Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

I'm now on my 4th CODA-4582: 1 w/o dot, three with the black dot.

Like many others, my modem starts off fast, and then slows to a crawl and then no connection. Pull the plug to reboot and the speed goes up, only to drop off again over time. Bell was a dream by comparison.

-John

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

almost the same scenario here except i've had 3---2 w/o the black dot and i currently have 1 with the black dot. No real difference in all 3. They're supposedly coming to change my outdoor lines today. I can almost guarantee that won't make a difference. We'll see.

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@tsac1 wrote:

almost the same scenario here except i've had 3---2 w/o the black dot and i currently have 1 with the black dot. No real difference in all 3. They're supposedly coming to change my outdoor lines today. I can almost guarantee that won't make a difference. We'll see.

@tsac1, I didn't get a chance to look at your line statistics but based on the description of your symptoms, you seem to experience the speed degradation over time problem.

I've listed open issues for the CODA-4582 modem in this thread and update it every couple of days as soon as I receive updates from Hitron.

The speed degradation over time is currently the top priority on the list for Hitron and I will be requesting updates on Monday.

As soon as I receive a new firmware, I will be pushing it out to participants of the firmware trial program. To join the program, simply send a private message to @CommunityHelps with your modem MAC address and serial number.

Dave

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Same scenario here. On my fourth CODA. 3 without a black dot. Rogers tech came over and swapped to the new ones with the black dot. No difference at all. Speeds drop down to 10 Mbps reboot fixes it but drops down after a while again. So sick of this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same situation here, I have the black dot but didn't fix any issues... I am here rebooting the modem every 3 hours.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, thanks for that @RogersDave and I will prob sign up but I fear that one of those trial program updates will render my modem completely unusable. That most likely won't be the case, right? 

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@tsac1 wrote:

Ok, thanks for that @RogersDave and I will prob sign up but I fear that one of those trial program updates will render my modem completely unusable. That most likely won't be the case, right? 

Everything is possible, this is a test software after all. However, what I can tell you is that I performed thousands of upgrades as part of this program and only had a few (less than 5) cases where a modem required a swap due to an incorrect firmware.

There were cases where the new firmware caused more issues than it fixed but as part of the trial program, I always worked one on one with the impacted customers to flag the defect and downgrade their modem back to another version until their specific issue is addressed.

Dave

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

With all of these issues with Hitron, Rogers has got to be spending a pretty penny on support. Why not cut their losses with Hitron and move to a different vendor?
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@toolcubed wrote:
With all of these issues with Hitron, Rogers has got to be spending a pretty penny on support. Why not cut their losses with Hitron and move to a different vendor?

There is no one else who gets newer technology to the market as fast as Hitron. Hitron had 24-channel D3 Puma 6s months/years before others; I don't think anybody else really has a shipping D3.1 gateway, either...

More importantly: I suspect a lot of the bugs are in the common Intel-supplied code for the Puma 7 (or Puma 6 before that) chipset. Other manufacturers would be just as vulnerable to those bugs... and I even wonder if one reason other manufacturers have a better reputation is because THEY start shipping their product after Hitron/Hitron's customers have already identified the major bugs on the Intel end. 

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Easy fix just let us Rogers customers decide on what we want we are the ones who are supporting Rogers no ? Why can Rogers just allow us to use a standalone modem ?