Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Called a rogers store next to my house and they confirmed black dot is indeed getting recalled. This is getting embarassing, I can't believe I'm paying for this quality of service. Jesus.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I feel bad for those of you that have to swap again, hopefully they won't recall the white version as well.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

But why ? Is there a hardware issue - ( fire ) what they don't even know why , this is ridiculous
I Plan to Stick Around

A tech literally just left my house after swapping my CODA out for a black dot version and now it might be recalled?.  It's amazing how bad my experience with Rogers has gotten since I switched from the 100/10 to the gigabit bundle.

I Plan to Stick Around

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

I feel bad for those of you that have to swap again, hopefully they won't recall the white version as well.

Well, the black dot version was supposed to replace the "white" version for all means and purposes, so de facto it has been recalled...

Gee, this is getting annoying, only got my old CGN swapped for a doted version 3 days ago... CODA-4582 - a samsung galaxy note 7 of cable modems! What's next, a green dot? No really, what are they replacing it with?

I Plan to Stick Around

The black dot one is better for me than the original. At least I'm not losing channels with the black dot version.

@Vikentieff wrote:

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

Well, the black dot version was supposed to replace the "white" version for all means and purposes, so de facto it has been recalled...

Gee, this is getting annoying, only got my old CGN swapped for a doted version 3 days ago... CODA-4582 - a samsung galaxy note 7 of cable modems! What's next, a green dot? No really, what are they replacing it with?

That's what I'm trying to figure out, I'm genuinely curious what is new with the modems that are supposed to replace the black dot versions. 

In the first place, Rogers should've done testing for a few more months instead of rushing the product out. It's a really really good modem... if Hitron and Rogers gave it some time to polish we would be at a better state.

I Plan to Stick Around

they're recalling the black dot probably to replace it with red dot Smiley Very Happy

I was planning to swap mine with the black dot this weekend, good thing I did not swap earlier

I'm a Regular

Any info yet ?

So what exactly is replacing the black dot coda modem?  At least I am glad I didn't BUY the modem.  I would be pretty upset if you spend $$ only to get a paperweight.