Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dminkin
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Yes. I signed up for 50 megs and now getting 30. Called them yesterday but they playing they have no clue. Any idea who to complain to ?
dminkin
I'm Here A Lot

my ping got better
dminkin
I'm Here A Lot

yes they did. but why nobody complains? they cut a half of your upload speed but your bill remains the same
chrisky6
I've Been Around

Hi there!

I can't seem to find the option to enable the USB port on the Hitron CODA-4582 modem. I am using software version 2.0.10.24. Any idea how I can turn it on? I was using the USB port on the previous modem for network attached storage and my back ups are pending! 🙂

Thanks!

Chris

Gullyrat
I've Been Around

I am being asked for a coda login and a server verification
What does this mean and how do I fix it

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@chrisky6 

@chrisky6 wrote:

Hi there!

I can't seem to find the option to enable the USB port on the Hitron CODA-4582 modem. I am using software version 2.0.10.24. Any idea how I can turn it on? I was using the USB port on the previous modem for network attached storage and my back ups are pending! 🙂

Thanks!

Chris

My understanding is it's not yet enabled in the current firmware. 

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@Gullyrat

@Gullyrat wrote:

I am being asked for a coda login and a server verification
What does this mean and how do I fix it

when are you being asked this? when you goto: 192.168.1.1 to login to the gateway? you shouldn't be asked any server verification since the login page isn't encrypted. 

Indubitably
I Plan to Stick Around

So my downstream light is light blue and I think 3.1 is disabled, but I see an ofdm downstream? Also I think it's causing my pihole to malfunction? Wi-Fi devices aren't​ being filtered but ethernet devices are. The modem has been power cycled over 6 times today so that doesn't seem to work. Firmware is 24

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@Indubitably 

@Indubitably wrote:

So my downstream light is light blue and I think 3.1 is disabled, but I see an ofdm downstream? Also I think it's causing my pihole to malfunction? Wi-Fi devices aren't​ being filtered but ethernet devices are. The modem has been power cycled over 6 times today so that doesn't seem to work. Firmware is 24

if you see a OFDM channel then you are on DOCSIS 3.1

The downstream channel should be light blue, and Upstream dark blue. Have you tried a factroy reset of the modem, or only Power Cycle? To factory reset use a pen tip to push and hold the reset button on the back of the modem for 10 seconds then release. The modem will reboot and you will have to go through setup again.

Indubitably
I Plan to Stick Around

I've both rebooted and factory reset it but it appears to be working well, I just thought the downstream light had to be purple for 3.1 to be activated