Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@nineiron wrote:

@gp-se wrote:

I have a WD My Cloud, I also cannot connect to my NAS using Windows Wifi, my MacBook Pro however will connect using Wifi without issue, however I think it's connecting with AFP instead of SMB. My PS4 Pro using LAN cable can connect to the NAS without issue. So it looks like a SMB Wifi issue.

@gp-se wrote:

@gp-se wrote:

I have a WD My Cloud, I also cannot connect to my NAS using Windows Wifi, my MacBook Pro however will connect using Wifi without issue, however I think it's connecting with AFP instead of SMB. My PS4 Pro using LAN cable can connect to the NAS without issue. So it looks like a SMB Wifi issue.

Just an update, I set my MacBook Pro to connect using SMB over WiFi, and I couldn't connect. So this issue is Operating System Indipendant. When I connect using AFP over WiFi it will connect, just no SMB over WiFi. Using my PS4 Pro over LAN I can connect to SMB. Does anyone know if the .20 firmware corrects this? I'm on Network Wide Release .19

how did you connect to your Samba share with the ps4?

my ps4 uses LAN, so Samba works. WiFi = no samba 😞

markopas
I plan to stick around

@Datalink wrote:

Modems with the black dot close to the power cord have additional shield installed over the Docsis tuner for EMI protection.  That Docsis tuner is probably this one:

http://www.maxlinear.com/maxlinear-mxl277-full-spectrum-capture-docsis-3-1-cable-receiver-amplifier-...

Anyone have pics of what I should be looking for (is there anything on the box to identify rather than pulling the modem out) and if nothing on the box then the modem itself. I called up the Rogers store but the rep didn't know what I was talking about.

@gp-se wrote:

@nineiron wrote:

@gp-se wrote:

@gp-se wrote:

@gp-se wrote:

Just an update, I set my MacBook Pro to connect using SMB over WiFi, and I couldn't connect. So this issue is Operating System Indipendant. When I connect using AFP over WiFi it will connect, just no SMB over WiFi. Using my PS4 Pro over LAN I can connect to SMB. Does anyone know if the .20 firmware corrects this? I'm on Network Wide Release .19

how did you connect to your Samba share with the ps4?

my ps4 uses LAN, so Samba works. WiFi = no samba 😞

ok, but what app (on the ps4) are you using to view the samba shares? i tried the media player app but it seems to only detect dlna servers.

majumder
I've been around

@gcw23: Try TCPOptimizer.  Set your NICs (specifically your wired LAN NIC) to "Optimal" config and reboot.  You should get more consistent gigabit performance.  I'm assuming you use Windows.  Windows, since inception, has "played safe" with hardware and drivers in that they never push a hardware's performance to the max by default.

@gcw23 wrote:

...  Gigabit is a different story.  Speeds all over the place, most of the time its below 200 down and 1-2 up. ...

yyzsam
I plan to stick around

coda4582-box.jpg

coda4582-box.jpg

fearless90
I plan to stick around
@markopas when I picked up my second one it did have the black dot on the outside box as well.

Hwaiting
I plan to stick around

Internet went down last night so I thought it was another firmware push but when I woke up this morning the firmware was the same but what did change is that Docsis 3.1 went live (Scarborough if anyone is interested to know).

Lumute
I plan to stick around

@Hwaiting wrote:

Internet went down last night so I thought it was another firmware push but when I woke up this morning the firmware was the same but what did change is that Docsis 3.1 went live (Scarborough if anyone is interested to know).

Were you having speed problems before? did you notice a diference in speed / service quality?

I am so hoping they upgrade my area soon...

Hwaiting
I plan to stick around

@Lumute wrote:

@Hwaiting wrote:

Were you having speed problems before? did you notice a diference in speed / service quality?

I'm only on Rogers 100 but I can't say that I really had any problems before.  Speedtest were always >100Mbps and pings were around 10ms (+/- a couple) before and so far after as well.  I'm tempted to upgrade speeds not I really need to though.  What I find interesting and this really doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand is that my lower linkspeed tablet speed results are usually in the 190Mbps range where as my higher linkspeed PC results are usually in the 130Mbps range.  Not sure why my tablet always get the higher speeds.  Both are on AC.

RyzenFX

@Hwaiting wrote:

@Lumute wrote:

@Hwaiting wrote:

I'm only on Rogers 100 but I can't say that I really had any problems before.  Speedtest were always >100Mbps and pings were around 10ms (+/- a couple) before and so far after as well.  I'm tempted to upgrade speeds not I really need to though.  What I find interesting and this really doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand is that my lower linkspeed tablet speed results are usually in the 190Mbps range where as my higher linkspeed PC results are usually in the 130Mbps range.  Not sure why my tablet always get the higher speeds.  Both are on AC.

Not sure if this applies to you but do you play some video games? Have you noticed an improvement in latency in some games and applications?

That's something I want to know my self we do a lot of online gaming on Xbox one and hope the latency is better

Hwaiting
I plan to stick around
Sorry, I've got consoles (PS4, Nvidia Shield Android TV), but I don't play online so I don't have a baseline to compare against. What's the best way to measure latency? Is it via ping? My pings were always pretty good before and so far after also (consistently around 10 +/- one or two).

RyzenFX

Honestly, sometimes some games don't give you a ping (just a bar meter) so it'll be hard measuring the amount of latency, but I'd say judge the latency by the responsiveness of the games when you are in an online session. This also applies to PC games, but you can also run speedtests on the rogers speedtest site. For reference, I'm on 100u (DOCSIS 3.0) and I average a ping of 10ms and jitter of 3ms.

Sergio7
I've been here awhile
Hi, I was advised by Tech Support to join this conversation to get a firmware upgrade. Currently I have .21 and need the latest .22 I believe. Please let me know when this is done, Thanks.

??  The latest firmware version out for the:

1.  CODA-4582 (big white modem) is V2.0.10.20

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31135913-

2.  CGN3ACSMR is V4.5.8.27

3.  CGNM-3552 is V4.5.8.20 (possibly .19)

Can  you confirm which modem you have as seen by the product sticker at the back of the modem:  CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR, CGN3ACSMR, CGNM-3552 ?

fearless90
I plan to stick around
Any reason I've been suck on .19 for a while? I am also part of the beta program...

Most likely because Dave has been very busy and hasn't had the time to marry up the trials list with the returned modem list so that he can push the latest version out to your new modem.  Can't do everything at the same time as they say.

fearless90
I plan to stick around
Recalled for what reasons?

For what just got mine yesterday why has it been recalled

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Can @RogersDave confirm they are indeed defective?

Hybrid_Noodle
I plan to stick around
This does not make any sense why there would be a recall on it without any notices or information out.