Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

huh666
I plan to stick around

Still on 2.0.10.36T6 too!

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

Can anyone confirm that 7.1.1.21 is replacement for the Coda 2.0.10.36T ?......which has not been updated since Oct 2018. If it is...than I am still on the old one too. The numbering seems off for the CODA 4582 modem versions. 😀

@rjmaxim you are correct on the firmware update to 7.1.1.21.  Further promulgation is on hold due to slow data rates experienced by some recipients of the update.  Here's the update post from @RogersIan :

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/FEEDBACK-Rogers-Rocket-Wi-Fi-Modem-Firmware-Trial/m-p...

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

With the help of members from this community we were able to identify a few issues in the test code.
This unfortunately means we have had to stop the roll-out.

Our vendor is working on the fixes now and we are expecting new code soon.

We will do our best to get the next version out to you as quickly as possible.

I appreciate the help and feedback provided here and am glad to see this forum back to life.

RogersIan

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

@Datalink Thx....just thought numbering was strange. Will have to wait for update to see if we get better results. Cheers...

ablatt
I plan to stick around

What about people who already got 7.1.1.21?

Will they get rolled back?

That's a question for @RogersIan to address.

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@ablatt These issues are related to failures during the upgrade where configurations were lost or Wi-Fi broadcasting issues. We do have one member here who has expressed to us that they have slower speeds on the test code then on 2.0.10.36T6, which we are investigating.

RogersIan

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan 

Please downgrade me back to 2.0.10.36T6 since there is probably no upgrade path from the current test image of 7.1.1.21 and testing an upgrade from this release is not beneficial.

Also, can we be notified as to when the new testing firmware is ready to be pushed to this community?  I can run several tests before hand so as to have a data set prior to the new code being pushed to us.

Im still waiting to be rolled back since Tuesday . Been getting slow download speeds of 100 mb or lower on a 1gb service on the previous firmware was getting 800mb @RogersIan how long does it take to put back ?

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

Looks like the firmware support team is ignoring us at the moment.  I am going to try a pin reset, which I assume will boot the modem with the shipping version of the firmware, then wait for a production update to 2.0.10.36T6.  We shouldn't get the 7.1.1.21 code back as they have halted the rollout.  I will let you know if I was successful.

I need to get back to production firmware as I can confirm version 7.1.1.21 messes up my WiFi smart devices due to the 2.4Ghz broadcast SSID bug.  My WiFi switches are cycling off/on ever so often. I had to setup a portable hotspot on an old Laptop to have them work reliably.

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@lethalsniper 

Looks like a pin reset will not take us back to production 2.0.10.36T6.  We are probably partitioned off as part of the beta testing.

@RogersIan 

Please roll back the participants who have already received 7.1.1.21.

azar1
I plan to stick around

If they aren't doing rollbacks, then I suggest you take your modem to a rogers store and have them replace it with another unit. 

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@azar1 

Yes, that is an option.  Rather than swapping out for a new modem and re-registering for the trial program, I will stick it out with my workarounds until the new code comes out.  If I had the degraded speed issue, I would have certainly swapped it out.

I had myself removed from the trial firmware list but they keep on pushing these non working firmwares to my modem even tho I already had them removed myself last year I even had to exchange my modem last year for this reason ..

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Thank you again to those who continue to provide feedback on the new code.

As you know we found some issues during upgrade which we now have fixes for. We should have our hands on the new code by early next week to begin our in lab testing and will look to get it out to this community asap. The details provided by this group are extremely helpful.

For those who are on 7.1.1.21 please continue to report any issues you run into.

@blues_clues @lethalsniper  I am looking at the options for rolling your modems back, will let you know tomorrow.

Thank you,

RogersIan

@RogersIan does this version finally improve IPSEC performance?

Just got the roll back firm @RogersIan

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

new code for 7.1.1.21 still to be deployed this week @RogersIan ?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Anyone received 7.1.1.21 beta firmware? looks it's delayed further?

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@JohnBeaudin 

Those of us who have 7.1.1.21 are waiting for the latest update.