FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersDave any updated news on this? http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/354... and for which Hitron modem/routers?

TIA,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I've Been Around

Just a quick note to confirm that the upgrade to 4.5.8.22 competely resolved issues with Airprint /Bonjour for all my "idevices".  No ill effects to report.  Thanks all.

Tim  

I Plan to Stick Around

Does 22T3 address the issue of IPv6 not working on this site.

http://ipv6-test.com/

This has been up and down for me ever since I got the on .22 trial firmware.

i'm still getting 4/20 when I was getting 19/20 previously.

My router shows that its pulling all the IPv6 DHCP info from rogers but IPv6 seems to be down for me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Makaveli99, run a factory reset on the modem.  I've seen an example where a CGN3ACSMR was updated but a factory reset wasn't run.  The end results were just as you are seeing now.  You have an IPV6 address but IPV6 testing fails.  So, run the reset and confirm if that cures the situation.  I've also seen flaky results from ipv6-test.com.  So, I usually refresh that page a few times to ensure that I get consistent results from test to test.  

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave 

I am curently on 4.5.8.25

4.5.8.25 (September 15, 2016) - Issues identified, firmware on hold

any idea when the issues will be solved ?

and should we expect that after the resolution of these issues, it will be available to all beta testers in the forum?

John

I Plan to Stick Around

I actually did a factory reset over the weekend but I never checked it in Gateway mode I went right back in to bridge mode and ran the test.

I will do another factory reset and test it in Gateway mode.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jseller Nevermind I got it to work. Off topic but since you have the same router combo I do I might as well ask.

Are you getting any intermient disconnects from you CGN device? I'm getting random disconnects that last 20-30 seconds (where the blue LEDs become green to signal they're looking for a connection) it's been happening for the past month. It eventually comes back but it's just a nuance.
I Plan to Stick Around

I did when I first noticed that the firmware was upgraded. But one I did a factory reset, it worked great. No disconnections so far.
I'm a Regular

Which firmware did you get, is there a .25 firmware coming out soon ?
Network Architect
Network Architect

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@RogersDave 

I am curently on 4.5.8.25

4.5.8.25 (September 15, 2016) - Issues identified, firmware on hold

any idea when the issues will be solved ?

and should we expect that after the resolution of these issues, it will be available to all beta testers in the forum?

John

I am currently working with Hitron and at this point I can't provide a date.

Once these issues are resolved, I will perform the same process as last time, upgrade a few modems (around 5), wait a couple of days for feedback then upgrade all firmware trial participants.

Dave