Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Hey thanks for the reply. Is it possible for me to be put on the beta firmware? If so, whoever handles that please count me in.

Thank you
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I Plan to Stick Around

Got internet installed yesterday, speeds were great till this morning. Pings went sky high, on a speed test would was hickuping big time, from 1 to 250 back to 10 or so, back to 200, back to not moving at all.  Reboot and back to normal. Still on .13

i guess crazy ride just starting for me Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tonytoronto After 24-48 hours the modem will update it's firmware to the latest network wide release which is version .19

You can try disabling the 2.4Ghz WiFi band and see if the speeds improve, as a troubleshooting step.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info. The modem ended up getting .23 this afternoon, so far so good, lets see what happens overnight.  The 2.4 radio was going to be my next step, already setting up a AP and  was going to leave wi-fi off in the CODA.

When it works, seems like decent router with decent Wi-Fi, hopefully big bugs will be fixed.

thanks again.

I Plan to Stick Around

ROGERS 4ms speed.jpgJust got DOCSIS 3.1 here in Whitby.. .23 firmware. Latency has nearly halved..

I'm a Senior Advisor

@coder_1990  Nice to see results reported from Whitby.  I too am from Whitby, and I have been waiting until there was some stability and a final beta moved to production, and even then I will wait a bit before considering moving up.

Nice to see though.  Congrats.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have same issue reboot needed 3 times daily. Call tech support daily swapped 

coda 4582 yesterday same problem. Plugged directly in wall old ignite modem rarely needed reboot. Could be a dual band issue 2.4 may cause interference.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

That's really promising, can't wait to get D3.1 in my area!

I Plan to Stick Around

Is .23 beta f/w or stable release?

I got .23 right now and ran a speedtest yesterday and noticed my speeds were consistent through the day in regards to hitting the roof at 750 (when I used to get 950) and then slowly decents to 625-650.  I would like to say I've had this f/w for a few days but it's hard to say.

Will the logs tell me when the f/w has been pushed to the modem?  I think I noticed some downtime Sunday evening figuring it was just the modem getting updated.