FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersIan 

Please downgrade me back to 2.0.10.36T6 since there is probably no upgrade path from the current test image of 7.1.1.21 and testing an upgrade from this release is not beneficial.

Also, can we be notified as to when the new testing firmware is ready to be pushed to this community?  I can run several tests before hand so as to have a data set prior to the new code being pushed to us.

I'm a Regular

Im still waiting to be rolled back since Tuesday . Been getting slow download speeds of 100 mb or lower on a 1gb service on the previous firmware was getting 800mb @RogersIan how long does it take to put back ?
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like the firmware support team is ignoring us at the moment.  I am going to try a pin reset, which I assume will boot the modem with the shipping version of the firmware, then wait for a production update to 2.0.10.36T6.  We shouldn't get the 7.1.1.21 code back as they have halted the rollout.  I will let you know if I was successful.

I need to get back to production firmware as I can confirm version 7.1.1.21 messes up my WiFi smart devices due to the 2.4Ghz broadcast SSID bug.  My WiFi switches are cycling off/on ever so often. I had to setup a portable hotspot on an old Laptop to have them work reliably.

I Plan to Stick Around

@lethalsniper 

Looks like a pin reset will not take us back to production 2.0.10.36T6.  We are probably partitioned off as part of the beta testing.

@RogersIan 

Please roll back the participants who have already received 7.1.1.21.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If they aren't doing rollbacks, then I suggest you take your modem to a rogers store and have them replace it with another unit. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@azar1 

Yes, that is an option.  Rather than swapping out for a new modem and re-registering for the trial program, I will stick it out with my workarounds until the new code comes out.  If I had the degraded speed issue, I would have certainly swapped it out.

I'm a Regular

I had myself removed from the trial firmware list but they keep on pushing these non working firmwares to my modem even tho I already had them removed myself last year I even had to exchange my modem last year for this reason ..
Product Manager
Product Manager

Thank you again to those who continue to provide feedback on the new code.

As you know we found some issues during upgrade which we now have fixes for. We should have our hands on the new code by early next week to begin our in lab testing and will look to get it out to this community asap. The details provided by this group are extremely helpful.

For those who are on 7.1.1.21 please continue to report any issues you run into.

@blues_clues @lethalsniper  I am looking at the options for rolling your modems back, will let you know tomorrow.

Thank you,

RogersIan

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersIan does this version finally improve IPSEC performance?

I'm a Regular

Just got the roll back firm @RogersIan