Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Any idea when the firmware newer than 2.0.10.27 will be release? What if we want to revert to an older firmware? The current issue of not being able to use the Guest network is very annoying as now I'm left with using my primary network for guests. As well, is this issue fixed for modems that have the black dot since it does not work for mine? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

One mroe question... If the next firmware resolves all my issues, can I remain on that firmware and opt out of future beta releases? It is great that the slow file browsing issue got resolved but now I'm dealing with no Guest network access and am tired of this firmware lottery.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hucklebury wrote:

I have read in another post that there is another Coda with 2 black dots available. Is this correct and does anyone know what the changes are?

single black dot or 2 black dot there is no difference, it was just a logistics thing... The hardware is all the same. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@David161 you can go back to production firmware .26T2 by doing a factory reset on your CODA modem. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@David161 you can opt out of the Trial Firmware Program at any time, but, all that will happen is that your modem will update to the production firmware whenever that version is released.  That will continue in the future whenever there are updates of the production firmware. 

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@David161 I have no idea when 2.0.10.27 will be released, but it should be within the next 2-3 weeks. If you're on 2.0.10.26T2 you cannot revert to an older firmware. HOWEVER, if you are on the trial version of 2.0.10.27 and want to revert to the network version, 2.0.10.26T2 you can reset the modem by pressing the reset pin at the back of the modem for 10 seconds and then release.

The issue with guest network does not effect if you have the black-dot modem. It is a firmware issue which means that users with 2.0.10.26T2 and above will still experience the issue nontheless. 

If you don't have the black dot modem, I would take the time to switch it out for one of the black-dot ones just to ensure that you have the shielding in place. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks guys for the quick answers.

I prefer to confirm myself and proceeded to downgrade to 2.0.10.26T2 with the reset button at the back of the modem. Sure enough, the issue still persists.

So, I guess I'll have to try and find a modem with the black dot 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@David161 I'm pretty sure your local Rogers store has them in stock. If you have time, just pop into one for an exchange. You should be in and out of there in no time Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So, silly question time..

I factory reset my modem because I saw I wasn't getting the IPv6 address, and saw some recommendations to do so. After the restart I see that I have one now but the issue became when I went to IPv6-test.com and it said that my IPv6 address was unreachable.

It may help knowing that on my Archer C3200 I have everything set to IPv6, and to automatically detect the IP, but I was reading somewhere that if the IPv6 gateway had the prefix fe80:... or so on, that it wouldn't be able to connect to anything which is what I have in this case. Should I give Rogers a call or is there something I can try doing?

I'm also on the 2.0.10.26T2 if that's any help. 

- Hiitchy
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hiitchy, can you flip the modem into Gateway mode, log into the modem and check the STATUS page to determine if both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses are present in the upper right hand corner of the Status data which is the WAN IP address block.  If there is no IPV6 address present, that should be reported to @RogersDave so that he can pass this on to the network engineering staff to look at.  If that is the case, please send Dave a pm with your Modem's MAC address. 

If you have an IPV6 address present, run the same test at ipv6-test.com to see what turns up.  Then run an IPV6 trace to google:  tracert -6 www.google.com

That trace should run all the way to google.  If it hangs anywhere and times out, please send Dave your Modem's MAC address and the trace.  To copy the trace, right click on the Command box title bar and select .... Edit ... Select All.  Then right click again and select .... Edit .... Copy.  Then you can paste that into the message. 

When thats all done, flip the modem back into Bridge mode .... done.