Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@James_Greene, there may have been a modem update.   I'd try this first, reset your wifi settings as they were previously, WPA2-PSK, AES, and then reboot the modem, ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Reboot.  See if that makes any difference.  Fwiw, TKIP is no longer secure and should not be used.  You should be using AES only, not TKIP or AES/TKIP.

While you are logged into the modem, can you have a look at the firmware version that is loaded.  Its listed on the STATUS tab as Software Version. 

James_Greene
I plan to stick around

Hi Datalink, I did what you mentioned.  My settings are WPA2-PSK and AES.  I did a reboot of the modem but no luck.  My old I-pad still cannot recognize my password with these router settings.  My newer I-Pad does not seem to have this issue.  My software version is 2.0.10.34T6.  If I set up a "Guest" account, then I can access the old I-pad without an issue.  However, I have no idea what the security parameters are when a "Guest" account is set up as there is no information on the "Guest" set up page.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

nl2
I plan to stick around

My Hitron 4852 is in bridge mode. Normally, I can browse to 192.168.100.1 to login. Recently this ends in connection timed out. My computer ethernet is configured as 192.168.100.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.100.1. It is connected directly to my Hitron 4852. This has not been a problem in the past. The internet connection is working.

How do I connect to my Hitron 4852?

Big8D
I plan to stick around

power off and power on again you will be able to access it again.

nl2
I plan to stick around
Thanks. I can login again after a modem reboot. Noticed firmware has been updated that may have been the cause.

mghordejuk
I've been around

Hello Datalink,

We have ongoing loss of download speed with rogers ignite 500 (more than 2 months, two tickets open). Contacted Rogers numerous times, case elevated to tech support level 2, tech visit at home - no problem found. 5 or 6 modem exchanges. Problem is not fixed - after modem reboot from rogers side the download speed is fine - around 500 Mbps and 10 min later is back to somewhere around 3-10 Mbps. Upload generally good : 18 - 20 Mbps. 

We already ordered Tech savvy service but still trying to understand what is wrong. With Rogers for 20+ years. Thanks for your advise. 

darwood
I've been here awhile

I just picked up the CODA-4582 @ the rogers store. 

Hardware Version 2A
Software Version 2.0.10.34T6

The issue I'm having is related to speed in bridge mode.   

Before anyone says it's the router, it's not at least with the capability of the router.  The router is a D-Link 890L with dd-wrt installed.   

The hitron with Residential Gateway Function on and d-link 890l plugged into Port 1, results in proper operation at the correct speeds for my service level.   However this of course creates a double nat issue for me.

The hitron with Residential Gateway Function OFF (bridge mode), and the d-link 890l plugged into Port 1, results in operation at less then 100Mbps, higher pings, but otherwise working as the router does get a public IP. 

It seems to me the Hitron is detecting the ethernet connection is 100 instead of 1000.   I've changed the cable in case it's picky. But all cables result in the same issue.   Residential Gateway Function ON = full speed on router, Residential Gateway Function OFF = speed caps out less than 100 (usually 92-94Mbps) 

How can you force link to 1000 on the Hitron ? 

Or does anyone know how the solve this issue? 

@darwood its interesting that you indicate full speeds with the modem in Gateway mode, but, see a drop in throughput with Bridge mode.  Seems that we've run into this problem before, with this router.  I don't remember the details but, I would suggest a factory reset for the router, when the modem is in Bridge mode.  After the Factory Reset is complete, disable everything except the firewall in the router.   If DD-WRT has DOS protection, I would enable that as well.  Reboot the router at that point and after the reboot, run a speedtest using the www.speedtest.net Toronto Rogers or Montreal Rogers servers, which ever is closer to your location.  From there, for every function that you enable, run a speedtest after you enable the function in order to determine what the throughput cost might be.  Anything that requires the CPU to process the data, such as QOS, Traffic Monitoring and others will result in decreased throughput, partly due to the loss of the faster CTF path through the router, and partly because of the time it takes to process the packets and do what needs to be done, which results from the selected function(s).

