Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

you don't need to assign a secondary IP to anything, atleast not in my experience with various devices.

My internal network is 172.16.x.x and I never had an issue accessing my various bridged hitron modems.

I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting, it should be necessary, at least it was for me many modems ago. Yes of course it will not work if your internal network is on the same subnet (192.168.100.0/24) or you have a VPN to such a subnet...

Maybe the latest devices are able to intercept traffic to that IP? not sure how they are doing it... cool if it works without it...

I'm Here A Lot

@Lumute wrote:

Second post on this thread: link

thanks!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Does the new modem come in black and white? I've seen black online and white on here...
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm on my 5th CODA 4582, 2 tech guys have and could not find anything wrong. They just switched the modems. Now have a black dot version. Fw. 19 docsis 3.1 enabled (purple light on). Turned off 2.4ghz and wps. Still garbage. Every few hours the download goes down to 10 Mbps or less but upload speed stays the same. I have to keep rebooting every few hours. Seriously considering going back to the 3552, which wasn't that great but compared to this, it might be bearable.

I've Been Here Awhile

Having the exact same problem but dropping under 5Mbps!

I'm a Senior Advisor

So just wondering if all these (informal beta testers), who have purchased the top packages with the new modem are getting their fees reduced since the boxes are still actively being beta tested here with users on the board.

Just wondering,

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rexjs wrote:
I'm on my 5th CODA 4582, 2 tech guys have and could not find anything wrong. They just switched the modems. Now have a black dot version. Fw. 19 docsis 3.1 enabled (purple light on). Turned off 2.4ghz and wps. Still garbage. Every few hours the download goes down to 10 Mbps or less but upload speed stays the same. I have to keep rebooting every few hours. Seriously considering going back to the 3552, which wasn't that great but compared to this pos, it might be bearable.

When the speeds drop, call into Rogers and ask them to test your neighbourhood, this will let you know if the issue is something affecting your neighbourhood, or just your connection. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Oh I've called at least a dozen times and they have it on record. They always say everything looks fine on their end and there are no connection issues but they have no idea why my speeds go down to a crawl. They're only solution is reboot, swap modem at the store or bring in a technician. None of those options worked. I have a work order yesterday to get a 3552 modem but none of the rogers stores around Toronto have them because a lot of CGN3s have been bricked by a fw update. Ridiculous.
I've Been Here Awhile

@Rexjs wrote:
Oh I've called at least a dozen times and they have it on record. They always say everything looks fine on their end and there are no connection issues but they have no idea why my speeds go down to a crawl. They're only solution is reboot, swap modem at the store or bring in a technician. None of those options worked. I have a work order yesterday to get a 3552 modem but none of the rogers stores around Toronto have them because a lot of CGN3s have been bricked by a fw update. Ridiculous.

I have the exact same issue/experience.

I signed up on Jan 19th and had great consistent speeds until Jan 28th when it started dropping under 5Mbps download but stays at about ~20Mbps upload. The techs have said everything looks good on their end so I should try swapping out the modem. I don't believe that to be a solution to my problem.

I'm using the black dot version and on fw .19 - not sure when this was updated but I was on .13 when I first got the modem. I'm also using the modem as the default Gateway and directly plugged into the ethernet port.

I've tried a hard reset a few times but the speeds always seem to deteriorate to ~5Mbps down but uploads stay fine at ~20Mbps. If I reboot the modem, the speeds hit my regular peak (I seem to usually hit ~330Mbps after the reset on the Ignite 250 plan) but drop to about 5Mbps after 15-45 mins. Turning off 2.4Ghz doesn't seem to help the issue (as some have suggested here) and isn't really an option for me because  my security cameras only use 2.4Ghz.

Anyway, I'm working from home today and my connection has been steady all day so far (~4hrs) without a reboot this morning. I'll see later if this is an issue that happens during 'peak' hours.