Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@Catlin@ayosnato, and anyone else experiencing DHCP issues with the CODA-4582 modem, can you give this a try:

1.  Log into the modem and navigate to the BASIC .... RESIDENTIAL GATEWAY tab. 

2.  Change the Router Mode from Dual (stack) to IPv4.  The modem will revert to IPV4 only mode in two to three minutes.  

I usually run modem reboot when I do this as well:  ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Reboot Device.

You could, prior to the reboot, decide on a device to use a test subject.  Remove that device from the static IP address list, and then reboot the modem.  

The question at hand is whether or not there are IPV6 issues mixed up in the DHCP problems that you are experiencing.  If someone can run test, that will confirm or disprove the idea.  With IPV6 disabled, will the test device receive an IPV4 IP from the modem and operate as expected? 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink I have tried your suggestion previously with no luck but could not recall if I rebooted the Coda after making the changes. I will try this out tomorrow and will post back the results. Thanks.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the suggest. I will also test this out and see how it goes for a couple days since it usually takes around a day or so after restarting the modem for the DHCP to stop working again.
If it works that will be good since IPv6 still isn't being used or needed anyways, especially at a local DHCP level in a residential setting. It is not very likely for people to be using more than ~240 devices.

The other issue I noticed that is probably related to this is that I seem to be having tons of issues with LAN/WiFi computers networking shared files & playing games consistently.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Catlin wrote:
 It is not very likely for people to be using more than ~240 devices.

I agree.  Just one proviso: some systems (OS/X?) generate random MAC addresses.  This is to avoid the computers being tracked by MAC address.  Each time a device presents a new MAC address it would look like a new device.

Oh, and the range for dynamic assignment might be less than 240.  I haven't looked at the CODA-4582 because I use it in bridge mode.  My home-built router too often runs out of free dynamic addresses (my fault).

I'm Here A Lot

Hitron CODA-4852U:  where to disable remote admin?

Hello,

It must be there somewhere and I'm just not seeing it - could someone please direct me to where in the admin interface I can disable remote admin access?  (ie, make admin access by network cable only, no wifi access to admin functions)

Thank you.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink For the past day I tried what you suggested and changed the router mode from Dual to IPV4. The test device I was using was my iphone which I had previously set to static ip in order to connect to the Coda modem. The iphone initially was able to access the network which is not unusual after a Coda reboot. After a few hours or so the phone could not get a proper ip address from the Coda (I was getting a 169.x.x.x address). I accessed the Coda interface and it showed that  my phone is connected with a proper ip address (192.x.x.x). I also tried setting the phone to static ip (which used to work) but this time could not get it to even connect even though the Coda interface again showed that the phone is connected with a proper ip address.

I have since reverted it back to Dual mode and rebooted the Coda. Once again setting my phone to static ip works.

Let me know if there are other things I could try to troubleshoot these issues or if there are other information you need. Thanks in advance for the input of everyone in this forum.

@Catlin fyi

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ayosnato thanks for trying.  What wifi network were you using?  2.4 or 5 Ghz?  If it was a 5 Ghz channel are you using channels 149 to 161?  Wifi introduces reception problems of its own, but at this point it certainly looks like there is some type of DHCP issue on the go with the 4582 modem.   The 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address would be a default address for the device if in fact it was not issued an IP address.   Do you happen to have any ethernet connected devices that you could try the same procedure?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink I used channel 161 (5 Ghz) for my testing. I can test again using my ethernet connected devices that I currently set to static ip and will post results. I may not be able to test it until a few days from now so if someone that is also encountering similar issues can test this out until then...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@able_charly it looks like you want to disable local wifi access to the modem management.  There isn't any facility to really do that on these modems.  Only way I can see that is to assign a static IP address to the device that you want to use to access the modem's management pages using the LAN SETUP ....DHCP RESERVATION function, then add that device to the Trusted Devices list in the keyword filter tab, SECURITY .... KEYWORD FILTER.  Add the address 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1 as keywords and set the selected device as having the rule disabled.  That should allow you to use a specific device or devices as entered, using either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 to access the modem's login page. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ayosnato, thanks very much.  When ever you can get at it to test....  I fully understand that one 🙂  There's no fury like a family who's internet service is cut off for experimental purposes 😞