Fwiw, the D-Link 890L uses a Broadcom CPU and wifi chipset, which should result in the use of Broadcom's Cut Through Forwarding.  If you're going to see high speed data rates thru a Broadcom based router, you need to use Cut Through Forwarding, or, in the case of Asus's latest RT-AC86U, the follow-on replacement for CTF, which is Broadcom's Packet Runner.  As far as I know, DD-WRT still doesn't support CTF, as the DD-WRT believes that CTF is a hack to enable higher throughput rates.  I direct your attention to Kong's comments, which are post #4 in the following thread:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1049630

Maybe the support for CTF has changed recently?  Don't know.  I leave that to you to research.  I suspect that you might have to return to the stock firmware to see the higher data rates through the router.  It might be worth an experiment to load the stock firmware, if only for test purposes to check the data rates.  From there, its up to you to continue with stock firmware or return to DD-WRT. 

pdqweb
I plan to stick around

A Rogers tech was here yesterday to solve my Ignite 150 wi-fi speed problem - rarely over 20 Mbps down (wi-fi up16 Mbps, ethernet exceeds 150). He switched in a newer CODA-4582U modem (why not) and moved it to a better location. Speed a little better. He mentioned the signal at the distribution box was too high and he wasn't happy with the 3-way splitter setup (phone, internet, tv). After confirming I would be ok with more wires on outside of the house, he removed the splitter that was added 2 years ago!   Suddenly wi-fi speed jumped from 50 Mbps to 180 Mbps!  He also mentioned that the rogers graphs indicated there is an problem in our area in south Ottawa that needs to be looked at (I live in hope). That might explain my internet speed being all over the place and sometimes unusable (2.4G and 5G) over the last several months.  Rogers tech phone support did a fine job of up-selling - but it seems maybe my old plan and equipment could have supplied acceptable service at less cost.

darwood
I've been here awhile

Strange results.  

Rebooting the router and modem multiple times made no difference,   and then all of a sudden it did. 

I've factory reset the modem. I'm going to put it back into bridge mode and see if it's a transient glitch.   Hopefully I get to that sometime this week. 

As for the dd-wrt router dir-890l since it's working I decided to upgrade it to the latest release (May 5th-2018), flashed it to factory, and then to dd-wrt.  made no difference it's working properly and at the appropriate speeds. 

Go figure. 

nl2
I plan to stick around

My Hitron 4852 is in bridge mode. Normally, I can browse to 192.168.100.1 to login. Recently this ends in connection timed out. My computer ethernet is configured as 192.168.100.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.100.1. It is connected directly to my Hitron 4852. This has not been a problem in the past. The internet connection is working.

I was able to connect to my Hitron 4852 after a reboot. Days later I am unable to connect to my Hitron 4852 again.

Why do I have to reboot in order to connect to my Hitron 4852?

Hello, @nl2

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Rebooting the modem every time to access the admin console is quite inconvenient. We can pass on your observation to our firmware team, what's the firmware version your modem is running? 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Hucklebury
I plan to stick around

I am having the same issue with my Coda modem Firmware 2.0.10.34T6.

I was able to Log in ok until this Firmware 2.0.10.34T6

I actually experienced it again this morning Monday May 14/18

vanhalen26
I plan to stick around

Please help.   I get this error message upon attempting to logon to a guest wifi:  only allow DHCP client to use this wireless

Hoping to resolve very soon!

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Same issue as other up top. I was able to login to my modem in bridge mode up until latest firmware update. Please fix it 

Do you have an update? I think you meant Jan of 2018 and now it is May. I just popped in M2 Sata SSD into the router and on Admin, USB Storage i am not seeing any thing. Looks like usb 3.0 issue is still there. Should i format the HD as FAT32?

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

2.0.10.35T1 is out. lets see the login to Modem issue is fixed or not .. 

AhmedAskar
I plan to stick around

Does Rogers have any plans on increasing the upload speed? I'm on the CODA 4582 with 35T1, upload issues for the past year now.

30mb upload is really not enough considering that it always drops to 1-5mb upload while streaming to any website.

@AhmedAskar I can't speak for Rogers, but I suspect that higher upload rates will not arrive until the next Intel SDK is issued for the 4582.  That is probably several weeks if not months away.  I doubt that you will see any official comments from Rogers staff concerning expected dates for all of that to happen. 

As for the streaming upload Rogers has apparently been working on that lately.  If you are still having issues with this, please let @RogersMoin know.  My guess is that there is some cable or connector issue that is causing slow upload rates. 

Bilko
I plan to stick around

Im about to do a factory reset on my coda4582.

I realize ill have to set up the wifi again but will i lose my firmware updates and the latest docsis?

Thx in advance

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bilko if you have Trial Firmware Version 2.0.10.35T1 loaded on your 4582, running a Factory Reset will result in loading the latest network wide firmware version which I believe is 2.0.10.34T6.  DOCSIS 3.1 downstream will continue to run as that is the 4582 operating mode currently employed by Rogers.