then.  The Rogers tech support person I spoke with over the phone said it was a Rogers issue and would be resolved in 24 hrs or so.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, I switched my modem out on Saturday and didn't get connected to the internet again until this morning sometime... Wasn't super impressed about that. I heard some people are still having issues.

That being said @RogersDave how do I go about having my old modem removed from the beta trials and this new one added on?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@MegnaGaming

You can send your new modem MAC address and S/N to Dave via private message. It looks like Dave is busy right now so I'm hoping by Friday he can get caught up with the community. 

For the users who switched from their older modems to the new white CODA-4582U modem, are you currently on an unlimited plan, or are you on a capped plan? It seems that Rogers is trying to migrate a lot of users from the older CGN modems to the new ones due to the great benefits that DOCSIS 3.1 has (lower latency, is more resilient to noise, and increased bandwidth so gigabit users can easily hit 940Mbps). OFDMA is on it's way so there is more benefits with that.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes got a new U series yesterday, old one was acting up .

When I got new one home it wouldn't sync up. 

Called in, opened ticket was told would be a delay on the new modems startup.

Last night around 11:30ish it synced up.

All Good now running bridged with router on it