Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nineiron
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@tyreman wrote:

Is the a list of fixes and or changes for FW .23?

Thanx in advance

+1, a full history of fixes in each release would be even better!

Lumute
I Plan to Stick Around

Second post on this thread: link

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

@Datalink I put the coda modem to bridge mode and using own router question here is how come I can still log on the coda modem wireless using 192.168.100.1 if I bridged it
markopas
I Plan to Stick Around

@lethalsniper wrote:
@Datalink I put the coda modem to bridge mode and using own router question here is how come I can still log on the coda modem wireless using 192.168.100.1 if I bridged it

You should still be able to access the address of 100.1 but I've never been able to make it work under bridge mode, I always had to plug directly in to the modem to connect to that address.

Maybe your router is NAT'ing to the modem?

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

What do you mean nating? So does that mean both wifi are on coda and my router even tho the coda is bridged ? Can you try and see if you or anyone can still log on there modem in bride mode using 192.168.100.1 wirelessly
yyzsam
I Plan to Stick Around

The CODA Wifi is OFF when in bridge mode. But you can still connect to the CODA admin page wired or via WiFi because of the router you attached to.

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

Thanks
Double_K
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@markopas wrote:

@lethalsniper wrote:

You should still be able to access the address of 100.1 but I've never been able to make it work under bridge mode, I always had to plug directly in to the modem to connect to that address.

Maybe your router is NAT'ing to the modem?

@markopas  that can depend on your network configuration in your personal router.  If you are using 192.168.x.x / 255.255.0.0 or 192.168.100.x / 255.255.255.0 on your home network, then it will think that 192.168.100.1 is on the LAN side of your network.  In addition, if your personal router is configured to block access to "private address networks" on the WAN/Internet, it won't let this traffic through.

prateeck7
I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se

@RyzenFX

Thank you for the info.

Lumute
I Plan to Stick Around

The idea of bridge mode is so you can use your own router / firewall without having NAT (on your router) over NAT (on the modem/gateway), that would cause a ton of trouble...

In Bridge mode all the gateway functions (including Wi-Fi) are disabled, your router gets assign the public IP directly and the modem does not really need an internal IP address as your router directly uses the CMTS as its gateway, the modem just acts as a medium converter (bridge) between them.

That said, the modem does get assigned an IP address to its internal interface so you can use it to configure it (192.168.100.1), but you need to configure your router to be able to talk to that IP. You'll need to assign a secundary IP address to the WAN interface of your router on the same subnet as the modem, lets say 192.168.100.5, otherwise that IP on the modem is not going to be reachable. Just to clarify, do not change the public IP address assigned to your router on the WAN interface, leave that alone (DHCP) as otherwise you'll loose access to the internet, but add a secondary IP to that interface. This is not possible on every router and its more of an advance configuration...