Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

MANUNITEDONE
I'm here a lot

Thanks for the good news!

Look forward to trying the new Firmware.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@RogersIan Welcome back! Glad to hear that we're getting the long awaited firmware this week. The firmware version, 7.1.1.21 is quite a substantial jump from 2.0.10.36T6 - is the naming an indication that there will be lots of new features in this firmware?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan 

Thanks for the update, when can we expect firmware patch notes?

really thrilled to read them!

ablatt
I plan to stick around

Is 7.1.1.21 being rolled out to everybody?  Or only as a beta to those signed up?

I received it this morning.  Can't remember if I'm in the beta group or not.

RogersIan, as a heads up, you should update the second post on Page 1 of this thread to reflect the new version and release date.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@ablatt 

is docsis 3.1 upstream enabled yet ?

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

I received 7.1.1.21 last night and here are my initial findings:

Cons:

- The new firmware did not upgrade from my old configuration; I had to setup the router from scratch

- There is no configuration to forward IPV6 DNS on the LAN, it was removed (I use pihole as my internal DNS server server for ad filtering)

- no-ip.com (I used domain ddns.net) was removed as a DDNS provider

Pros:

- adding a DHCP reservation address no longer reboots the router

ablatt
I plan to stick around

No OFDMA upstream.

Upstream now shows 8 available channels with 3 occupied, in my case.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@ablatt 

Ok thanks for the input.

I am still waiting for mine to be pushed as I have a new modem and they didn't had the new information in time.

Perhaps @RogersIan  will push it soon.

How did you update the info for the new modem as I have a new modem as well.

Thank you.

@RogersIan did this new firmware get pushed out to my modem ? Since this morning my modem has not been working does it have to do with this new firmware? I can’t even log into the modem using 192.168.... I have restarted the modem 2 times did something go wrong or is it a area issue ?

@rogerslan

Hi;

I was just wondering if I changed my modem, do I have to give you

guys the new Serial Number & etc. I was on the Beta program.

Thank you for your help.

@MANUNITEDONE you should send an update to @CommunityHelps with the new modem serial number and HFC MAC address which is found on the modem product sticker or on the STATUS page which is displayed when you log into the modem.  

@lethalsniper I'd call tech support to see if they can query the modem for the current firmware version.  It might be an area issue or perhaps an issue with an update if that has occurred.  I've seen one post indicating that another customer had to set the modem up again from scratch following the update.  If you call tech support and they can actually query the modem for the current firmware version, you would know whether or not to consider running a manual factory reset. If it has been updated, I'd run a factory reset.  I haven't seen the update yet, so, this is taking time to occur. 

It’s working now after I Did a factory reset looks like the modem didn’t restarted properly after the update ? Just ran some speed test download is so low after the update I’m getting 100 MB on download .. what is this new update supposed to do ?

@Datalink @RogersIan

@RogersIan anyone else having speed issues with this new update? My speeds have dropped big time

azar1
I plan to stick around

Speeds are horrible, lost a bunch of my configurations with the update.

I tried doing a factory reset and wouldn't get above 100mbps. Very disappointed.

How can I get only 100mbps when I'm wired? Unacceptable when I'm paying for gigabit.

Same as me I’m only getting 100mb my highest since the new firmware.. @RogersIan why was this update pushed to my modem if I already told you guys I don’t want to be on the beta firmware?

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Our apologies to those who have experienced issues and those who still are experiencing issues after the update.
We are investigating the cause and trying to replicate in our lab.

@ablattThis build is being released to those who have signed up.
@JohnBeaudin OFDMA is not enabled network wide yet, but is in testing. We need our modems to support it which this new code does.
@RyzenFX The reason for the firmware version to change from a 2.  to 7. is the Intel SDK version being used has changed.

I will do my best to provide you updates as we work through the issues being reported.
Thank you for your patience.
RogersIan

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Thanks for the update @RogersIan

Is there some of you that didn't had issues with the new firmware?

ablatt
I plan to stick around

Mine seems OK so far.  I'm running in Bridge Mode.

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

I didn't check this morning but as of last night was still on the old firmware.

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

Checked just now.  Still on the old firmware.