Did you mean: 

Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@SeanMM wrote:

Hello @VivienM

I was just trying to give slakster a hand.  I run my own internal DNS servers (primary and secondary) along with my own router.  By disabling the gateway functionality (putting it into bridge mode) I don't typically have the same issues.    I was trying to understand his setup.... connectivity issues vs network... 

Maybe you can give him a hand 🙂 

@slakster

Did you try changing your DNS servers.  The issue with the chromecast appears to be DNS related and would explain why I didn't see the issue.   Have a look at this thread... seems like it worked for both CGN3/2

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/199...

Hope it helps! 

I think one of us misread @slakster 's post. The way I read it, he/she was asking whether there were any known issues with Chromecasts on the 4582 similar to the issues that there were with the earlier gateways (in gateway mode). I did not read that post as indicating that he/she was currently having Chromecast troubles.

To answer the question as I understand it, I don't think we've seen any serious reports of Chromecast troubles on the 4582 in this forum. Lots of other problems reported with the 4582 but that was not one of them...

slakster
I've been here awhile

Thanks @SeanMM, changing the DNS made it work! 

slakster
I've been here awhile

Thank you @VivienM, That's what I was implying. I apologize for the confusion. @SeanMM helped my fix my chromecast problem for the CGN3/2. Saved me a trip to the rogers store. 

SeanMM
I plan to stick around

@slakster

WOOHOOO!! I'm happy it fixed your issue 🙂  Have a wonderful long weekend (Happy Family Day)

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@SeanMM

@SeanMM wrote:

I don't believe my issues are related to heat.  CGNM-3552 and CODA-4582 running on DOCSIS 3.0 had no issues sustaining 850Mbps down at any time of the day.  My CODA 4582 throughout the past month was hitting between 880-960Mbps.  After DOCSIS 3.1 I drops down to 0.3Mbps - 8Mbps.  I can't even use this connection.... -

My device is in bridge mode so that could be the reason I'm not having heat issues.  If the device was heat saturated a simple reboot wouldn't fix my issue.  It's re-instantiated its connections...  once the sync issue is hit… the device is dead in the water.

2        02/18/2017 04:00:00          84000500      critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=MYMAC;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:90:bd:18;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

3        02/18/2017 04:00:30          82000400      critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC= MYMAC;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:90:bd:18;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

4        02/18/2017 04:00:53          84000500      critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC= MYMAC;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:90:bd:18;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

5        02/18/2017 04:02:23          82000400      critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC= MYMAC;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:90:bd:18;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I would call tech supoort and ask them about the SYNC Errors, most likely you should be swapping that modem. Everytime there is a SYNC Error the connection from the Modem to CMTS drops. 

SeanMM
I plan to stick around

@gp-se

Thanks for the suggestion. 

It isn't the modem or the change to DOCSIS 3.1 wouldn't have been the impetus for change.  Actually since they've been kind enough to put me on 2.0.10.24 firmware the errors have gone away and it's been stable now for several hours.  Before I was lucky if I got between 45 - 1hr usage before needing to hard reboot the modem. 

You are correct that the SYNC would drop the connection.  This time around its because of firmware.  Someone else I know has the same issue and changed his modem several times.  It was finally a firmware change that corrected it...   I appear to be following the same path as him. 

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

they gave you an update recently??

I have replaced my modem twice in the alst two weeks, and they even replaced every piece of cable from my modem to the junction down the street and im still getting failures every few hours requiring me to reboot my modem mannually.

As of my call with tech support an hour ago, im still on software v

CODA-4582 Router - Hitron Technologies

recieveing this error like 5 to 7 times a day and having to reboot manually.. even on this now 3rd modem;

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;
    MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;

SeanMM
I plan to stick around

@WestPoint

You have a couple of options.  You can wait for @RogersDave who is probably overwhelmed with requests.  Or you can go to this posting: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315... and send a private message to @CommunityHelps and ask to join their beta program.  Once they update you past 2.0.10.19 then you are on beta.... and accept the risks. 

If you still don't get a response hit them up on facebook.  I've called support and they said they found no issues and did a factory reset.  Lasted all of 1 hour until I had to pull the power on the unit. 

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

wow crazy....

Yea mine lasted about 20min with a new modem today then i had to reboot.

LOL What if i dont want to be on the Beta list but I do want the stable firmware v.24?

Is that were I should msg @RogersDave and beg him to update it for me??
LOL im ready to crawl on my knees and cry if I have too, hahaha

SeanMM
I plan to stick around

@WestPoint

I feel your pain.  I'm on call 24/7/365 and need access to the internet.  I was lucky if I was getting 45 min without issues...

You can try begging @RogersDave or you can hit up @CommunityHelps... better yet.. why not both LOL 

I've been online 6 hours now since the update.  No issues... I'm hoping it's going to solve my problem... Or I'll give the modem to my Great Dane to eat. LOL

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

Awsome. LOL. I'll give mine to my German Sheppard as a chew toy... she'll destroy it in less than 5min, hahaha..

