Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@josh_assad

That is because the USB at the back of the modem is not yet enabled. It will be enabled in a future version, but I'm not sure when. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Good to know...but very frustrating since the only reason I upgraded modems was to deal with my old one resetting itself when accessing USB storage.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fearless90 wrote:
Also I am not sure why the 5ghz channel doesn't have the same signal strength as the 2.4. On top of that the 2.4 doesn't even support ac... I can't wait to get the new beta firmware and put the modem into bridge mode. My Asus AC68U is getting dusty.

5Ghz is faster but has shorter distance that 2.4Ghz, so if long range is important you need to use the slower 2.4Ghz Channel.

2.4Ghz maximum support is Wireless N at 300mb/s

5Ghz maximum support is Wireless AC at 1300mb/s

This is Industry standard and has nothing to do with Rogers or Hitron.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@josh_assad wrote:

Has anyone tried the USB storage on one of these yet?  I just got mine today and it doesn't detect anything I plug into the USB port.  I've tried an external HDD enclosure that supports USB3.0, as well as a thumbdrive. 

I've checked to make sure that 'shared status' is enabled in USB Storage in the admin console.  When I click 'refresh' it doesn't detect any drives.  Also the USB light is not coming on on the front of the unit when I plug in USB drives.

What modem do you have? My CODA on .19 doesn't show the USB options like my old CGN3 3552 did. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se wrote:

@josh_assad wrote:

Has anyone tried the USB storage on one of these yet?  I just got mine today and it doesn't detect anything I plug into the USB port.  I've tried an external HDD enclosure that supports USB3.0, as well as a thumbdrive. 

I've checked to make sure that 'shared status' is enabled in USB Storage in the admin console.  When I click 'refresh' it doesn't detect any drives.  Also the USB light is not coming on on the front of the unit when I plug in USB drives.

What modem do you have? My CODA on .19 doesn't show the USB options like my old CGN3 3552 did. 

Its a CODA-4582.  Hardware version 1A, Software version 2.0.10.13.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fearless90 I've had my CODA-4582 in Bridge mode since I picked it up a month ago.  Have you tried Bridge mode and had problems with it?  Just wondering why you're waiting to run Bridge mode and use your RT-AC68U, as I have been doing with my RT-AC68U?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The reason I am waiting is just because all the issues I am having. I had it in bridge mode for the first day and at first I thought the problem was my router so I decided to run without it.

If it helps troubleshoot I always get this event before the speed goes to 0 which forces me the reboot:

Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=Xxxxxxx. ;CMTS-MAC=Xxxxxxx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1

After reboot everything starts working normally for the next 3 hours or so.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

my speeds, these were solid speeds (no dips or spikes, went up right away to 950 and stayed there until the end of the test, same for upload.) not sure whats up but this is good!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@asharahmed which test is that?

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@eddiethefunnyon wrote:

Senior Technician visited yesterday and looked for any RF issues. He determined that some cheap RG6 cables were causing the majority of the interference that affected the modem. He replaced the cables for newer RG6 and swapped the modem and my signal levels are now between 1 and -2.5. 

Fast foward to today (Sunday) and I'm still affected by the interference issue. PingPlotter is showing packet loss from the modem and upload speed tests are fluctuating horribly. Checked my signal levels and they are all optimal on both the downstream and upstream. I honestly don't know what to do now... The CGN3ACSMR had a greater tolerence for interference than the CODA but why?

@RyzenFX, I just checked your modem and can confirm that there is no more interference issue affecting your modem.

I explained everything via PM but just to clarify to everybody, ICMP is still behaving strangely on this modem, especially with applications like WinMTR and PingPlotter. In both cases, it tend to report packet loss and/or high latency for intermediary nodes.

However, looking at the last node (the destination), there is generally no packet loss and a fairly stable latency. The problem is strictly cosmetic and due to a poor handling of short TTL ICMP packets. It is being addressed in the next version.

Dave