FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Don't go anywhere near the 87U.  That router has been nothing but trouble for a large number of people.  There is an updated version of the RT-AC68U called the RT-AC1900P. 

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC1900P/

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/asus-asus-wireless-ac1900-dual-band-router-rt-ac1900p-rt-ac1900p...

http://www.snbforums.com/search/348303/?q=RT-AC1900P&o=date&c[node]=47

My AC68U runs an 800 Mhz processor, whereas the AC1900P has a 1.4 Ghz processor.  Other than the processor, this is the same router.  The only concern that I have is cooling the faster processor.  I suspect that it might run hot, but I haven't seen any comments indicating any problems because of it.  The faster processor should definitely help with gigabit service, or if you're using any VPN service.

I can vouch for the AC68U.  Ours has been rock solid, never had any issues with it.  The only time that its down is for a firmware update. 

Asus has recently locked out previous firmware versions and other third party firmware that aren't compatible with its new header scheme.  This is due to rule changes by Industry Canada and the U.S. FCC to prevent users from changing the available frequencies or power output levels.  Merlin has recently released a compatible version, don't know about DD-WRT  So, once you update the firmware to a recent stock or Merlin version, the only way back  to previous versions is thru the forced update procedure, however, there is little requirement to go back, personal opinion of course, as this would take the router back to a version prior to some security updates.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just received my test firmware 4.5.8.22 for CGN3ACSMR

so far so good 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks!

I'm now on 4.5.8.22

I followed all the steps, got 19/20 for IPV6 test.

Netflix and Shomi both working with Chromecast now, and my Brother wifi printer is working again 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you!

I followed the steps and everything is resolved now.

I Plan to Stick Around

After a few days on 4.5.8.22 for CGN3ACSMR

Everything works flawless so far.  Chromecast can be detected instantly and stays connected.

Very happy with the results.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

Reporting back after using Chromecast for a few days. I'm able to connect to Chromecast now, but I'm noticing after being connected to Chromecast for a while, I would randomly lose my wifi connection and wouldn't be able to reconnect. I would have to wait a few minutes and reconnect again once the wifi network is available. This happens to all my devices.
I've Been Here Awhile

My chromecast is not connecting with my devices.  I am able to setup the chromecast but the devices do not recognize it.  Is it possible to get the firmware to fix my Rocket Modem so that I am able to use my chromecasts?

Thank You

I Plan to Stick Around

@apdamato wrote:

My chromecast is not connecting with my devices.  I am able to setup the chromecast but the devices do not recognize it.  Is it possible to get the firmware to fix my Rocket Modem so that I am able to use my chromecasts?

Thank You

you need to sign up for a trial of the firmware. 

Go to here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1446984

And click on "Send this user a private message" and ask to enter the trial

I've Been Here Awhile

Requested the firmware trial about a week ago after issues with Chromecast not being visible on either Mac or Windows devices. Chromecast is now visible, but I've been trying to cast from my iPad for the ast 15 minutes and it has reloaded four times and is now currently hung at 99% loaded. This update solves nothing. 

I've Been Around

I received the update today

Everything is stable except that i don't have ipv6 enabled

when i run the ipv6-test i get 0/10

do i have to enable ipv6 from the router, it says that ipv6 is enabled by default

Edit:

I got it to work by reseting the router to factory settings

everything works fine till now