Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@CommunityHelps @RogersDave @SeanMM @Datalink

Soooo.... using v .24 this morning.... im getting the oddest set of results today, until now not able to get more than 100Mbps on any device.....

First, ive been getting MIMO and Non-ranging Response T3 errors still, about twice a day, even this morning about 5am.....

BUUUUT this morning, I ran a speeed test like I have been doing, and got 3 consistant results from both rogersspeedcheck and speedtest.net ... but this number seems to be impossible to me....

Rogers.jpg

First off... im using a mini-desktop, with only a 220W power supply, so there is no way I have an aftermarket LAN card because most LAN or PCI cards in general, require atleast a 300W power supply, so I shoulndt be able to get more than 100Mbps on my desktop... and this result was 3 times from 2 sites this moring, about 7:45am Toronto....

NOT COMPLAINING... LMAO.... Just curious as to if its a genuine result or just a fluke...

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mike2011 wrote:

All,

I'm on the 2.0.10.24 firmware, no black dot CODA-4582.  After many posts I'm still trying to figure out certain things.  After seeing the DOCSIS Logs not have anything new in it for 3 days I rebotted the modem last night and this morning I see a lot of warning and critical.  The problem is I have no way of knowing what any of it means.  I know since signing up for the gigabit ultra plan I've never come close to the speeds.

I have a few questions and a posting of my DOCSIS WAN and DOCSIS Logs

1) How can someone detemine if DOCSIS 3.1 is available in their neighbourhod?
2) How can one tell if they are missing channels?
3) What do the various errors mean?

1) In the OFDM downstream section, you will see numbers for some values, rather than just "NO" and "N/A", the downstream light on your modem will be a slighlty lighter shade of blue than the upstream one.

2) You should have all channels from 1-32, you are missing a bunch

3) Not sure on all of them, but below links should help. Also RCS loss of service is when you lose channels. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the links.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Should I unplug/replay and keep an eye on things or would you suggest exchanging it?
I Plan to Stick Around

@WestPoint wrote:

Soooo.... using v .24 this morning.... im getting the oddest set of results today, until now not able to get more than 100Mbps on any device.....

First, ive been getting MIMO and Non-ranging Response T3 errors still, about twice a day, even this morning about 5am.....

BUUUUT this morning, I ran a speeed test like I have been doing, and got 3 consistant results from both rogersspeedcheck and speedtest.net ... but this number seems to be impossible to me....

Rogers.jpg

First off... im using a mini-desktop, with only a 220W power supply, so there is no way I have an aftermarket LAN card because most LAN or PCI cards in general, require atleast a 300W power supply, so I shoulndt be able to get more than 100Mbps on my desktop... and this result was 3 times from 2 sites this moring, about 7:45am Toronto....

NOT COMPLAINING... LMAO.... Just curious as to if its a genuine result or just a fluke...

Your image is not viewable.

I'm Here A Lot

Hey everyone

I've noticed recently while gaming I'm getting large ping spikes during the day.  For some reason in the past few days I've had to reboot my router after freezing as well.  I've seen mention about routers with a black dot(s) but when I look at mine I don't see any.  I did pick up the modem the first day I got the text regarding the upgrade.  Any ideas?

My current firmware version appears to be .19

Thanks!!

Tom

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tjmd 

@tjmd wrote:

Hey everyone

I've noticed recently while gaming I'm getting large ping spikes during the day.  For some reason in the past few days I've had to reboot my router after freezing as well.  I've seen mention about routers with a black dot(s) but when I look at mine I don't see any.  I did pick up the modem the first day I got the text regarding the upgrade.  Any ideas?

My current firmware version appears to be .19

Thanks!!

Tom

I would suggest going to your local Rogers store and exchange your modem for a black dot modem. The first batch of modems have a problem with the shielding and interference. The Black dot modems correct this issue. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mike2011 swap the modem since you are missing channels.

I've Been Here Awhile

IPV6 addresses again. WOOT!

black dot on .24, docsis 3.1, in pickering. Tested this morning and getting 750 down, will keep testing, prior to ipv6 was getting 850 down

I Plan to Stick Around

@User9425 wrote:

IPV6 addresses again. WOOT!

black dot on .24, docsis 3.1, in pickering. Tested this morning and getting 750 down, will keep testing, prior to ipv6 was getting 850 down

It's hard to tell if you are happy or sad in this message.. LOL Smiley Very Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

@WestPoint wrote:

Rogers.jpg

Cannot see your image so i cant give an opinion on your speed, however im not sure where you got these numbers about LAN cards needing 300W but thats not true at all. There are many adapters out there that are low power and achieve gigabit ling speeds no problem. Link speed is determined by the adapter and the pother ends nagotiation and thorouput is more determined by the machine being able to compute fast enough to achieve the speeds rather than the power wattage.

I have an Atom PC with a 4 port server NIC in it, it runs off a 65W power supply. 

If your desktop isnt geriatric, changes are it has a gigabit NIC in it, its been standard since the early 2000's in a lot of machines.