Yea I manage a small trucking and logsitics company and all my progams are server access and stuff, alot of the time, if I dont reboot my modem quick enough, I have to reboot my computer too so that my my SQL and VPN services all connect again. ether that or manually re-trigger them all which is just time consuming and annoying too.

And whats with these modems being WHITE??!?? Even on Hitrons website they are black.... 

My office has black monitors, black customs desk, black desktop tower, black keyboard & mouse...... now I've got this massive WHITE box on my desk looking all stupid like....

Anyways, LOL..

Ive got a support ticket in with the call centre already, but Ill send @RogersDave a msg aswell and see if I cant push this along abit.

Thanks for the info @SeanMM about the update being stable so far and what not, deffinently going to try and get this ASAP.

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@SeanMM

to anyone who is wonder about IPv6 and why its not working for there Xbox ; see the change log for the CODA modem below... please notice the NOTE at the bottom;

Hitron CODA Series

Models: CODA-4582
Current production firmware: 2.0.10.19 (general deployment); 2.0.10.24 (targeted deployment only)
Current trial firmware: 2.0.10.24

Version history
  • 2.0.10.13 (December 13, 2016)
    • Initial release
    • IPv6 disabled

• 2.0.10.14 (December 21, 2016) *
    • Improvement to 5 GHz WiFi
    • Fix to guest network

• 2.0.10.17 (December 23, 2016) *
    • Fix to handle degraded speeds due to external and/or WiFi interference
    • Improvement to 2.4 GHz WiFi
    • Improvement to 5 GHz WiFi
    • IPv6 handling of SLAAC temporary and secure addresses*
    • IPv6 ICMP improvement*

• 2.0.10.18 (December 23, 2016) *
    • Improvement to LAN switch port autonegociation protocol

• 2.0.10.19 (December 28, 2016) *
    • Minor change to internal management interface (not visible to customers)
    • Update to WiFi interference mitigation fix

• 2.0.10.20 (January 10, 2017) *
    • Improved flow control algorithm (handle wired devices at different speeds)
    • Improve XBOX NAT
    • WinMTR packet loss fix
    • Improve Switch Link Speed autodetection
    • Improvement to connected device list (not final fix)

• 2.0.10.22 (January 24, 2017) *
    • Security fix

• 2.0.10.23 (January 25, 2017) *
    • Fix: Unable to complete Easy Connect when using emojis in SSID or password
    • Fix: Samba and UPnP not working properly on WiFi
    • Fix: ICMP packet loss and WinMTR / PingPlotter reported packet loss
    • Fix: Bridge mode not working on certain 3rd party routers
    • Fix: DMZ host address can't be modified
    • Fix: WPS "cancel" button not working
    • Improvement: Switch setup menu now visible in GUI
    • Improvement: Connected device list contains more accurate data
    • Improvement: Addition on IPv6 specific firewall configuration (not complete)

• 2.0.10.24 (February 16, 2017) *
    • Tentative Fix: Slowly degrading speed over time
    • Tentative Fix: Latency build up over time

*IPv6 remains disabled on this modem until all modems are upgraded

@WestPoint

@WestPoint wrote:

they gave you an update recently??

I have replaced my modem twice in the alst two weeks, and they even replaced every piece of cable from my modem to the junction down the street and im still getting failures every few hours requiring me to reboot my modem mannually.

As of my call with tech support an hour ago, im still on software v

recieveing this error like 5 to 7 times a day and having to reboot manually.. even on this now 3rd modem;

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;
        MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;

Send @CommunityHelps a Message asking to be apart of the beta test.

.24 is actually very stable for a beta, and provides a lot of fixes compared to the public network wide release of .19

When you send them a PM asking for the firmware, make sure to provide them with your Rogers Account#, Modem Serial Number, and Modem MAC Address

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@SeanMM is your service still up?? or did you go down yet??

Ive still gone down 3 times since i was online earlier.....

Put in the request for the new firmware but it hasnt been pushed to me yet....

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@gp-se I dont even have .19, my modem is still on .13 and been up and down a bunch of times today and hasnt done any update

SeanMM
I plan to stick around

@WestPoint

Still going strong 🙂 

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@gp-se when i jsut went down about 30min ago, this was the DOCSIS log even;

MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@SeanMM NICEEEEE

NOW IM EXCITED MAN!!! 

User9425
I've been here awhile

I'm ready to go back to my CGN docsis 3.0 modem due to no IPV6 on the CODA.

Brainbug
I've been here awhile

Just wanting to thank RogersDave from the DSLReports forum here: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31262199-Rogers-CODA-4582-modem-now-available-Puma-7-Chipset

He provided a very quick and detailed response to a DHCP issue affecting the CODA-4582, to both myself and another member.

Very much appreciated (and on a Sunday Morning, no less)

SeanMM
I plan to stick around
Still running! 🙂